Reviews for Finding Home: The Story of a Guardian Fish
Ah! Great story! I really love it! Loved all the detail you put into it!
A chapter 12 . 5/22/2012
this. was. AMAZING! I couldnt stop reading! the story was so creative. how can you come up with all those awesome ideas? I loved all the cliffhangers, all the scenes, and the disclaimer was the best, most intresting disclaimer i ever read!great job!

not only that, but these were the best, "original characters" most O.C.s are either boring or annoying, but these were so intresting! mr. skimmer was a good character, and I loved hearing about all the nasty things gills siblings did! ofcourse, all your o.c.s are amazing, but theres too many to write down!

Gill was a epic character. the fact that it was all in his perspective really made the story. Hes just the kind of character that is just awesome to hear about! you made all the other characters really good, too.

the setting was really good! finnally it wasnt humanized! AND it wasnt an ocean identical to our lives! it is really rare for a story like that to pop up.

i would rate this book from a scale of1-10, an ll I LOVED IT!
Fastern chapter 12 . 3/15/2012
...I really thought I was going to like this story, I really did. This is one of my favourite movies and Gil is my favourite character in my favourite movie. You're a good writer and this had the potential to be really great.

But it wasn't great. The numerous errors in the continually - starting with how Gil got his torn fin, and going on through the dentist's name, and so on and so forth - drove me batshit insane, to the point where it was impossible to enjoy the story. It's like you created your own little bubble and skipped entire portions of the movie.

You also made me dislike Gil, for reasons I can hardly explain. There was just something about him that was really unlikable.

And fish can't have "asthma". I don't care if it's technically not "asthma". It didn't happen in the movie and it just didn't make sense for Gil to have some sort of disability.

And the part where he just left the tank gang to their own devices? Probably his lowest point. He's smart enough to realize that those fish are tank bred and unless there's someone around who has experience in the ocean (and no, Jacques doesn't count), they won't survive one day without getting eaten by a predator. In my head, they're dead because of Gil's decision to leave them. And here he was, supposedly having learned a lesson about selflessness. Nice going, Gil.

So, did I like this story?

I'm sorry, but not in the least. It was silly and poorly thought out.
bookworm chapter 12 . 3/5/2011
This is beautiful. You really got inside his head and made him real. Don't worry about the mistakes-storytelling is telling the truth, and if you gotta bend reality a little in order to do it, do it.
SYDNEY chapter 1 . 2/18/2011
finding home: the story of a guardian fish

mr skimmer, stroke, niches chang tanachi maisey and rosie all

belong to me gill nemo the tank gang and all other characters with

names not mentioned above belong to disney/pixar
sydney chapter 1 . 2/18/2011
finding home
sydney chapter 1 . 2/11/2011
gill
penamegeneric chapter 12 . 12/17/2009
I really enjoyed reading this story, you had me mesmerized and I read it in one sitting. I like how you pictured Gill, he really fits as the "professional thinker" or how you wrote it. To sum it up, you, and this story, are Awesome, with a big A. :)
zara2148 chapter 12 . 11/26/2009
Awesome. This entire story, like Gill, is awesomeness distilled.
Claire chapter 9 . 9/11/2008
Ah yes..one look at the story's chapter list and I remembered why I'd liked it when I first read it..this chapter (the Zebraglo bit) was one of my favorite parts. :] Kay I'm done!
Claire chapter 1 . 9/11/2008
Hoozah for years-late comments! xD Anyway, you said you were aware of the mixed-up facts regarding Cichlids, Bannerfish, etc., so I won't remark on that stuff. Because other than factual errors, it was quite nice! I think I was a little confused with this one sometimes, or thought that parts of it were inaccurate/unresearched/illogical or didn't make sense or zipped about too much, but that other pieces were good, imaginative and creative. I jotted down certain notes that were examples of this-such as the asthma, the Bubbles escape with the tree, and "Houdini Fish." Pufferball may have been the best part! That stuff was terrific. *pictures Bloat being stamped with "OWNED" in big red letters and Gurgle saying, "YOU JUST GOT SERVED!"* XDD -ahem- Moving on..

So, yeah, I did see a lot of inaccuracies and such, but especially at this point, who cares! I'd rather compliment things I remember were good than criticize whatever it was that made me go, "Huh?" I don't even understand many of my notes on this long story anymore, hehe..something about an angelfish, drains leading to the ocean, and the name Phil. Hmm. Whatever! Another interesting bit was Gill's naming of his friends. Yours wasn't exactly my take on the gang, but twas very interesting. :) I have always wondered how they got their names & if they all have tribal names like 'Sharkbait' or what.. Really, each one's name is suitable and appropriate, but it'd be good to know if they were simply named by their parents or what. OK, back to my comments now!

I did like how Gill got his name. I liked all the cuteness and the madness that you had in there. ("Be as gross as possible"...lol. No problem for Bloat! xD) I also liked some of your nice added words and dialogue. Bloat was pretty cool here (though rude, hehe)-I just didn't see him being faster than Gill. At least that's what I have written here. Sorry if that isn't right. (And in case you're not aware of Jacques' actual origin, here it is: He was given as a gift from the President of France to the Prime Minister of Australia, who in turn gave him to his dentist!)

Oh, the final escape and subsequent split-up of the gang made me cry, you oughta know. I've always imagined them sticking together in the sea, all for one and one for all. _

And then..oh my, this was SO long! XD You went into the future, I have here, "Zebragle" thing was rather sad and beautiful-sorry for obviously writing this so long after I actually read these things. :/ But good thing I made some notes, eh? The ghosts of the past, the deleted scene-also great. It was also pretty cute meeting Marlin and Dory. (See, all of this kind of post-movie stuff is what I desperately want to see in a sequel! This movie drives me nuts! And I'm a tropical fish fanatic with serious crushes on a few of the voice actors so that only amplifies my adoration!) AHEM. Yeah.

What else? You had a very interesting take on a number of things, very interesting indeed. I particularly liked Dory meeting Peach. And "Uncle Gill." But the lack of Tank Gang once again caused me to sob just thinking about it. x3 And then, finally, having the little initiation ceremony thing for the schoolfry..ha ha. Pretty cute idea too. All right, I WILL shut up now. .~ Promise!
bsc9999 chapter 12 . 7/21/2008
this is such a sweet story, and very well-written. me likes.
Ornitho Kalyko chapter 12 . 7/17/2007
Such a beautiful story and so well-written! Awesome job!
FlameWizard chapter 12 . 3/28/2007
this is one of the BEST Gill fanfics i have ever read! you did a great job writing in his POV. and who cares if you didnt know the geography at first or still do...(too interested in the story to read your author notes in the beginning) Loved it! You are an awesome writer!
dochar ar bith ann chapter 12 . 11/12/2006
nice! A lil cheesy at times; Gill seems like far too much of a badass to be enjoying children's books, but still. Very well written and heartfelt. Good work!