Reviews for The Artist
whoknowsyourfuture chapter 3 . 9/30/2013
I. Freaking. LOVE YOU! The 'every story written has its own universe has been my pet theory/wish for a while now, and I haven't come across anyone else who even considered it! 'cries happy anime tears' BTW, love your writing, especially 'The Stag and the Dragon'. Read a few HP SW crossovers before, but really none that can compare.
FF Fanatic chapter 3 . 5/30/2013

Well, this is amazing.

WolfsTrinity chapter 3 . 11/28/2012
This is . . . touching, truly. I feel almost as if to use large words would sully it, but it . . . radiates sincerity, in a way that penetrates straight to the heart. I regret that I have to talk about myself to explain it properly, but so it be. The themes in this story are very similar to concepts that I'm developing for my own works, which are thus:

At the core of all things are three energies. Magic, the Arcane power of the Gods . . . has no real equivalent here, as your interpretation of the Force seems dissimilar from it. However, your Nothing bears a remarkable resemblance to my Void. Void, Vak, the energy present in nothingness and the space between dimensions, is more and less potent than your Nothing. Less, in that it can sometimes coexist with the others, more in that it has more presence to it, a Negativity that taints all around it in ways that your concept of Nothing only seems to touch on.

What I find most astounding, though, is how much I see of my final energy in this. Base, a power below and beyond all things, untouchable but touching everything, existing always and always to exist, its scope and reach below and beyond the ability for Language to truly name. It is emotion, empathy, willpower, those few forces which are truly eternal. Base is Primal, lower and older than the lowest and oldest, but more powerful than all else.

It seems to me that Devon's sketching ability could very well be a Base Power. It overrides and bypasses the Nothing without effort, without reason. It works, as I see it, because he -wants- it to, and that is, really, what drives my idea of Base Power. Your interpretation of the Force and, now that I think about it, The Force itself, also draw near to Base, but doesn't quite fit. There is too much Arcane to The Force to call it Base, though it is close.

Anyway, that little tangent finished, this is also one of the few stories that I have read on this site which I feel is truly too original to fit. There are elements of Star Wars to it, certainly, but they are so light and so . . . generic, really, that they're far from essential to the story. The plot is so good and so much of it is original that I find myself wishing that it was fully so, that the Star Wars parts were replaced with something else, something that you have come up with yourself, because The Artist is something that could -easily- stand up on its own and shine if only given the chance. I'm going to put this on my alert list just in case, but if it -is- anything like my concept of Base, it isn't the kind of story that can be undertaken lightly.
ranma hibiki chapter 3 . 10/3/2012
2 things come to mind from this chapter...all world being connected like Kingdom hearts, but without the silly key
on the other hand, the ultimate evil. the nothingness. . did you watch the first "never ending story" while writing this? 3
could swear that he was defeated in that story, but maybe emperor palpitine found a way to summon/revive the nothingness

keep up the good work!
MuggleCreator chapter 3 . 7/4/2012
Goodness. I loved this. I'd love it to be true...the part about book worlds, anyway.
Krysler chapter 3 . 5/12/2012
This is something that I've imagined so many times happening: characters from my favourite worlds meeting. I love the premise of this, and how Devon isn't a Gary Stu, but an ordinary kid- it make sthe whole fic seem a lot more realistic, even if it's not, if that makes any sense! ;) Thanks for writing!
Zombiegirl197 chapter 3 . 2/29/2012
Dudez! This is awesome! And I bet mah Mac & cheese sandwhich that The Nothing is from The Never Ending Story! AM I RIGHT!

I love your stories! They are imaginative and rightfully spectacular! Whooo! Keep up the good work girl-or boy- you're doing a great job!

Ha! Vader got glomped by Tanya! XD
May Arisa chapter 3 . 2/9/2012
Wow, just wow.

I really hink that all the worlds are connected, and that all those fantasy worlds trule exists somewhere, but you have wrote this incredible story about a lot of them which I love.

saturday101 chapter 3 . 12/28/2011
what's creepy about this chapter is that I was talking to a friend about Eragon moments before reading this chapter...
Avi689 chapter 3 . 8/3/2011
Beautiful! I'm posting a link to this on fb for some of my friends to see.
The Cat Crusader chapter 2 . 8/19/2010
Maybe Yoda could help me with my algebra...
The Cat Crusader chapter 3 . 8/19/2010
I had a smiliar idea when I was younger. I wondered how all my favorite movie and book characters would get along if they all ever happened to meet. Sigh... *gets lost in memories/snaps back* Anyway, this blew my mind. It reminds me sort of about what happened in the movie Never Ending Story (I think that's what it's called). Epicness.

*huggles raptor* Dinosaur.
The Cat Crusader chapter 1 . 8/19/2010
"The stormtrooper he'd been trying to draw looked more like a deformed robot."

That's how mine end up looking too. I just can't get the helmet right. -_-

Yay! Twinkies! XD

Vader? Eating a sandwish? 0.o

Intreging plot. Awesomeness!
Do a Barrel Roll chapter 3 . 7/22/2010
I've read fics similar to this, but none were as detailed or deep. Nicely done, and keep up the fantastic writing.
misamiera chapter 3 . 6/2/2010
WOW. Best crossover fanfic ever. I was stunned... I was cheering when you introduced Harry Potter (even though I'm not an HP fan myself) and smiling the whole last chapter. It is bleak, but I don't think this story could NOT be bleak. Anyway, I've always loved crossovers so much. Thank you for a wonderful read :)