Reviews for Tengu
Jessica Wolfe chapter 5 . 8/15/2014
*sob* Seriously! I guess cliff hangers are what keeps us readers coming back for more. Yay for Daddy Brooklyn! Boo on Kirin for not saying something earlier (though I guess I can understand, what with his past and all).

*runs for the epilogue* Must know what happens next!
Jessica Wolfe chapter 6 . 8/15/2014
Yay! A thoroughly satisfying end to a great story. And I smell more adventures on the horizon for our cute couple. On to the next! :)
Jessica Wolfe chapter 4 . 8/15/2014
Oh my goodness! This opening scene. :D I love it!

Love the tension building, both with the Ishikiri/Wariguri guys and between Ari and Kirin. Great chapter! :)

Concrit:
"It is usually foggy down in the warehouse district – their [proximity might work better than vicinity] to the docks, no doubt."

"That's why I downloaded 'scuttle' into their system. It follows the [I think you meant L&P, not L&S] program and tidies up after it."

Instinctively, Ariana reached over and tapped the time tracker strapped on her left arm, activating the communicator function. "C'mon, Graeme," she grumbled as she [entered] the response sequence.

His glowing eyes flicked over her and he growled low in his chest, not so much a ferocious snarl but rather an anticipatory purr. He stopped a [wing's] length away and continued to gaze her with a curious hunger in his eyes.
Jessica Wolfe chapter 3 . 8/15/2014
I didn't note this on my chapter 2 review, but there are places where the scene/time changes and there's no real indication. I don't know if FFN just dropped your formatting, but it would be helpful to have some kind of indicator to let the reader know that there is a change in place/time.

"Eeeeuw, you're dangling on me." ROFL! :D

Loving this story! You've fleshed out your characters well and made them very three-dimensional. I also like that you have other problems in here than just the love story. It's a very well rounded tale and a joy to read.

Concrit:
Leaping through the window, Kirin and Tak found Ariana wedged between two attackers and an old Japanese woman cowering next to an overturned table. A teenaged boy in an apron was lying unconscious [beside, not besides] her.

Since her backpack was still in the schoolroom, she had a perfectly good excuse for going there. [there's a word or 2 missing here] paused with her foot poised over the porch step, Ariana heard voices in the schoolroom, Kirin's and – she concentrated – O-tama's.
Jessica Wolfe chapter 2 . 8/15/2014
I love the interactions between Kirin and Ari. They're very fun. :)

Love this line "her hands are surprisingly soft. How she manages to hit so hard with them, I do not know. Her knuckles leave dents."

Ari uses some words and phrases that I wonder if the Tengu would know, but they seem to be okay with, like when she calls Tak a horndog. The Tengu seem very isolated, and I don't know how much slang they'd know, even Kirin, who keeps occasional contact with the Ishimuran clan. It's just something to consider, and it could be used to create more interesting situations where Ari has to explain her words. :)
Jessica Wolfe chapter 1 . 8/15/2014
You've combined two of my favorite things; Garoyles and Japan. Love it! Ari and Graeme are a lot of fun, and this new clan of gargoyles is sounding interesting. The reading between Kirin and Ari was great too. :D Can't wait to read more.
The Noble Maidens chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
I simply love it. Ariana and Kirin make a beautiful couple.
The Sithspawn chapter 6 . 11/11/2010
OMG, this is awesome, you know I've been seeing your Ariana and Kirin pics all over the net and now I know the backstory behind them, its only making them sweeter:)
Mirsa chapter 6 . 11/11/2009
GAH! Ari and Kirin are my FAVORITE garg paring. OF ALL TIME! :D I love this story, and the little Japanese words throw in here and there made it that much cooler (I love the culture and have friends from there). thank you UBER MUCH for writing! :D
rockevergod chapter 6 . 6/30/2009
You have written an enchantingly engaging fantasy... I am truly enchanted by your words and cleverness. I will be in quite sorrow if there won't be a continuation. There is so much to know in life.
QueenyProductions chapter 3 . 6/28/2009
Ariana-chan was so mean to Kirin. I mean, blackmailing him with pocky! How heartless could you get?

How much of a age gap is there between Ari-chan and Kirin-san?
QueenyProductions chapter 1 . 6/24/2009
I heard Tengu was good, and all those people were right!

Kirin's a real stiff, but you just gotta love 'im.
RenaRoo chapter 6 . 6/19/2009
Wow

Absolutely stunning, amazing, wonderful story! I was captivated by each sentence - no! Each -word-!

Your characterization was on spot with everything I know of the Gargoyles Series and your original additions were so beautifully created, so intense, so in-depth that I could swear that they were created by Greg Weisman himself.

Kudos. Amazing story and absolutely beautiful presentation. Your writing voice is so clear and collective that I could not draw myself away.

Great work!
ChosenEntity chapter 6 . 12/27/2008
Wow, I haven't read a gargoyles fic in a LONG time... but what a great pick-me-up! :D Couldn't stop reading for a moment! I'd forgotten how much I loved the series.

Fantastic work! Have to go back, read the Time Dancer series and all of your other works. Thank you so much for writing such a great story!
shadowarrior4god chapter 1 . 4/28/2008
omg i love your fics there so awesome plz continue