Reviews for A Different Life
chronodekar chapter 23 . 10/26/2011
This is an incredible story! And I mean, INCREDIBLE.

I liked the beginning, it did get me hooked. Story element aside, your chapters are very coherent author. I think that's what really got me hooked into your story.

I like the MK pairing and this is a believable take on how they might get along, but that's all this story is. A slice-of-life story about KM and their lives in the Inn.

There ARE action scenes in here and taken individually, they are well presented. Taken collectively, well, I get the very strong feeling that the direction of this story has taken a few shifts between the chapters. The beginning hinted that we might eventually see a "sword/fighter Keitaro", but what came of in the end, was sorely disappointing.

That said, I'm not disappointed with how Keitaro turned out.

Let me put this review another way,

The romanticist in me says that this is a very VERY good read.

The action/adventure part of me is very disappointed for the lack of a proper structure. Or rather, we were expecting something more.

Hmm.. that might be what I'm finding annoying about this story. It's a slice-of-life story that pretends to be an action/adventure. Sure, the action was needed, but as in the case of the 2 American guests that stayed at the Inn - was there any real point to them? I'm 80% sure that after a few months/chapters, the author felt like writing a different story and just got rid of them. I don't hold this against the author ... if it were a slice-of-life story.

In conclusion, I think I'll just see this story as a romance/slice-of-life tale. And as far as that goes, it's VERY well written. VERY well written.

For all my ... criticisms, author, I respect you. It can't have been easy writing all these long chapters and the fact that you actually finished it, speaks volumes about your dedication.

I wish I could be as dedicated as that. (-sighs-)

Ezkutu chapter 23 . 10/13/2011
I freely admit not really liking Love Hina be it manga or anime, but your fic is absolutely incredible. You had me hooked from the first chapter. It took me near a week to read but WOW! I find your characters well developped including your OCs for they seem real life persons. I like how slowly Keitaro's relationship formed itself since in many fics I've read-and it's a pity-the relationships seem rushed. I applaud you for this chef-d'oeuvre and thank you for finishing it. The only thing I regret is Naoko's death but overall it was a very very good story. So once again THANK YOU.
PXgi chapter 23 . 5/26/2011
beautiful simply beautiful. an amazing story line, an amazing plot from both sides of the story, i have too admit i have never read something this long so pasionately in only 3 days, i have too admit the final made me feel so sad after all the trouble too keep the baby save it ends up dying but i am happy about teh epilogue. this is truly an amazing story that i don't think i will ever forget, quit simply because it has grabbed me and it won't let me go thanks too the sheer emotion that this piece of art carries. you have my eternal gratitude and my deepest respect for creating such a piece of art.

thanks for a incredibal read TSB
KeitaroMokoto 4 ever Of The Dark Icon Writers chapter 23 . 4/16/2011
Wow, It's been a really long time since I have read this story. This is truly an amazing story. As many people have probably said this before. Your are still not given enough praise and credit for this amazing story. As I re-read this story I loved every second of it. Every chapter, every page just boggles my mind. The way you wrote this story just make me so happy. I had many laughs and many heartfelt moments in this story. It's also given my a lot of hope for life. As with this story you kind always find something really special no matter whats happens with your life. Though I still hate the ending. I still felt the same way I did when I first read the ending. But that because you are such a great writer and you were able to put the story in so you could connect with your characters and how the developed. So you could feel their pain as well. I just wish you would have changed the story a slight bit where little girl was lost. and maybe have had a few hundred more chapters. but that is just me I just longed for more of this story but it very fulfilling indeed. Thank you again so much for this story it was an honor to read it and I will continue to enjoy re-reading as the years go by. Thanks again.

carlos13 chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
god job
Nightstone49 chapter 23 . 10/31/2010
I understand that it was some time ago that you wrote this but I felt that after diving into the world you created that I couldn't simply leave this story without sending you my thanks.

So thank you for a wonderfully told story. Yes it was not perfect, but then again, not everything needs to be for it to be enjoyed. The tale held me captive (willingly) and that is what I care about.

You held me, the reader, captivated by the way you wove the story. It was believable. It had a feel about it. A feel I seldom find these days. (Good fanfics seem to be harder and harder to find...)

And so, I wish you well in any current and future writing you are to see to. And I hope that one day, I too can lay claim to such impressive work.

CodelyokoFan23 chapter 21 . 6/22/2010
awsome job
CodelyokoFan23 chapter 16 . 6/21/2010
will there be a sequel and excelent job
CodelyokoFan23 chapter 13 . 6/21/2010
awsome job
tatewaki2000 chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
SecondSeraphim chapter 23 . 12/11/2009
Great, great story. So glad I found it.
warsaw2 chapter 3 . 11/28/2009
A good fic, but my biggest problem with it is the excessive use of Japanese. The honorifics are pretty much a necessary part of writing anime fanfiction and enrich the story but other japanese should be used sparingly.
The Universal Storyteller chapter 23 . 11/25/2009
This was generally a rather well-written story here. At least for the most part here, if not entirely, anyway. Granted, you had a fairly good-sized number of perhaps inevitable spelling and grammar errors, most likely. And perhaps you were even at least a little bit, if not rather, heavy at various times here with certain rather strong language in this story.

But you still did generally seem to pace this particular story of yours rather well. And you also seemed to have a relatively good grasp on many things of a particularly canonical nature, at least in terms of the Love Hina Universe, if not other story universes as well. Not to mention that you didn't actually seem to have a lot of OOC moments for many, if not most, of the more canonical characters in this story, even given that this story was quite AU in many respects, if memory serves me correctly enough here. I could generally see the more canonical characters behaving as you typically presented them here, in fact, CEB.

It is perhaps rather unfortunate, I suppose, that you have now decided to retire from full-length fan fiction writing. But if you don't actually happen to somehow, sufficiently enough, feel the need to ever write such stories again, so be it. Far be it for me to try to convince you to do so again, then. Although I wouldn't actually mind you ever writing another major story, if you ever change your mind about such things, in any available category here on this site, I'm quite sure. Supposing the mood ever somehow struck you to do so, of course.

The life of a writer is not always an easy one, and inspiration to write can often be rather hard to find, Especially when life doesn't always go as one might often expect it to go for certain people in this world of ours. If your passion to write fairly long stories has now flown the coop, so to speak, it might not always return quite as strongly as it once used to beat in one's heart and mind. Sometimes, it does return, and sometimes it doesn't, though.

In your particular case, it currently seems to have faded, possibly never to return as strongly as it once was. Then again, life does not always prove to remain just as one might normally expect it to. And you could eventually find that your passion to write will, somehow, rather unexpectedly return just when and just how you might then least expect it to in your life. If it ever somehow returns, however, like it actually seemed to glow here quite often in this fan fiction piece of yours here, I'm quite sure that I'd be quite interested to see what might then arise from your apparently rather fertile mind, CEB. Especially if it somehow pertains to any or all of the various fandoms I'm currently quite interested in here on this site, in fact.

Again, I say that, at least for the most part, except for the potential problems with this particular story that I mentioned above, this story was a rather good one. Although I generally do try to avoid any number of stories with a good deal of certain potentially objectionable content, at least in terms of adding them to my author and/or story alerts, to my favorites list, and/or to my community, I honestly do think I'll still make a somewhat rare exception here, and add this story to at least my favorites, if not also to my very own C2 community here and/or to my alerts, as well, just the same. Please let me know if you ever find the passion to write good-sized works here, if you so choose, then. Preferably privately, if you please, okay? In the meantime, I really do hope that your life goes quite well for you in the future, no matter what the case might actually prove to be for you in your own mortal life, in any way whatsoever, for sure. Even if you never actually do somehow decide to post any other story or any other chapter to any of your currently-posted stories here ever again on this site. From one writer to another, I bid you a pleasant life, God willing, and may we eventually meet in some quite pleasant place on this site, if at all possible, by the way. TUS out.
MotokoUrashima chapter 23 . 10/27/2009
...An Epic Tale... um... let's be honest here, this took around a week to read and I've got a splitting headache from my ancient CRT so let's try and keep this one short, shall we?

This is the not first time I've heard the idea of Motoko & Keitaro in an arranged marriage, however, most involve the battle with Tsuroko as a main point.. This is a welcome break from that.

An enemy is generally best when loved to be hated, as the turtle clan is in this instance reminds me of Gauron in Full Metal Panic. The type of enemy that is resourceful, cunning, places you in the shoes of the protagonists by hating it and yet you spend the entire time going "Why aren't you dead yet?"

The little tidbit a few chapters back about the Aoyama ground being seized by the government seems more like the sleaze-balled thing American politicians would do, rather then that of, say Japan, and such douchebaggery shall never seize my grounds...

um.. this is probably the second fanfic I would consider printing a hardcopy of, however I think I might run out of ink if I tried... If that is a bad thing or not I have trouble deciding, but I will probably see what I can do.

you also now have my longest review on record, breaking last week's... so much for keeping it short... guess you deserve that much, eh?

I'll probably go through your profile to see what other gems you have to offer...
0208 chapter 23 . 7/17/2009
Nice story realy heart tuching and some biter sweet chapters but story in whole is great and wonderfull i'm glad i found it now otherwise i woud have been inpacient to read next chapter.

I finished reading all chapters in 3 days and average is 1h for chapter reading was for me.

Will havve to check out other your works after reading this one.
501 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »