Reviews for Beautiful Disaster
Shirley Ujest chapter 50 . 10/12/2015
I absolutely LOVED this story too, Kristi! You filled it with every emotion known to humans and vampires, but the best part of all was the happily ever after ending!
Only1ToniD chapter 50 . 7/25/2014
SOB! So beautiful yet so SAD! Willow! SOB! But BAngel still got their HEA-FINALLY! SOB! Gonna go have myself a good cry now! Brava!
Haribo2012 chapter 2 . 6/9/2013
love this x
nathy.faithy chapter 50 . 1/23/2013
PERFECT FIC!
LOVE IT!
xoxo
GNatGirl13 chapter 50 . 6/17/2012
Knitchick chapter 50 . 5/1/2012
That was an incredibly beautiful story, and I cried a few dozen times before it was over. Talk about a windy road to HEA.

Thanks for sharing!
My-Crazy-Awesome-Sox chapter 50 . 11/12/2011
Wow, just wow. This was one of the most in-depth, full-bodied, most in character Buffy fics I've read. Wonderfully done!
Marija chapter 50 . 12/27/2010
I started watching Buffy again, not a month ago. Naturally, as the end of season 3 was nearing, this enormous sadness simply engulfed me. It wasn't fair! Finding out that I wasn't the only one that felt that way didn't help at all. I remebered it all now: how a few crossovers could never do the justice to this story that was greater than even Romeo and Juliette one (I completely agree with Gunn here...) I needed closure and, since judging and thinking about stories is kind of my job, not just any story would do to satisfy my hunger for it. And I read many before I found out about this one. And I tried reading many more after I finished this one.

Let me just say this (and I hope you'll read this since I really need you to recieve my thanks!): this is a very good writing, in its own right. Even if I wasn't just fresh out of watching the stuff, I'd get sucked into it. Powerful phrasing, impeccable storytelling, perfect chice of the narrative techique. The 1st person view just brought it all out, in a way an ordinary 3rd person storytelling focus never could have done. And the steady build-up of the plot, as well as the way you incorporated all the important elements of the canon lore while bashing all the rest that was so hurtful and nonsensical and unnecessary - masterful!

I've wandered myself, as I suppose we all did or do, what would be a perfect way to tell their story had not the producers' need to earn more money out of our favorite characters ruined it. And, with only a small, perhaps even negligable, reserve I found myself compelled to say that this would be it. You did it - you gave me my much needed closure.

I enjoyed immensely seeing Buffy turned into a vampire, I lost my breath each time Angel and she got lost in their ever increasing desire for eachother (I never thought it could get any more intense than it already was, and yet again you pleasantly surprised me!), I felt every aching moment of their love as true. It's not enough to say that I cried like a baby many times over reading this. I did, of course. But also, I laughed and smiled, and found that bittersweet readerly feeling again, the one that gets to me every time I have a chance to stumble upon a story that makes me sad for reading it too fast, beacuse it made me happy. These precious readerly pleasures don't come quite as often to me anymore, and I thank you for this.

But, just so that you see (I really hope you read this!) that the aforementioned reserve about my almost perfect readerly pleasure really did exist, and that I do have a critical side to me, let me turn to that now.

I wouldn't quite end it as you did. The baby I could live with - it is after all a fitting narrative device, but the choice of the holiday celebrated would most definitely fall out. It would not be 4th of july. I can't really say what 4th of July means to Americans, but in my country we too have a bunch of political holidays that mean almost nothing to me, and to everyone alse I know. I'd choose Buffy's birthday. It would mean not only a beautiful ending, but also a beautiful new beggining - the breaking of the vicious circle of her tragic birthdays. So it would work story-wise, it would fit in perfectly.

But in the end, it didn't matter that much. I used my imagination, and made up for that, in my view, tinniest of all mistakes you could have made.

Again, thanks a bunch! I'd hug you if I could, but obviously that's out of the question. Their story made me more sad than I could imagine possible, it haunted me, as if it happened to me. I was surprised at how personal I felt their plight - honestly I thought myself more jaded than this... After reading your story, I feel content. I really thought I'd have to write something myself, but you freed me from that urge. I could have never myself thought of a story that would be as powerful as this one is. This is how BTVS should have ended, this is what the last seasons should have looked like. And after reading this I still didn't find anything among so much fanfiction that quite compares. Not even among your own stories.

And can you trust me when I say that compliments to any writing don't come easy to me? I wouldn't... But I hope you do. You found a way to please a reader that stays cold to many a "classic" page.
mayfever chapter 50 . 9/7/2010
Oh wow. I stayed up REALLY late for three consecutive nights now while reading this and I just want to say I enjoyed this story so, so much. I don't normally read novel-length fics (a) because I'm instant gratification girl and b) because mostly, they are really, really bad), but you've done a beautiful job of building suspense, building and following story arcs, tying up subplots and portraying our beloved characters very believably despite diverting from canon. Plus I loved how you brought in all the angst and STILL managed to give us a happy ending! This is AWESOME writing! I can't wait to read all your other fics! x
Angellufy chapter 49 . 3/21/2010
Loved it! So good to see a happy ending
RetickLover chapter 50 . 3/20/2010
gr8 fic dude. awesome ending and everythin. it sucks tht willow dies tho, she shuda been there for Buffy's weddin. anyways, awesome fic
RetickLover chapter 24 . 3/20/2010
this story so far is really good. i wasn't gnna post till the end but i HAD to say tht wen Gunn said "Dude, you two make Romeo and Juliet look like a one night stand", it was way hilarious to me. anyways...yea, lookin forward to finishin this
Kelly chapter 20 . 1/16/2010
you are an awsome writer this story was great but dont end it write more
clandestinequeen chapter 50 . 1/3/2010
The last ten chapters, I was in tears throughout just about each and everyone of them. You really know how to make good on the water works. Buffy leaving Angel for the better life this time cracked me like—quickly. hah hah, it was so—sad, just terribly familiar as described since Angel had actually done it to her. This was an amazing story, I loved the ending and the fact that you Xander actually named his kid after “Willow”. Off to make work of the rest of your stories now! 3
clandestinequeen chapter 38 . 1/3/2010
Shame, this was a heart breaking chapter in the end. The loss of Cordelia and Angel's sadness so very consuming.