Reviews for Little Brother
Guest chapter 1 . 9/30/2011
Daaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwww!

See, it's things like this that make me all pissed at Tolkien for making Boromir die...
TheMadSister chapter 1 . 9/21/2004
I absolutly adore your story! It is really well written... Sweet and beautiful. The whole "pulling Faramir in the any river available" thing is so funny and it shows well the relationship of the two brothers. The way you describe Boromir loving Faramir like a son is very right too, I think. You make me smile and you almost make me cry.

Thank you for sharing your story with us. Today was such a bad day... Until I read "Little brother". :o)

P.S.: Forgive my awful English... I'm trying to not make to much mistakes, but I'm quite terrible when it's time to write in English (my first language is French). :o(
A Monkey's Harp chapter 1 . 5/25/2004
Oh, but that was sweet. Bittersweet, rather. I cried! It's so sad how they never saw each other again... I think these were my favorite lines: "He is my little brother, but he is also a man. He will be all right."
So very sweet and touching. Thank you.
Steelsheen chapter 1 . 5/18/2004
Claire/cbizkit again.
Things I loved:
The Anduin-into-pushingness (my grammar isn't cooperating today :D)
The worry lines/not laughing (so sad!)
The explanation of why he's wearing those clothes...
And the fact that "You are loved" as opposed to "I love you" is a very characteristic Boromir thing to say.
He's not coming back! *sobs*
missjov chapter 1 . 3/27/2004
*sniffles* I was smiling from the beginning to the end, but when it was over, I sniffled. It's amazing. The Faramir and Boromir friendship and brotherhood is portrayed most excellently. :)
Racetrack's Goil chapter 1 . 2/27/2004
Hiya! As an avid Boromir fan (My username used to be Sean/Boromir Fan, but I fell in love with Racetrack in the movie "Newsies." How disloyal. Spare me!), I thought this story was extremely sweet and enjoyable to read. I can just imagine them playing about like that. Nicely written!
pmochizuki chapter 1 . 2/26/2004
Delightful story! I had been recommended to read this story by a reviewer friend of mine, KendraC. She thought that since I'm writing my own Boromir story, one of the best stories of a Boromir/Faramir genre is "Little Brother". And I must say, I agree! You put a wonderful balance of both fun and a sense of foreboding in the imminent death of Boromir while on his journey. A truly sweet story. I like your user name, by the way. Lady Wenham, isn't David Wenham simply terrific? *drools a bit* I can't wait to see him in "Van Helsing". Putting you on my favorite authors list!
Telhyandowen chapter 1 . 2/22/2004
wow...*is at a loss for words*...just wow! That was posibly the best fanfiction I have ever read. That was absolutey the perfect way of capturing the two brothers while adding some humor, relaing it to both the book and the movie AND making me cry. Needless to say, you are an extremely talanted writer and I wouln't change or add anything to this story as it is perfect the way that it is. Wow...I could go on, but I think you've probably had enough of my ramblings.
GOOD JOB!
Alexa chapter 1 . 2/7/2004
I just adore the way you wrote the brothers. I hope you don't mind, but I am writing a novel at teh moment and would like to use this piece as a reference for scenes and such. If you have a problem with that, please e-mail me.
Alexa
Girl X chapter 1 . 2/4/2004
Oh my gosh, that was so sweet. You captured both Boromir and Faramir perfectly. The blend of the movie and book was a good touch as well.
moya chapter 1 . 1/31/2004
Very nicely written. I loved it!
Catmint chapter 1 . 1/30/2004
Beautiful. Excellent characterisation. Love the parts regarding the Anduin!
(Any news on The Stone and The Steward?)
Spacepirate chapter 1 . 1/30/2004
Hey, LW. This fic is awesome. I'm sending you an email detailing my thoughts.
Alex chapter 1 . 1/29/2004
A beautiful intertwining of the movie and book. You have captured Boromir's thoughts perfectly, and I love your portrayal of sweet Faramir as well. I look forward to reading more of your work. And :where: might chapter six of The Stone and Steward be? Regards, Alex
Gypsie Rose chapter 1 . 1/28/2004
Hi! This is Cressida from TORC, aka "Rose" of Gypsie Rose. I really enjoyed this story! I love the thought of the two brothers having a last moment of fun before being parted forever, and I've just now realized, how spooky it is that it involved dunking Boromir in the Anduin. One tiny thing: I think you've mixed up bookverse and movie-verse over the matter of the dreams. Not just because the movies have never mentioned Faramir's dream, but also because the movie dream is different. It doesn't have anything about halflings or broken swords, just a warning: "Your doom is near at hand-Isildur's Bane is found!" (FOTR EE) I think it was supposed to be warning Boromir away, so it makes sense that Faramir didn't have a dream in the movie. Anyway, that's just a tiny point and I really love the story overall! Hope you'll write more.
-Rose