Reviews for A Different Life
Guest chapter 23 . 7/23/2012
Most definitely a well-written, touching story. I could have posted reviews on previous chapters, but I prefer to post on the overall piece, rather than post and then have something I say addressed later on in a chapter I had not yet read. That said, I will say that you did a great job on the story line, the character development, the writing of the characters themselves (staying rather true to their 'canon' selves, even with the need to go OOC after a point), and the overall feel of the plot. To an extent, I feel that it bogged down slightly in the middle, but not to any great extent. It flowed well, had all the required insanity for the genre as well as the LH universe, and still held the required seriousness and somberness where needed. Also, with the exception of some places throughout, your grammar and spelling were spot on, although it appears that you may have had the same problem I occasionally run into where words mysteriously disappear when the story is uploaded.

Again, I enjoyed your story, and even with the sadness over the loss of the Urashima's first daughter, I felt that this was a wonderful read, one that I would read over and over again.
Diaz Raynes chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
Okay my review was negative I admit but its not being updated my intention was to point out some mistakes and help you learn from them, just sorry you don't see it that way.

Also I'd give you e-mail but I cannot access my account right now.
Officer Hot-Pants chapter 23 . 3/16/2012
... ... ...wow... ...will you marry me?

Rare enough for someone to actually FINISH a KeiToko fic, but damn if you didn't just blow the competition (Akamatsu included) completely out of the water, fandom-wide. Then drain the ocean, just to rub it in. I'm pretty sure you just ruined the canon story for me. Granted, I've always favored Motoko and Kanako over the rest, but this was just ridiculous-level awesome.

That you captured every last character perfectly is an accomplishment in itself, but that your OCs fit in so flawlessly as amazing. Then there's the ending (pre-epilogue, I mean). Too many go for the "and they all lived perfectly ever-after) ending, no matter how impossible such an ending would be. Fact is, babies generally aren't quite strong enough to survive attempted possession by ancient Hell-spawn. Though it wouldn't have killed the story, that you avoided such an ending multiplied the respect-factor exponentially.

Now, let's see what else you have on offer.
Richy1991 chapter 23 . 1/22/2012
great story
chronodekar chapter 23 . 10/26/2011
This is an incredible story! And I mean, INCREDIBLE.

I liked the beginning, it did get me hooked. Story element aside, your chapters are very coherent author. I think that's what really got me hooked into your story.

I like the MK pairing and this is a believable take on how they might get along, but that's all this story is. A slice-of-life story about KM and their lives in the Inn.

There ARE action scenes in here and taken individually, they are well presented. Taken collectively, well, I get the very strong feeling that the direction of this story has taken a few shifts between the chapters. The beginning hinted that we might eventually see a "sword/fighter Keitaro", but what came of in the end, was sorely disappointing.

That said, I'm not disappointed with how Keitaro turned out.

Let me put this review another way,

The romanticist in me says that this is a very VERY good read.

The action/adventure part of me is very disappointed for the lack of a proper structure. Or rather, we were expecting something more.

Hmm.. that might be what I'm finding annoying about this story. It's a slice-of-life story that pretends to be an action/adventure. Sure, the action was needed, but as in the case of the 2 American guests that stayed at the Inn - was there any real point to them? I'm 80% sure that after a few months/chapters, the author felt like writing a different story and just got rid of them. I don't hold this against the author ... if it were a slice-of-life story.

In conclusion, I think I'll just see this story as a romance/slice-of-life tale. And as far as that goes, it's VERY well written. VERY well written.

For all my ... criticisms, author, I respect you. It can't have been easy writing all these long chapters and the fact that you actually finished it, speaks volumes about your dedication.

I wish I could be as dedicated as that. (-sighs-)

-chronodekar
Ezkutu chapter 23 . 10/13/2011
I freely admit not really liking Love Hina be it manga or anime, but your fic is absolutely incredible. You had me hooked from the first chapter. It took me near a week to read but WOW! I find your characters well developped including your OCs for they seem real life persons. I like how slowly Keitaro's relationship formed itself since in many fics I've read-and it's a pity-the relationships seem rushed. I applaud you for this chef-d'oeuvre and thank you for finishing it. The only thing I regret is Naoko's death but overall it was a very very good story. So once again THANK YOU.
PXgi chapter 23 . 5/26/2011
beautiful simply beautiful. an amazing story line, an amazing plot from both sides of the story, i have too admit i have never read something this long so pasionately in only 3 days, i have too admit the final made me feel so sad after all the trouble too keep the baby save it ends up dying but i am happy about teh epilogue. this is truly an amazing story that i don't think i will ever forget, quit simply because it has grabbed me and it won't let me go thanks too the sheer emotion that this piece of art carries. you have my eternal gratitude and my deepest respect for creating such a piece of art.

thanks for a incredibal read TSB
KeitaroMokoto 4 ever Of The Dark Icon Writers chapter 23 . 4/16/2011
Wow, It's been a really long time since I have read this story. This is truly an amazing story. As many people have probably said this before. Your are still not given enough praise and credit for this amazing story. As I re-read this story I loved every second of it. Every chapter, every page just boggles my mind. The way you wrote this story just make me so happy. I had many laughs and many heartfelt moments in this story. It's also given my a lot of hope for life. As with this story you kind always find something really special no matter whats happens with your life. Though I still hate the ending. I still felt the same way I did when I first read the ending. But that because you are such a great writer and you were able to put the story in so you could connect with your characters and how the developed. So you could feel their pain as well. I just wish you would have changed the story a slight bit where little girl was lost. and maybe have had a few hundred more chapters. but that is just me I just longed for more of this story but it very fulfilling indeed. Thank you again so much for this story it was an honor to read it and I will continue to enjoy re-reading as the years go by. Thanks again.

~KM~
carlos13 chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
god job
Nightstone49 chapter 23 . 10/31/2010
I understand that it was some time ago that you wrote this but I felt that after diving into the world you created that I couldn't simply leave this story without sending you my thanks.

So thank you for a wonderfully told story. Yes it was not perfect, but then again, not everything needs to be for it to be enjoyed. The tale held me captive (willingly) and that is what I care about.

You held me, the reader, captivated by the way you wove the story. It was believable. It had a feel about it. A feel I seldom find these days. (Good fanfics seem to be harder and harder to find...)

And so, I wish you well in any current and future writing you are to see to. And I hope that one day, I too can lay claim to such impressive work.

I
CodelyokoFan23 chapter 21 . 6/22/2010
awsome job
CodelyokoFan23 chapter 16 . 6/21/2010
will there be a sequel and excelent job
CodelyokoFan23 chapter 13 . 6/21/2010
awsome job
tatewaki2000 chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
Hm...
SecondSeraphim chapter 23 . 12/11/2009
Great, great story. So glad I found it.
505 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »