Reviews for A Different Life
warsaw2 chapter 3 . 11/28/2009
A good fic, but my biggest problem with it is the excessive use of Japanese. The honorifics are pretty much a necessary part of writing anime fanfiction and enrich the story but other japanese should be used sparingly.
The Universal Storyteller chapter 23 . 11/25/2009
This was generally a rather well-written story here. At least for the most part here, if not entirely, anyway. Granted, you had a fairly good-sized number of perhaps inevitable spelling and grammar errors, most likely. And perhaps you were even at least a little bit, if not rather, heavy at various times here with certain rather strong language in this story.

But you still did generally seem to pace this particular story of yours rather well. And you also seemed to have a relatively good grasp on many things of a particularly canonical nature, at least in terms of the Love Hina Universe, if not other story universes as well. Not to mention that you didn't actually seem to have a lot of OOC moments for many, if not most, of the more canonical characters in this story, even given that this story was quite AU in many respects, if memory serves me correctly enough here. I could generally see the more canonical characters behaving as you typically presented them here, in fact, CEB.

It is perhaps rather unfortunate, I suppose, that you have now decided to retire from full-length fan fiction writing. But if you don't actually happen to somehow, sufficiently enough, feel the need to ever write such stories again, so be it. Far be it for me to try to convince you to do so again, then. Although I wouldn't actually mind you ever writing another major story, if you ever change your mind about such things, in any available category here on this site, I'm quite sure. Supposing the mood ever somehow struck you to do so, of course.

The life of a writer is not always an easy one, and inspiration to write can often be rather hard to find, Especially when life doesn't always go as one might often expect it to go for certain people in this world of ours. If your passion to write fairly long stories has now flown the coop, so to speak, it might not always return quite as strongly as it once used to beat in one's heart and mind. Sometimes, it does return, and sometimes it doesn't, though.

In your particular case, it currently seems to have faded, possibly never to return as strongly as it once was. Then again, life does not always prove to remain just as one might normally expect it to. And you could eventually find that your passion to write will, somehow, rather unexpectedly return just when and just how you might then least expect it to in your life. If it ever somehow returns, however, like it actually seemed to glow here quite often in this fan fiction piece of yours here, I'm quite sure that I'd be quite interested to see what might then arise from your apparently rather fertile mind, CEB. Especially if it somehow pertains to any or all of the various fandoms I'm currently quite interested in here on this site, in fact.

Again, I say that, at least for the most part, except for the potential problems with this particular story that I mentioned above, this story was a rather good one. Although I generally do try to avoid any number of stories with a good deal of certain potentially objectionable content, at least in terms of adding them to my author and/or story alerts, to my favorites list, and/or to my community, I honestly do think I'll still make a somewhat rare exception here, and add this story to at least my favorites, if not also to my very own C2 community here and/or to my alerts, as well, just the same. Please let me know if you ever find the passion to write good-sized works here, if you so choose, then. Preferably privately, if you please, okay? In the meantime, I really do hope that your life goes quite well for you in the future, no matter what the case might actually prove to be for you in your own mortal life, in any way whatsoever, for sure. Even if you never actually do somehow decide to post any other story or any other chapter to any of your currently-posted stories here ever again on this site. From one writer to another, I bid you a pleasant life, God willing, and may we eventually meet in some quite pleasant place on this site, if at all possible, by the way. TUS out.
MotokoUrashima chapter 23 . 10/27/2009
...An Epic Tale... um... let's be honest here, this took around a week to read and I've got a splitting headache from my ancient CRT so let's try and keep this one short, shall we?

This is the not first time I've heard the idea of Motoko & Keitaro in an arranged marriage, however, most involve the battle with Tsuroko as a main point.. This is a welcome break from that.

An enemy is generally best when loved to be hated, as the turtle clan is in this instance reminds me of Gauron in Full Metal Panic. The type of enemy that is resourceful, cunning, places you in the shoes of the protagonists by hating it and yet you spend the entire time going "Why aren't you dead yet?"

The little tidbit a few chapters back about the Aoyama ground being seized by the government seems more like the sleaze-balled thing American politicians would do, rather then that of, say Japan, and such douchebaggery shall never seize my grounds...

um.. this is probably the second fanfic I would consider printing a hardcopy of, however I think I might run out of ink if I tried... If that is a bad thing or not I have trouble deciding, but I will probably see what I can do.

you also now have my longest review on record, breaking last week's... so much for keeping it short... guess you deserve that much, eh?

I'll probably go through your profile to see what other gems you have to offer...
0208 chapter 23 . 7/17/2009
Nice story realy heart tuching and some biter sweet chapters but story in whole is great and wonderfull i'm glad i found it now otherwise i woud have been inpacient to read next chapter.

I finished reading all chapters in 3 days and average is 1h for chapter reading was for me.

Will havve to check out other your works after reading this one.
LinvingandLearning91 chapter 5 . 7/16/2009
woohoo! best one soo far! loving the entire story..pure genius..
LinvingandLearning91 chapter 2 . 7/15/2009
Loved this chapter! Was just as good as the first! if not better! Hopefully i can enjoy this fan fic through the rest of my summer! gonna continue reading and reviewing..lol
LinvingandLearning91 chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
Wow! that was simply amazing! I mean i may have been bored looking for some fan fics to read, but this was just a great find! and this was just the first chapter! Gonna read some more, hope it's even half as good as this chapter
bryant18 chapter 17 . 3/10/2009
AWESOME
bryant18 chapter 16 . 3/10/2009
you finally had the balls to make that happen between motoko and keitaro bravo
bryant18 chapter 15 . 3/10/2009
my butt almost every chapter so far you have done a cliff hanger XD
bryant18 chapter 9 . 3/8/2009
why does it have to be the longest chapter now and not at the end?
bryant18 chapter 5 . 3/7/2009
gir the chapters keep getting longer dam
bryant18 chapter 4 . 3/7/2009
this is a good story but the chapters are so damd long that they make me want to cry T_T
bryant18 chapter 2 . 3/7/2009
RAR awesomeness
meringun chapter 8 . 2/2/2009
this was an awesome chapter. hehe, i loved the scened between keitaro and mokoto. I can't wait to finish this story.
505 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »