Reviews for The Awakening Power
UnknownReader2001 chapter 31 . 9/7
I already said this once and I'm going to say it say it again. This Version Of Harry Potter Is One Of The Most Stupid Version Of Himself. He's locked up with no information about where he was and his friends are unseen and all he thinks about are his friends are already dead?! And the wizarding world is doomed?! Not even the canon Harry Potter is THAT THICK!
UnknownReader2001 chapter 24 . 9/6
Harry is setting himself up for HUUUUUUUGE HUMILIATION! This version of Harry is one of the most stupid Ive ever read about.
UnknownReader2001 chapter 13 . 9/6
Why in the bloody hell does seekers dont make a good captain?! Are you out of your mind?! Seekers has the best view of the pitch! Not to mention they go around to different points and have a look at diffrent angles, And they dont have much to do as the keeper until they found the snitch! Although I dont have any objections with Ron being the captain, The bit about seekers being a terrible captain is one of the most ridiculous things Ive ever heard about! I mean Angelina became a captain at one point and she's a chaser, which doesnt have much time to look around the pitch to help come up with strategies, And you're telling me that a seekker does not make a good captain because they dont have much view?! This utterly ridiculous!
There is waaaaaaaaay to much focus on parts I find wholly uninteresting in these quantities. If there was at least more of the dumbles library and learning of that magic or similar different elements. instead it's pretty much only hormonal teen romance that are incredibly convoluted if anything.
Marj chapter 34 . 5/31
Thank you for this story. The duels with Dumbledore and then Voldemort were especially well done.
ABrC chapter 34 . 5/13
This story was amazing! Are you going to write a sequel?
Velvethopefics chapter 34 . 3/15
Just came across this story, and yes, I know how old it is and you’re probably no longer paying attention to reviews, but I have to say I really enjoyed it. You made the quidditch exciting, for one thing, and as a writer myself, I stand in awe of that ability, lol It always bores me. Must be why I’ve never tried. (Heh)

It’s weird to read this now, after everything has been said and done with book six and seven. You were actually better than canon at some points (I too was not a fan of the Snape loves Lily plot that alas, became true). I hope wherever you are, you’re still writing! Your story has stood the test of time very well!
Is Ginny the sort that can dish it out but not take it in situations of teasing or competition? Back during their friendly little duel, she became so incensed and determined to win at all cost she threw a super bat bogey. Not funny. Now she's all teasing and cutesy til Harry tosses her in the lake. Pulling him into the lake is expected but then she goes all dominating and has him apologizing and practically begging forgiveness. Having a nasty temper is one thing, aiming it at Harry...constant vigilance!
ProgrammingLogic chapter 34 . 2/26
This was amazing.

Most romance with H/G have it as an extremely minor subplot, and try to fit it in with everything else that's going on. On top of the, the relationship doesn't develop naturally, but it seems in after the course of a single chapter they become best friends for life. However, you made the relationship between them grow with the story and characters. It developed naturally (Honestly better than Rowling did it). That was really enjoyable. On top of that, you made the relationship develop with the story. You can truly see the power of love (hp fandom) when you see how it makes 'normalnot soul-binded) people so much more powerful.

On the other end, when they try to make a 'powerful' Harry, they remove the problem (Voldemort) because it's too easy for Harry go defeat Voldemort. I don't have an issue with Powerful Harry if they do it you, and you did. You made the climax defeating Voldemort. You made Harry grow in power. First Snape, then Dumbedore, and finally, Voldemort. And when Harry reaches his peak, you don't just create another Villain, or up the power of Voldemort. It just is, and that's the end. I really like that.

I liked the creativity with the spells. You made powerful spells (tunneling) that Harry can't use ALL the time and automatically win. And you created a massive amount of spells, resulting in the duels being action packed, intense, and diverse. Much better than Rowling did (expelliomous gets boring, fast).

Also, you didn't hardcore go into the Muggle technology. It makes sense that Wizards wouldn't know how to handle someone with a gun, but that's boring. What's the point of reading fantasy if they shoot each other with guns? But you also considered itthe argument Hermione had with that Ravenclaw boy over morality of killing (I can actually provide you an entire argument why killing isn't just ethical, but needed, at least in terms of war. Lmk if your interested, too much to put here) shows the Muggle world isn't outright ignored. Same thing with Voldemort and inflation near the end. I also like that you have the Ministry be ignorant of muggles, but still have some wizards use Muggle stuff.

Lastly, your grammar and vocabulary were amazing. There are very few stories on here that are written well in terms of above, and it makes me rage. I *cannot* read the story if the grammar sucks. Also, the chapters are the perfect length. I also really liked what you did in the last few chapters by keeping switching perspectives. Gives are large degree of suspense. I also like that you didn't have something happen to Harry, and then have a section of the exact same moment from Ginny's perspective. Instead, you have them do a reflection of that moment. Allows the reader to determine what the character thought, without having to hear stuff they already know.
love4HP chapter 26 . 2/20
Frankly continuously some fanfictions continue to surprise me by raving summaries, brilliant probabilities but big disappointments. N I hate Ginny and her irresponsible anger.
love4HP chapter 20 . 2/20
And Ginny conveniently defeats Harry. Rubbish.
love4HP chapter 9 . 2/20
I suppose I may enjoy this story in later chapters and the story might improve and fasten the pace. But till Chapter 9 it's very slow, full of meaningless dialogues and scenes, simply because too much in quantity. No indication of Harry's powers or how he will train whatsoever. On top of that annoying Rita Skeeter.
Percabeth824 chapter 34 . 1/18
This story was incredible! I started it about 10 1/2 hours ago and I’m very happy with the way it turned out. Was really hoping to see a seventh year story in your profile, but to my disappointment didn’t find one. I love a good Harry/Ginny story and this one was particularly fantastic. So, thank you for writing it, like 15 years ago XD
Sommerlund chapter 34 . 1/1
Read this again. Still great. Wish you would write more.
Hi chapter 26 . 12/3/2020
I think u should have made it so ginny apologies to Harry but he ignores her
2,618 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »