Reviews for Frodos Dremes
Guest chapter 6 . 12/17/2019
Ew ew ew ew EW! Sorry, I know you’re an amazingly talented writer and your stories are more amazing than mine will ever be, but EW!
Ok, now that that’s out of my system:
This collection is absolutely beautiful. I like how the first dream gives insight into Frodo’s thoughts in a more subtle way than many people who tackle the same task. I also like the everything’s-perfect-but-something-is-a-little-off vibe in this one. The second dream is a nice little foreshadowing bit that expands upon the hints Tolkien gave us about Frodo’s foresight (and you actually had that dream? Weird!). The third dream is probably my favorite— powerful, deep, a little dark, and absolutely awesome. Both Frodo and Smeagol’s thoughts are portrayed perfectly, and you did an excellent job of getting into their minds and explaining their actions.
I’m not even going to talk about the fourth dream. Perfectly written, but I might have nightmares.
Anywho, the fifth dream is a nice little coda to this collection, with Frodo’s passage to the Undying Lands being to coda to the trilogy. You finally gave Frodo a happy dream for a change XD. All this to say, this is an amazing price of writing. I love all the dreams in the collection, even (grudgingly) the fourth one. Keep up the good work!
Elvish Hobbit chapter 6 . 9/28/2015
Hello, Gentle Hobbit! I have just finished reading this vignet of yours, and it was truly a brilliant journey. Dark, creepy, and beautiful. Few things were sad but still intriguing nonetheless. I'm glad I came across this fic. :)
Eruthiawen Luin chapter 6 . 8/28/2014
I just made this into a movie in my head, so great and horrific and beautiful. The way this was written gave me a detailed image of what everything was. I pictured, when Frodo fell on his knees because the waterfall was so loud, the sound being somewhat akin to a loud and creepy static. It was awesome for me to imagine and really got me into thinking. All 5 dreams were wonderfully written.
Anonymized Artichoke chapter 6 . 8/4/2004
Very beautiful. I skipped the last two since I don't read R rated fics, but I thouroughly enjoyed this chapter.
Anonymized Artichoke chapter 3 . 8/4/2004
This is absolutely inspired. Your stories have been on my favorites list for some time, but I now feel compelled to add you to my fav authors.
Mariole chapter 6 . 4/22/2004
Beautiful. I have thoroughly enjoyed your sensitive and imaginative exploration into Frodo's dreams. Thank you so much for sharing this!
Ami chapter 6 . 4/6/2004
Beautifully done! I'm sorry to see this series end. It has, however ended on such a heartwarming and gentle note. Frodo will find peace, and that is a comforting thought :).
Ami
Aratlithiel1 chapter 6 . 4/6/2004
You know, it's always made me feel a litte better to know that Frodo was at least able to hae soothing dreams during that time and this just makes it that much nicer. This has been a lovely series.
FrodoSilverlune chapter 6 . 4/4/2004
very cool chapter. you have a descriptive talent, and a great imagination! keep up the good work!
gayalondiel chapter 6 . 4/4/2004
*gasps*
Earendil... how lovely. I've never really considered him in connexion with Frodo, which is really silly, given the Phial and all that. This is very very beautiful, and yet perfect in its simplicity. Like a pearl, if a fic can be like a pearl.
G x
shirebound chapter 6 . 4/4/2004
Oh, thank you so much for giving Frodo such a fantastic, burden-lightening dream! I love that description - - "But the fairest thing of all was a star so bright that Frodo could hardly see the form to which the radiance was bound." Wow.
Wonderful story!
GamgeeFest chapter 6 . 4/4/2004
What a beautiful dream! I always imagined he was dreaming of Galadriel and Lothlorien, but I like this interpretation just as much, if not more. Thanks for ending this on a hopeful note. :)
Mariole chapter 5 . 3/26/2004
Oh, man! What a horrible chapter! I mean, it was wonderful, well-written, but so very despairing! Argh! Poor Frodo! You are truly effective at tapping into his dreams, and taking me along on a journey none of us (especially Frodo) wants to make. Very sad. Very lovely. Well done.
Mariole chapter 4 . 3/26/2004
Holy mackerel, GH! *pant pant pant* I hope you're going to update this fairly soon. Talk about suspense! What a terrific mood, and great dream!
hobbitfeet13 chapter 5 . 3/26/2004
*whimpers hugs blanket* That-that those two chapters were dreams weren't they? Right? Disturbing dreams, not even his sleep does he find rest. For whatever reason, I liked the one with Frodo talking with Smeagol (or is Gollum, though in my belief that he became a type of Gollum in the end and that dream was of him fighting with himself) and hearing the music of the Valar. May his dreams be more peaceful when he arrives there. *pauses* Anyway, you have a rather melancholy muse, don't you...dark matters, a little frightening *coughs slides blanket underneath couch* but mostly sad. Thoughtful though, dreams are the strangest thing of all...