Reviews for Winter Fire
Wordspin chapter 15 . 4/8/2018
You may probably not be active on this site anymore and never read this review, but still... This is such a beautiful story. The imagery is so vivid, and to have a girl drop into Middle-earth and meet Faramir and his company instead of Elves is rather refreshing.

I do love how you had Tolkien be a time-traveller and wander in Middle-earth, writing down the History when he returned to England for all to read - a very fitting "interpretation" of those lines in the foreword in LotR. It was also very nice to witness Gandalf being so fond of the Professor.

Furthermore, it is wonderful to come across a GiMe story in which the lead character doesn't alter any major events, and viewing familiar scenes through a new perspective was done well. I liked how minor characters like the Herb-Master at the Houses and Ioreth were fleshed out as they were, and how the feelings of characters like Pippin and Frodo were expanded on - namely their homesickness and their fears.

This tale highlighted perfectly how mutual danger and shared experiences can form strong bonds between even strangers, as happened with Noerwen and Damrod. I rather liked the way Noerwen fit into Middle-earth so quickly and seamlessly, and I very much like the fact that you chose to flesh out a minor canon character like Damrod.

The tale felt succinct in a most perfect way, unburdened by unnecessary details, and Sabrina's pain at being wrenched from Middle-earth at last was quite keen and affecting. The happy ending was most wonderful, quite like the catharsis at the end of an ancient Greek drama.
Curious Reviewer Account chapter 15 . 7/7/2014
I have no words for this one. It was straight up the most beautiful story I've ever read about love.
TMI Fairy chapter 15 . 12/10/2013
A pleasant read, although I was totally confused by the switching between OTL and ME.
Borys
intoxicatedasphyxiation chapter 15 . 1/15/2013
Beautiful.
SarannWrapp chapter 15 . 12/19/2012
Thank you for sharing such a wonderful and compelling story. Bless you.
Udumuhv chapter 15 . 8/7/2012
One of the most unique fanfictions I've read here. Very enjoyable!:)
*goes to find the next parts*
Glory Bee chapter 15 . 4/5/2012
What an amazing story and the ending had me in tears. A beautiful Scripture found in a most unexpected place. :) My late husband's name was Anselm and it is not a common name so I was surprised to see it pop up here. :)
cutemara chapter 15 . 7/29/2010
Wow! Definitely one of the better OC in Middle Earth stories that I've read! Thank you for sharing!
LizzyViolet chapter 15 . 3/20/2010
Your story is truely a diamond in the rough, it's so hard to find a decent story, let alone a romance that has not been done to death a thousand times. A pleasure to read, for sure, I even felt emotional at times.
Tia chapter 15 . 8/21/2009
Wow... Just, wow...

Winter Fire must be one of the best stories I've ever read on this site. Simply brilliant, amazing... Couldn't stop reading it until there was nothing left to read.

Good job!
Muche Girl chapter 15 . 8/21/2008
My Sweetest Lord, I thought that after "Only Eyes To See" from ChristineX, one of your fanficsisters (ffs), I was never ever going to love another LOTR fan fiction again.

What a story, love, what a story! It has the best ending in human history and the characters, waw, they are so full of life and soul!

It's a shame I can not speak or write English better because if not I would compose you a letter explaining how much I love your ff story.

I only want to tell you that from today I will follow each one of your stories, you are my hero!

Kisses.
Meileani chapter 15 . 6/4/2008
That was purely one of the loveliest fanfics I've ever read. Just beautiful, pitch-perfect and right, and somehow managing to bring all of the best things about loving a work of fiction out into open view. Well done.
WintherRose chapter 1 . 5/15/2008
This has to be the most moving fanfic I've ever read. It's just amazing, i loved the beginning, it's so different from everything else written.

I'm glad of the second epilogue, it gave a nice closure to the story.

Damrod and Noerwen suits one another, and it's nice for once that the girl who's sucked in to ME, isn't ending up with Legolas, Haldir and what have you.

And to my complete joy, you've made short ficlets yay! I really hope you'll make more of those.

/WintherRose
MiniFruitbat chapter 1 . 4/26/2008
This is a very interesting start to a story. I generally shy away from longer tales, but I'm going to stick to it! Your writing is very polished.
DetectiveMarlowe chapter 15 . 11/4/2007
I Love this story! I will agree with others that the second epilouge was very helpful and it cealred up a lot of things.
59 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »