Reviews for Farewell, My Son
Elf With Redbull chapter 1 . 5/12/2014
This is a beautiful piece, I've tried to find the art that inspired it, but couldn't keep up your great writing!
Zammy chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
A precious yet sad moment and touching as well. as for this website may I have a link so I may view this inspiration? For you left no website link or adress.
DanaryesIsGoingToBreakTheWheel chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
A great story. Very well written.
lya chapter 1 . 1/31/2007
wow! so sad, so beautiful... really wonderful...
Tala chapter 1 . 1/3/2006
Written well, my friend. I enjoyed the flow of consciousness style that this was written in, and the captain's thoughts before being called off to his very end. Quite touching. T'vaj.
Lunarocean chapter 1 . 9/20/2004
Wow, that's incredible, and so sad. I imagine that's what goes through anyone's mind when they have to leave a loved one behind to go to war. I can only imagine the emotion one feels at a time like this.

You have a real talent for writing, and I hope you keep it up :)
Maiden of the BH chapter 1 . 9/17/2004
You're very good at getting at what someone is feeling. It all seems so real and full of emotion. A very good story. Really sad.
Phyllis Nodrey chapter 1 . 7/27/2004
*sniffles*

*hugs my teddy bear very tightly*

*wails*

No Haldir don't go...!

This is really sweet.
eirtae chapter 1 . 1/28/2004
that was really awesome. made me tear
id really love to see the picture that inspired it. can you put a link to it in the story or something
SQallthings chapter 1 . 1/27/2004
*tear* wow. what a beautifully sad piece.
Newmoon chapter 1 . 1/26/2004
This was lovely. I really enjoyed it! You have a very good writing talent.
I don't know if Haldir had children. However, my only critique is that Elves made a point of not bearing children during times of war, so that they wouldn't bring the child into such a ravaged land.
Other than that, this was great!
Puxinette chapter 1 . 1/26/2004
This was absolutely beautiful! The imagery was stunning! It brought tears to my eyes. I was unhappy when Peter Jackson brought Elves to Helm's Deep in the first place (although watching Elves is never time wasted!), but killing Haldir was an unforgivable sin. I was a "book" Lothlorien Elf fan long before T came out, so PJ lost me when he "screwed" the Elves at Helms Deep! (And he didn't endear himself any with his execution of Faramir's character, either, even though the extended version helped explain some of his peculiar actions.)
Back to your writing, though; wonderful, beautiful, and thought-provoking. Very well-written.