Reviews for Web of Lies: Revelations
bgreenfl chapter 46 . 4/4
Just finished "Dangers in the Past", "Web of Lies", and "Web of Lies: Revelations", in that order. Interesting premise, well written!

I think you need to modify some of your A/N's. WOL and WOLR are now a stand alone series, BUT DITP does make more sense if you read them first!

Also, as far as I can tell, you never wrote a sequel to WOLR.

As to the stories themselves, I thoroughly enjoyed them!

However, my prior review still stands; a fifteen year old continually snuggling and sitting in someone's lap is a bit off-putting. DITP did get a bit repetitive, Harry runs to danger against advice, Harry exhausts his magic, Harry apologizes, Harry cuddles with Dumbledore or Snape, Harry sleeps for several days. Rinse and repeat. The WOL stories were better in that regard.

Chapter length - I make it a rule NOT to read stories until they are marked "complete," so chapter length and delayed postings don't really affect me. Still, I get a bit annoyed with authors that keep apologizing for how they post. You authors are sharing your talents with the rest of us. Do it YOUR way; it's up to the reader to accept that or find another story!

Grammar and language - I've noticed some discrepancies, but seldom have I thought what does THAT mean?! I assume that your beta readers are native English speakers. If not, you may want to add one that is. Your English is a lot better than my Spanish; all I can do in Spanish is swear.

You keep writing, I'll keep reading - but probably not anything over 200,000 words!
Please update chapter 46 . 3/1
You will not continue do you? After all these years...
Guest chapter 14 . 9/17/2020
He is not a teen he is 11
HoneyBear84 chapter 46 . 9/4/2020
Love it
Guest chapter 46 . 7/5/2020
Thank you so much for this amazing piece! I love it so much, its so hard to find a really well written fanfic that has this kind of relationship between harry and dumbledore. Thank youu
13360073-Deleted -Account chapter 46 . 5/9/2020
That was really good.
13360116-Delete-account chapter 46 . 5/3/2020
That was a great story to read.
AmericanMuggleborn chapter 5 . 4/5/2020
Anthony Goldstein is in the Story. Good.
AmericanMuggleborn chapter 4 . 4/5/2020
Is Dumbledore going to let the Weasleys in on the secret?
AmericanMuggleborn chapter 3 . 4/5/2020
I hope the hat doesn't blow Harry's cover. He would be safest in Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff. Because of Malfoy there might be problems in Slytherin. I'll find out where you put him as I read on.
AmericanMuggleborn chapter 1 . 4/5/2020
It seems like there is a moderate change from Web of Lies I as Harry is on the train. He was not going to be on it. What house will he go to? Oh well, read on.
Rileypotter29 chapter 33 . 12/14/2019
lmao this chapter made me want to become a teacher
mumphie chapter 46 . 8/28/2019
I truly enjoyed your story. It was well woven and intriguing. I hope there is a sequel. You have created an interesting niche in the HP world. I like the apprenticeship idea. It should be in more stories!
mumphie chapter 37 . 8/28/2019
Is it wrong to wish he could stay as Alec? - At least if and until he NEEDS to be a Potter for the Wizengamot.
LAB1 chapter 46 . 7/6/2019
A terrific story! I would have never guessed thst English isn't your native language. Sure there are mistakes, but most fanfiction is riddled with them. I find myself easily editing in my head and it can make the reading more interesting as long as the writting isn't juvenile. I found it a little odd with how often they treated Alec like a small child. Constantly putting him on their laps and generally treating him like he was 6. I pull my 5 year olds in my lap to comfort them, but I can't imagine my sensitive 10 year old putting up with that. He will still crawl into my bed after a bad dream to calm down with hugs and he is a very affectionate child. Even my 8 year old will sit next to me for comfort or affection. He'll put his head in my lap so I can lightly scratch his head or back, but long gone are the days where I could pull him into my lap. I can't remember the last time he tried sadly. Maybe Alec, being neglected his whole known life, just needed that basic childish affection. It still seemed so odd thinking of a 15 year old acting that way. So very emotionally stunted. He didn't seem shy, but very abused. His teachers would have picked up on the regression in emotional reactions even after having never met him before I'd have thought.
3,765 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »