Reviews for The Burning Time
Azuula chapter 1 . 6/20/2008
I have actually finished reading the whole story, but needed a couple days to let it all sink in. I have but one word for you: Wow. In all honesty, I don't even know where to begin. I have never found myself more involved in a story. Your writing made me feel I was there, watching from a sideline as the story began to unfold. There was plenty of suspense, the plot was perfect, and I can not think of one loose string that you did not address. I am so glad that I was able to read this story in it's entirety, rather than chapter by chapter. I don't think I could have handled the wait, considering it's all I have thought about for days. I actually printed off a copy from chapter 5 on so I could take it home and read in bed before sleep. That's a lot of pages...lol

I was so glad when I read it won first place in a contest. It probably gave you some of the recognition you deserve. I truly think that this would be a wonderful continuation to the series, or even a movie. If you haven't already, you may think about looking into selling the story to the original creators of WHR. They may just be interested. If I was them, I would be all over this. It even puts the loose stings left at the end of the series in place. You are a very talented writer. I hope to see more in the near future...*hint hint*...update the sequal...*hint hint*... )
Silver Silence 89 chapter 21 . 6/11/2008
To make it an even 1085...

This was amazing. i could really see it as a second season to the series.I loved every minute of it. You were great. Depicted the characters perfectly. I loved your original characters as well. I can't wait for a sequel. O.o
Taokitty chapter 21 . 4/26/2008
Hm... this epilogue and final chapter probably would have been a stronger effect if I had not been trying so hard to tune out Shrek in the background...

Hm... what to say?

Your fic is rather good. I liked to say that Seth seemed unsure of himself, of what he should do, and it makes me wonder if he has a fate in the sequel to this.

Another thing, as a woman has said who reviewed is that Amon is himself and yet is not, for taking the example of the whole *map comment* it would seem unlike him, and yet, it seemed to fit him just fine, and even if some may find it unexpected [perhaps] of how he thinks, he defiantly acts as how he would if we were not in his head, and that truly is a wonderful thing [and hard of course].

I fear I bring this review not to justice for I am unsure to comment on now [as I had been aware of what to last time, though I did recall planning to mention the above paragraph]. Poor Sela... she truly was a wonderful girl seeing she actually cared and held not the distance the others held.

I wonder how Bast shall play in the sequel? I recall you mentioning she had an important role [if memory serves to be correct] and I'm curious to see exactly what she'll be.

Hm... can you think of any way for the just ESTATIC tone of my voice to heighten to new levels? [Not to offend you, tis to offend myself and still holding this montone ish tone, GAH!]

Well, I guess I can say is I can't wait for the sequel and anticipatinly [Yes, I know that's not a word and 'yes' shouldn't be capatilized ] wait for it. 0

~Taokitty~
Taokitty chapter 14 . 4/25/2008
It's amazing to see how much time and effort you've put into this fic looking at all these different religions, peoples, and historians and making so many connections...

It's incredible to know how much you look at references to find out information whether to satisfy both your curiosity and to help develop the plot for this story, which seems very fitting for it fits perfectly with the feel of the anime series.

You're intriguing truthly, and it seems you're very open to view of different religions, which is rather nice.

Until recently, I was a Catholic, but found too much of it to be based on human intuition along with seemingly disregarding respect to individuals who are of a different religion or race [or perhaps it is simply because my school says that we must try to bring people away from their own religion]. I still hold a respect for it, but...

Anyway, again I'm impressed with your fascination along with your wonderful plot thus far with getting the characters... well, in character. It's interesting and easily plausible to imagine all of this. And the fic is constantly moving too, which is nice. It doesn't exactly drag on, but each scene has a purpose.

I wonder if Bast is to be the Goddess of the Moon? It appears Robin and Amon are destined for particular roles. Where the form the Goddess of Moon resides, the God of Sun seems to reside in that ram figure. Is the ram bad though?

Of course, this is just an interpretation I am making which is probably false for me to assume. ;P

Scuse me for assuming part of the plot [though truthly, you are probably fond of someone trying to guess at the inner workings of this story, correct?]

Anyway, I'm also quite happy you put the plot as the main focus [to some degree], as the spine, while romance is the small vertebraes. The plot is the main core of the story, instead of romance, and that's what makes this story truly great.

I also were quite fond of those moments in earlier chapters if Robin and Amon's reactions. For some reason, it gave me goose bumps... _

Anyway, sadly, you have another person who is not fond of Seth... poor boy. It probably partly has to do the reference of that name and though my memory is vague, you mentioned something about names playing a part later on, correct? That and he reminds me of my taxi driving character Ram. Acts mockingly and smoothly which immidiatly gives distrust, but ends up being good in the end when all walls are put down, or when the need arises. I wonder if Seth is like that too? Simply seems to be distrusting [not purposely it seems from how you've replied to comments] but perhaps truly is good, or slowly becomes corrupt and initially good? Anyway...

I'm also fond of how you are slowly but surely changing Amon it seems... he's encasing himself deeper and deeper into the webs of love to a degree with how he seems to be becoming more concerned for Robin. Perhaps it isn't intentional, but it does seem his character is changing a bit as the story goes on.

Actually, earlier on I found it amusing how I seemed to be trailing Amon's thoughts when it came if SOLOMON has possibly wanted to dispose of the two married Hunters and here comes Seth and his crew happily along... or so I considered Amon's undertone.

I'm curious how all these SOLOMON hunters seem to know they should be afraid though...

You said you planned on a sequel, yes? When I finally finish this, I should look to see if you have made it [or plan to] for that would make my day.

I would write more, but my paragraphs get repetetive with starting with," and I also liked/fond of/etc...", eh? ;P

Will write more [hopefully] after I finish the story, cia!

~Taokitty~

PS It appears I still cannot think of anything random for this... it eludes me so...
Kura-sama chapter 21 . 4/20/2008
Oh My God. I am in awe of HOW IN THE WORLD you came up with the storyline, and all the connections of Christianity and Mythology. I bow down at your greatness.

This is positively the best through out plot I have ever read. The Adam and Eve of the witches, the deception behind Solomon. I am just in utter awe.

Words can't express what I am feeling at this moment. Thank you for writing this wonderful story which I thoroughly enjoyed reading.

I need to go drop dead on my bed now ... It is now 8am, I have read this story since evening yesterday. Staying up all night to finish the story is bad for my health, but it is worth it!
ShadeSpirit chapter 21 . 4/1/2008
This was beautiful. I love the way you write and the way you present the characters. I have read this nonstop for the past few days, heart in my thoat, especially at the end. I'm about to start reading the sequel, though I'm a little concerned since it seems you haven't updated in months. Not that I should say anything, since it would make me a hypocrite. Well, no matter, I will read the two chapters you have up and hope you update eventually. -
InOcEnT-schoolgirl chapter 21 . 1/25/2008
OH MY GOD! _ I have just spent the last like 4 days reading this fic from start to finish- reluctant to stop (but sadly i do have a life- and therefore a mum that ensures i do other things aside from sit on the computer all day...) LOL P

BUT the point is that this was SO cool D it was the first Witch hunter robin fic i read- because i've only just finished watching the series myself... YAE! ROBIN x AMON _ yah gotta love 'em

- God you must've have put like excruciating amounts of thought into all this to come up with the gods- the adam and eve of witches- the new characters- the whole history of the batlle of religions AND not to mention all the different languages you must've had to study a bit of! woah... and i thought i had imagination... P lol

I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT! & good luck for the future

_
PrincessKitty-Chan chapter 20 . 12/21/2007
Wow, has it really been a year? School took over my life, and I found that I didn't even have the chance to enjoy my favorite fanfiction. Now, nearly a year later, I've had to reread certain chapters to remind myself of what happened. It makes me only want to read this entire story over again.

A lot has changed in a year. I've gotten far more curious about Neo-Paganism, and have taken up studying it in my little bursts of free time.

As a Jew studying Paganism, every religious aspect of this fanfiction seemed dead-on. I mean seriously. It all made sense in my head. The prayers, the ideals, the Goddess being known by several names. A lot of the major realizations Robin and Amon had were like, "Oh, I knew that..." to me.

Not that this chapter wasn't earth-shattering. I kept wondering what you were going to do for the climax, and everything I wrung-out my creativity on never came close to as amazing as what you wrote. This chapter was a fabulous end to my favorite story ever. I feel so lucky that you decided to finish it, as few fanfiction authors do.

I've recommended this story to a friend who is getting into Witch Hunter Robin. I told her that this fanfiction any questions she's ever had about the series, religion in general from a different point of view, and anything about Amon and Robin's relationship she wanted to know.

... Blah. This review can't even begin to say how awesome I think you and your writing skills are. I'll try to piece my blown-away mind together for the review of the epilogue.
lotus-bugxm9 chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
I started reading this story a while back, and I'm just now at

the point of re-reading it, for it is seriously the best fic out

there on Robin X Amon I have have read for i love it to bits:D

So Keep up the awesome work for you are a really great writer!
sana-chan chapter 21 . 12/6/2007
aww. incredible. gorgeous. worth my damn time.

Amon x Robin
moonsiren06 chapter 12 . 12/4/2007
i love this fic so far it is so good and very believable and your knowledge is amazing the only bad thing i have to say is i kinda get annoyed constantly rading a different language and haveign to stop in the middle and go down to read the translation but other then that so far so good.
magpup4 chapter 21 . 12/3/2007
Wow, can I just say that I loved this fic. I had never even seen Witch Hunter Robin, but someone introduced me to this and I absolutely loved it! I'm so excited that you're writing a sequel... I'm gonna check it out now :)
Inner Angel chapter 21 . 10/10/2007
Hello there

So, It took most of my non-working time last week (very little btw) and a lot of insomnia to read all through TBT, and now, after a few days to let it sink in, all I can manage is a heartfelt WOW!

I’m not sure I can even begin to tell you in a few lines review the incredible and wonderful journey you just throw me into with this fiction. You did an excellent work in constructing an interesting, believable, and uber exciting continuation for where the WHR anime left. Especially, your portrayals of all characters personalities (particularly Amon and bro) and their development through the story were dead on. Nagira was a wonderful comic relief, and Robin and Amon interaction was perfectly constructed, flowing naturally to a more mature form, without weirdness or OOCness.

I love how you kept it all true to cannon, and used that information creatively in your favor as the series progresses. It is obvious the incredible amount of work and research the plot required, so thank you so much for thinking and writing such a wonderful piece. I love mythology, dark themes and history, so this insight into the construction of modern religion through the demonization of what was different and against the powers at the time, was very welcome. It’s not easy to find fanfiction so well thought out and informed.

To sum up a bit my feelings, I’d tell you this fiction brought a wonderful and much needed felling of completion, of true satisfaction. For we all know how the WHR open finale was so frustrating with the “what if” and unanswered questions. Thank you again for that.

Finally, I read the version up in The Renewal, so I’m just here to review and to announce that I’m helplessly addicted. I’m sure you’ll understand XD

This is simply awesome! Cannot wait to read how it goes for those two...

Keep it up!

Angel
deleted account 2015 chapter 21 . 9/16/2007
This is an awesome sequel to the original series, me thinks! I love the way you've managed to maintain the story line of the original and make a plotline with it...I could even imagine the scenes in my head. What I mean is that you've maintained, not only the stroy line and characterization, but you've also maitained the mood, atmosphere, and style of the original anime! LOVED IT! Thank you for such an enjoyable, exciting, breath-taking fan fic!:)
eclecticwitch chapter 3 . 8/13/2007
Merry Meet,

you certainly know some witchcraft. how old are you and do you practice? if so, how long? I apologize if these are intruding questions.
1,116 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »