Reviews for Ocean's Promise
Avalon Estel chapter 1 . 5/16/2005
This is too heartbreakingly sweet. I love little kids, and seeing - or reading about them, rather - as little kids is so cute. I adore the close bond that they share. The fact that they don't really understand what's going on is so sad and poignant that I was almost crying. And the ending... The ending is just too much. You did a wonderful job with it. Don't worry. It's great.
Ginger Ninja chapter 1 . 1/30/2004
Another great short story. I really enjoy your pre-game stuff. You write all the characters very well ) Looking forward to more _ *GN*
Naela chapter 1 . 1/28/2004
This was just a really sad fic, not sad as in pathetic of course, but really... moving. The ending especially when you described how red Sora's eyes were made me want to cry. Kairi and Riku's support of course makes me feel a little happier and I hope that you'll write more pre-game fics like this in the future. Even with this "angst" (I don't quite think it's really angsty when the characters haven't even reached double digit ages) I still find everything have a nice cuteness level.
annjirika chapter 1 . 1/28/2004
AWNESS! How sad cute perfect EVERYTHING! It made me laugh AND it depressed me. Everything a good fanfic should do.
link no miko chapter 1 . 1/28/2004
I love Sora's confidence in Riku's abilities. "I can't get lost. Riku's coming too." That line shows so much of Sora's character and innocence, it's great.
Aww! *feels terrible for Sora* It really is terrible when he's not happy. Oh? The beginnings of his ever-cheerful attitude? He does seem like someone who would smile so no one else would worry, doesn't he?
I liked that he only smiled at the end, though. Sora's smile speaks volumes on it's own.
*huggles* This was so cute, but still with that tone of sadness that the first one had. I think you got the children's attitudes down very well. Poor Sora in denial...
Thanks for the new fic, 'twas very good.
Koorino Megumi chapter 1 . 1/28/2004
So...cute!
That was just adorable. Really made me smile to read. I think it's just fabulous how you can characterize all the characters so well and at the same time characterize young children so well. Changing ages of characters can be a tricky thing to do, after all. I loved the first scene to death, all the small bits of characterization, and Riku and Kairi staying with Sora while he cried. They don't understand death, and yet they seem to see it. I love that.
You're right about the ending seeming a little...I don't know, raw is the word maybe? But it's a hard thing to end, and I do love how it's reminiscent of SoT. And to end with Sora smiling...that's just perfect, you know? It suits him so much better than words.
So yes, adorable adorable fic. This was quite the fun read. I loved it!