Reviews for A New Beginning
Book girl fan chapter 1 . 5/23/2013
Somehow, you make all of his choices seem reasonable.
Kairan1979 chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
Very sweet scene... but we know how it ends, right?

"My life is going to be very different from now on. No more juggling jobs. No more disguises".

When Clark was "killed" in "The late Mr. Kent" episode, he told his parents that he needed to be Clark, and he'd go crazy being Superman all the time. Well, he stopped being Clark and turned into mad Lord Superman.
Miles333 chapter 1 . 11/6/2008
Awesome. That's all I can say. Awesome. :) Beautifully written, too.
Rogue gaL chapter 1 . 5/1/2005
AWW THAT WAS SO SWEET! I LUV IT. MAYBE U SHOULD DO ANOTHER CHAPTER TO IT?
Andrew Joshua Talon chapter 1 . 3/7/2005
Don't quite know why, but I love the "A Better World" fanfictions. Just something about them...

Excellent fic. You really captured the moods I'd expect from both characters, they seemed alive. Very good job.
GGfan27 chapter 1 . 10/15/2004
that was awesome keep it up! )
Lapinina chapter 1 . 3/1/2004
According to Moulin Rouge, diamonds are a girl's best friend.
Very interesting. Superman making the transaction from goody-goody boy scout to egomaniac psycho-on-a-power-trip was very well done in this.
Musashi chapter 1 . 2/14/2004
That was really good. I usually loose interest in stories like this within the first 3 sentences but this kept me going. Kudos.
DoubleL27 chapter 1 . 2/8/2004
I really like this piece because the fluffiness of it ends up being directly juxtaposed with the Lois/Supes scene in "A Better World" where Lois is locked in their room. Or at least it does in my mind. It makes the happiness of the moment more tragic in the light of the comming future. They are wonderfully in character, Superman's innate need to protect those close enough and to give Lois some "wonderous" moments and Lois's analytical mind constnatly working. Every Supes reveal I have ever seen to Lois I feel a bit bad for the woman for being duped by a pair of glasses.
Sally chapter 1 . 2/1/2004
This was great! I loved the story, you wrote lois so well. Overall it was really good. P.S. love ridden is a great song.
Kassia chapter 1 . 1/29/2004
OOh, well-written Lois! Very nice! I love how you create an incredibly romantic set-up for an incredibly horrible situation, and also manage to account for Lois finding herself in the fix she's in in 'A Better World' without having her or Superman step out of character. My favorite bit is Lois' conflict at the beginning, the "When did I become this person?" bit, which was just spot-on. Superman does tend to bring out the sap in her.
One nitpick, and then I'll go: I don't think that Lois would make a reference to Bruce Wayne being Batman, even *if* she'd already figured that Superman could have used his X-Ray vision to figure that out.
Meljean Brook chapter 1 . 1/28/2004
I, too, am surprised that more reviews haven't been posted for this yet. It is such a wonderful, well written story; and, considering that we know how this relationship ends up in "A Better World," incredibly bittersweet.
What I also like about this fic is how you show, through one character (Superman), how he could justify his actions as a Justice Lord, and make them seem right. Choices made for the things we love or care about aren't always easy, or honorable - even though we'd like to convince ourselves they are. That, more than anything, shows Superman's humanity and how capable even he is of error, and that it is a big error for the right reasons.
Lovely, lovely fic.
Lael Adair chapter 1 . 1/23/2004
Wow...3 days and no review? That strikes me as surprising for a work this good. However, I can't say I'm not happy to be the first.
This is a very good short story. And I'm not using the term 'very good' in the cliche sense, mind you. I'm using it in the sense that you actually wrote a short story as opposed to just cutting and pasting some random idea and slapping it into a word file (which seems to be pretty common among other authors). You picked an interesting topic that had ample potential but wasn't too deep, meaning it could be covered adequately in a smaller amount of space. You had well choreographed conversations that portrayed the ideas clearly, emotionally, and without excessive words. And you organized them all into a coherent beginning, a graceful flow of events, and then an appropriate end. Not an easy thing to do.
I think the scene in the apartment could use a little tweaking. After all, that is basically the core of the story. I would have pictured Lois' reaction as a little less...accepting. I would have expected more annoyance, disbelief, confusion, maybe even anger. This is some guy she's known for several years and then, all of a sudden, he jumps at her with this. We already saw how she handled Bruce when he pulled the same trick, and she'd only known him for a few weeks. I can't imagine she'd be too passive when it came to Clark. Keep in mind, though, this deals more with interpreting the characters than anything else. Take it for what it's worth.
All in all, great job. Thanks for the read.