Reviews for Young Old Man
quoththeraven5 chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
this was amzingly beautiful! :)
Savendia chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
I'm not sure if I've ever read something so simultaneously sweet and tragic. The love between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan is so sad and beautiful, not overdone at all. I like how you showed them through the eyes of others, and how you showed the similarities between Anakin and young Obi-Wan, only, the young Obi-Wan died with his master.

It's not easy to write something like this without overdoing the love or the angst, and you balanced it perfectly.
valairy Scot chapter 1 . 11/12/2006
Sheer perfection. And as perfect as the ending is, I found myself hoping (sequel?) that Anakin would restore it.
Alley Parker chapter 1 . 8/25/2005
Ohh that's dee. I liked that :)
MarieThea chapter 1 . 12/12/2004
This is a really good story, very literate. It is also very intense, and one of the best actual examples of literature I have found in any category on this site.
Jedi Keladry chapter 1 . 1/22/2004
All I can say is wow. It's amazing, the way you describe him, how a part of him has died, but the rest of him has to go on. It's surreal in the way that good writing can be. I love the metaphor, how the room is him, a work of art that is destroyed for no reason.
Keep writing!
Keladry
Lady McClellan chapter 1 . 1/22/2004
Wonderful and moving! As usual I enjoy your work immensely. My only critique is the parts where she says she sees Obi as an old man are a little disjointed. A beta would fix these little problems. The basic story is excellent and I love your narrator, she's very easy to picture and she comes off as deeply caring.
SFGrl chapter 1 . 1/21/2004
This was a beautiful piece...and a very original point-of-view. Fantastic work!
A
Ivy chapter 1 . 1/21/2004
I liked it, very sad to see someone so old at the age of 25. The whole story with the painting was touching and heart felt.
Athena Leigh chapter 1 . 1/20/2004
That was very moving. It's just so sweet what they did, and it's great that Anakin gets to see it. Sad though, like what happened to the mural is a reflection of what happened to Obi-Wan, or foreshadowing. That was a really great story.
Batsojopo chapter 1 . 1/20/2004
Oh such a heart ache! Makes me want to go up to Obi-Wan and give him a great big bear hug! He's been through so much in his short life.