Reviews for Ryan needs help
Guest chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
Lots of "," were used, it is quite a good story but needs clearer thought! Good Job
ras0629 chapter 26 . 12/26/2010
mmm *thinking of ryan in a baseball uniform* i really woulda liked to see him try out for the team :)

great story took me a while to read it but it was worth it :D
slimkay chapter 26 . 12/20/2009

This was epic. This fic is like wine. Gets even better with age!

Seriously, this fic was amazing. I am just speechless.. and have a couple of tears running down my face... but wow. what a ride, what a rollercoaster of emotions :)

Cohens1 ROCK!
dcook78 chapter 26 . 8/5/2008
I just found this story last night from a link on your LJ site and loved it. I didn't comment on each chapter, figuring it would be best to do one at the finale. So much to go thru and then to have a nice family in the end. Great, great story. Glad I had a chance to read it.

slinn01 chapter 16 . 8/16/2006
I love all of your stories and just found this one. It's one of your best, I love it! Such good writing, great story arcs, great character development... Great piece!
elfgirl83 chapter 26 . 8/2/2006
that was such an awesome story, it was very well written.
arualms chapter 26 . 1/10/2006
Im a sucker for happy endings, and this was a beautiful happy ending. The fact that not all problems are solved (Marissa, Dawn) makes it very realistic.

I think it is good that they are going to take some time of before proceding with the adoption. After what you put them through, they all could use a break.

I love the descriptive way this chapter was written, in contrast to the dialogue-centric chapters before. Very fitting for an epilogue. The reactions of all three Cohens were very in character, especially Kirsten starting to cry. I really think she would, and the description brought back memories of Kellys amazing performance in "The Ties That Bind".

Ryan deliberately calling her "Mom" made me choke up, as did Suand Kirstens thoughts and motivations was very informative for someone like me, who has not been on the parent side of a Parent-child relationship yet. I think your own experiences are shining through, and it makes the whole story incredibly rich.

The other thing I loved about the story was that it dealt with all the possible consequences of the Oliver-debacle in a way that was far more convincing than what the show did. From the hearing at school to the child service investigation you allow all readers to see what really should have happened.

This was without question one of the best pieces of fiction I have ever read. Thank you for sharing it with us.
arualms chapter 25 . 1/10/2006
That, I did not expect. What agreat twist. The way she deliberately made Ryan mad to see the Cohens reactions was great and the fact that the therapist set her up to it was even better. I am so hapy they both agreed that Ryan has to stay with the Cohens.
arualms chapter 22 . 1/10/2006
The conversation with Mrs. Dawson felt very real, I think the way she questioned Sandy made it obvious that she is really invested in her work, which I hope means that she will be able to understand that Ryan belonges with the Cohens.

The question of wether or not the Cohens are able to controle Ryan (to a certain degree) is an interesting issue that so far, the show had failed to really address. We may sometimes see the boys being punished for something, but the effectivenes of those punishments is never discussed. I liked that Sandy acknowledged that as a 16 year old, Ryan is bound to make mistakes, just as I like that you are writing about him making them. The only time Ryan on the show made some "normal" teenage mistakes and faced "normal" consequences was when he lied about Lindsey and then Seth and both boys got grounded. I often wish the show would allow for more family moments like the ones you are writing, moments in wich the kids act like the teenagers they are and the Cohens act as parents.
arualms chapter 20 . 1/10/2006
I keep switching from understanding where Ryan is coming from to being mad at him for screwing up again. I dont think canon Ryan would cut school, unless it was to "save" someone, but it works very well with the actual 16 year old Ryan you are writing.
arualms chapter 16 . 1/10/2006
Damn. I was afraid that Ryan was going to find out from someone else, and this was probably the worst way it could have happened.

You really show how betrayed he feels and how suddenly the security he had built is crashed. I think it is natural for him to try to protect himself by lashing out, but the "He is just my lawyer" comment must have really hurt Sandy.

At least Luke will make sure Julie doesnt hurt Ryan.

I am afraid that the adoption will not only cause positive feelings in Ryan, especially if his biological parents just sign of their legal rights. I didnt know my biological father at all and it still hurt when he agreed to the adoption, no questions asked. Ryan may have to deal with even more emotional baggage if he wants to come to terms with this.
arualms chapter 15 . 1/10/2006
If the Cohens actually had a talk like that with Ryan every now and then on the show, he would probably feel a lot more secura about his position in the family.

I really enjoyed the conversation with Kirsten. She really listened and understood why Ryan was so upset about what he considered to be her lack of trust. Again, actually listening to Ryan is something I would love the parents to do on the show.

Great chapter, just like all the others.
arualms chapter 13 . 1/9/2006
The talk with the therapist was great. Seems like she will be able to really make Ryan think.

I think that if the Cohens acted like this on the show, Ryan would actually be allowed to act his own age from time to time. Unfortunately, scenes in which the Cohens talk to Ryan about his place in the family are thouroughly missing. Nowadays, we dont seem to get any family-time at all except when Ryan is in trouble somehow. I wish at least some conversations like the ones you are writing would actually take place on the show.

I love that the Cohens are thinking about adopting him. On the show, they keep throwing around different terms and we never really know just what Ryans legal status is.
arualms chapter 11 . 1/9/2006
Damn, havent they been through enough yet? Kidding, I love that you are showing all the consequences that Ryans actions should have had. I am so glad that Sandy and Kirsten are prepared to fight for Ryan.

Once more, you create a dilemma in which all the characters points of views are understandable: Kirstens need to keep Ryan out of trouble, Seths wish for Ryan not to get involved with "the jocks" and Ryans need to have some friends otherthan Seth. I love the way you aallow all of them to have a good reason for what they are doing. This kind of conflict is much more interesting to read.
arualms chapter 10 . 1/9/2006
Ok, I think I already made it obviouse that I love this fic. That said, I think the Cohens are making it a bit to easy for themselves if they think that Ryan is the only one who needs help adjusting. Taking in a 16 year old was a huge change for all of them, and I think it would be unrealistic for Ryan to be the only one who is at a loss from time to time.

I also have to say that while I understand where Seth was coming from, I dont think it was very brotherly of him to blame Ryan for getting drunk, especially since he got Ryan into trouble by getting drunk before, and Ryan never said anything.

Still, it works with this story, and I continue to love your stile of writing.