Reviews for Warcraft: Hearts of Ice and Storm
ROFL chapter 1 . 12/12/2009
i know you do comedy but have you ever thought of doing a dark Sylvanas/Arthas?
Rain the Revenant chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
XD This wins the prize. I totally forgot about Director!Archimonde before this! A, this is hilarious. Awesome work!
mirari1 chapter 1 . 9/1/2008
This is brilliant! The Matrix parody was spot on, and I loved the Faceless One sound operator. Everyone was wonderfully in character, which made the humor that much more enjoyable. Great jabs at Blizzard's lorelol, and well-written to boot. Much love for this fic!
Cap'n Chryssalid chapter 1 . 4/23/2008
Oh, that was quite good! The funniest little fic I've read in some time - a month at least. I can't speak for the pairings, of which I have no strong opinions either way (save a warning that anyone hooking up with a Forsaken should watch out for the magical plague STDs they certainly have... also, probably best not to share needles with 'em, you trolls out there); regardless, the contextual jokes, the Matrix scenes, all very fine work. Quite funny!
Weiila chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
This idea is absolutely genious. I don't know if you intended it so, but I kept giggling throughout the entire story because Archimonde's running off with Thrall and Sylvanas' movie-fate reminds me so much about fanfiction parodies (or fanfiction in general) where people get paired with each other more or less randomly. Now I'm a sucker for odd pairings, so no offense to anyone. Thrall/Sylvanas could be really interesting, I think, though I haven't seen it before. But a demon lord calling the shots does remind me of jokes about authors chortling as they write the oddest things.

I laughed out loud several times during reading, you've got a great grasp of how to play these usually serious (unless Blizzard is in THAT kind of mood, of course!) characters in such an absurd situation. It's got a touch of random humor, and yet it isn't quite it - but all kinds of random humor takes a special kind of skill to make silly and not just absurd. You've got that kind of skill :) Lines like Archimonde's "can’t work with them, can’t attract as many obsessive teenagers without them" goes to my collection of great quotes.

Now I know that you wrote this a couple of years ago, so constructive criticism may be a little late coming. Even so, the only things I could think about were some minor things. For one I think you should try to avoid writing numbers like 1, 2, 3 in dialogue and narration, and instead write one, two, three. The numbers are distracting in the middle of strings of letters. Also, the Doomhammer "struck her and broke through her armor" sounds a little odd to me - even if Thrall pounds Maiev to ground beef in the next couple of lines, I think a hammer that size would "crush" rather than "break" whatever it strikes. But that's just a matter of word choice. And then again, it's all about breaking the laws of logic in this one, so maybe you intended it and I should shut up XD

Anyway, great read!
Manga Girl number 6 chapter 1 . 6/1/2006
That man was totally awesome, and hilarious. maybe you could send it to BLIZARD so it could become a mini cinimatic. I most enjoyed the part where through the Ice Crown Glacier Fortress Battle Scene the Kodo Beast trips! LOL! -

well see ya.
SickleYield chapter 1 . 9/14/2005
Beautiful. Just beautiful. You've written a supremely entertaining fanfic-in-a-parody, and I love it. I also love that you took the time to demonstrate functional literacy while writing it, which makes it so much easier to read.

I look forward to reading any more of these you care to write.
Guardian1 chapter 1 . 5/14/2005
"Prepare to be disconnected from , Kael. You’re in for the ride of your life."

Started honestly cracking up out loud at this part and didn't stop until the end. Freakin' hilarious stuff. I needed that laugh and you delivered!
sleeping grunt chapter 1 . 5/7/2004
that was...interesting o.O thrall and sylvnis never saw that coming but i thought it was coolies . can you make another one with TxS or mabye a romance with grom hellscream lol ne who great fic keep going
Silversnow chapter 1 . 4/23/2004
Hehe... I like how you mixed the actual "movie" with the character's gibbering. It was fun, go you! :)
R0gueChimera chapter 1 . 2/17/2004
...WOW.
Now THAT was wierd *shudder* ThrallSylvanys...
Your good.
seriously though, it WAS pretty cool ,but do u have a fettish for long stories or something?
(lol)
ShadowedLight chapter 1 . 2/2/2004
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Good as always! What's next, the Lich King's concert and the invasion of the explosive Sheep? You are the undisputed Warcraft King of Comedy. However, I must point out something about the "stongest being to walk Azeroth" thing.
Sageras the Bronze, the mightiest of Titans, and now fallen demon lord, has indeed tread the soil of Azeroth. According to The Last Guardian, he did battle with Agewyn (I know I spelled it wrong, sue me) in Azeroth itself. He was defeated and then manifest himself inside her unborn child, etc etc etc.
Shockwaves and powerful magic nonwithstanding, I seriously doubt old Lichy is stronger than Sageras.
Let's hear it for the Faceless Ones! It's about time they got more attention. I just love the cardboard sign-holding, sound operating cretins.
"The Blizzard" LOL. Mayhap "The Warcraft" would have been more fitting, but hey, we take what we can get. _ Eagerly awaiting your next work!
OneCrazyMuthaTrucka chapter 1 . 2/1/2004
ROFL! Morpheusidan! Though what parody of a movie were SYl and Thrall filming? Either way, the fic was really funny funny _
J CAE chapter 1 . 2/1/2004
I know I miss out details, and obviously I didn't read under what category this fic is. It didn't cross me as a humour thing as I was reading the first paragraph. But when Archimonde yelled 'CUT' I collapsed laughing...and I was in the law library, where everyone else sitting beside me were law students who were busy typing up their big essays on Microsoft Words. They all shot disapproving glances at me. I tried not to laugh, but the harder I tried, the harder it became to contain my laughter...I ended up giggling like mad.
Rowan, you ruined my self-image.
But other than that, I really really really enjoyed reading this story, and Kael was NAKED in a soulgem. No detailed description? Gr. And yeah, too bad about the kodo beast tripping..._
Ah ha. Though I've never ever considered the possibility of Syl x Thr, I admit it would work. In fact I'm dying to know what's with the WOW horde / forsaken alliance now, thanks to you! (which is a good thing I suppose)...Bravo for the originality _. And of course, the humour.
Queen of the Harpies chapter 1 . 1/30/2004
Yes! You're back with another hilarious Warcraft parody! Of course, I'm sure tons of people have told you how hilarious your stories are..so I suppose I'll skip that part of the review. This is great..I love the idea of "The Blizzard" and the two rival demonlords making seperate movies. You adapted the Warcraft world into the one of the matrix beautifully. Masterfully, even. There are several favorite lines, so I'll just pick the first one that came to my mind: "It was then, in this union of two souls and manifestation of love, that the Lich King killed them both with one, clean swipe of Frostmourne." Beautiful. Truly it is. I can't wait until you write another one!