Reviews for Biting the Bullet
PsychoIdiotLady chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
A2 here! this is amazing. you captured sanzo perfectly!
Miranda Crystal-Bearer chapter 1 . 2/1/2008
Beautiful and fragmented and twisted and sharp. So very Sanzo. It's hard to catch that lethal intensity of his character. You've done it very well. Very lovely.
missionX chapter 1 . 2/20/2006
Great description!
aditou chapter 1 . 2/13/2006
Wow. That was awesome. You captured Sanzo so well. I really love your narration style.
KarotsaMused chapter 1 . 2/1/2004
OOch. *can't stop salivating* tremendous characterization - this was crafted extremely well. I envy your power over words in the context of metaphorical imagery. I really enjoyed it.
Aki4 chapter 1 . 1/30/2004
hm. why don't you accept anonymous reviews? oh well.
this was a very different piece, which is partly why i liked it. props for creative metaphors; that always helps to keep it fresh. it seems choppy in places, although you can probably pass that off appropriate to sanzo's jumpy mood. i found the relationship between sanzo and his gun to be quite freaky (are those deliberate sexual undertones, or do i just hear "finger licking" and jump to conclusions? anyhow, sanzo's control-freak, paranoid, cynical, bloody violent nature is captured nicely. very interesting, even if i don't know what his adam's apple is doing against a windowsill.
Veszelyite chapter 1 . 1/28/2004
Dark and fatalistic, but very well written. Good use of the gun as a symbol-the reassuring shape of the ammunition, the twitching of the trigger finger, the taste of sweat and gunmetal. IMHO, the ending seemed a little abrupt. Nonetheless, I enjoyed this piece very much. Thank you for sharing it.
UltraM2000 chapter 1 . 1/28/2004
This was a really good piece, full of imagery and a very human rawness bestowed upon Sanzo. I must say I enjoyed it heaps, and I shall fave it _
Nanatsusaya chapter 1 . 1/27/2004
Very gritty and real. Good job!
Nightfall Rising chapter 1 . 1/27/2004
Not a bad read! I found it a little OOC, reading more in places like Gojyo thinking about Sanzo than like Sanzo himself, but a lot of very good imagery, and you captured his paranoia nicely. I think what I like best is the deliberate nature of his emotions-he *chooses* to blame Gojyo for the cigarettes, he *chooses* to see conspiracy among the inn's staff. Because it's simpler. But even though it's easier on everyone, he won't give them the quick death, and if there are reasons for that, he doesn't dwell on them. Now, that was very Sanzo.