Reviews for The Splintered Tomorrow
Sugahroc57 chapter 16 . 8/18/2013
*drops on the floor* This trilogy is simply a work of art.
The last two series pulled my heart strings all around and left me reeling with want, pain, fustraustion, anger, love, dispair, confusion and so much more... It left me just as breathless as seeing The Splintered Tomorrow stop at 16! I was floored and disappointed..

I know I just found this fic but I fell head over heels with it and I only hope that one day even after 8 long years since it's last update that it will meet it's completion. It has to, a great story needs to find it's ending.. Remy needs to find happiness and find it in Rogue again who I, cross my fingers, hope find what they once had...
What a emotional rollercoaster you rode us on... I love every moment of it. .
Update one day, humor us a bit...

Also, I can't believe the lack of reviews this has gotten. It's absurd in my opinion! This trilogy deserves a word of acknowledgment, no matter how small...

This was well done and I can totally see, read and feel the growth from the first installment and it's striaght up the bomb! Lol

Ru
cam169 chapter 16 . 12/15/2012
A beautiful piece of work. I enjoyed reading it very much. All the characters included were brilliantly presented. Thank you.
NacaciaX chapter 16 . 2/16/2009
So good! It's a shame it was never finished...
Randirogue chapter 16 . 6/14/2007
I so love this series. Easily among the gods of xmen fanfiction. How I wish this were canon. So much better than most of the real canon.

I wish you wrote more of it.

:D
helppuppie chapter 1 . 6/17/2005
a finale like no other.
jeremie chapter 16 . 4/30/2005
ohkay i really am enjoyin this 3 prt series but this last chapter lovely as it is...i dunno it just seems...ohkay wel i loved it but i wanna see remy ask rogue and question why she would be willing to give up her love for him her children evryone for mags? i mean it seems absurd to me...buh then again i was never really keen with the whole mags loves rogue rogue secretly loves mags...*no offense but ew.* loved evrything except for that. T
zero chapter 16 . 4/5/2005
wow, that was quick. the new chapter, i mean. yknow, i wish your arc was part of Marvel canon. it's superbly done...i daresay even better than some of the canon sagas. you do the characters justice: they are well-fleshed out, complex and *human*. even Magneto, in a fic that's Remy/Rogue-centric, isn't offhandedly villanised or tivialised. i can see that lots of care goes into crafting your stories. yay for us readers. :)
Jean1 chapter 16 . 4/4/2005
Nice. I like seeing Illyanna again. Shades of Valerie's Betrayal arc and AoA I see - only Rogue's more stupid - well not more than AoA - she couldn't be more stupid and wroshiping than she is in AoA but certainly more that Betrayal. I do really have issues with her coming close to be willing to sacrifice her own children for Magneto. Not that she wouldn't likely do that in AoA too, but then I don't have much use for her and Magneto there either. I hate that their relationships always have to do with gratitude which I always find pathetic about Rogue. But Gambit - sigh. He can be such a wary and casual soul on the surface but deep down he's truly noble. I think that's a nice contrast youi have going. Magneto tends to come across as so noble on the surface in the comics but so self-involved below and Gambit just the reverse.
4Rogue chapter 16 . 4/3/2005
Splendidly done. You knew it was coming but you really feel Remy's hurt, conflict and resolve. And for all his regret I still find his mistakes for love far more sympathetic than Rogue's stupid ones (ala her saving of Magneto when he should have died in this part of the arc). It's one thing to risk yourself for the world and love, it's another to risk the world for it. Of course since I lothe - really lothe - every version of Magneto/Rogue because she always has to play second in command and pracically worship him to make him happy I have ever read in comics, I know I'm biased and can't have any sympathy for them ever. I felt the same in the AoA, I adored Gambit and hated Magneto for being such an ass. You really don't write him that way but he always is to me because he's like that in the comic. That and everyone can't see to get along without him and that annoys me too. He's just not that actually good at making things work to be that important,but Gambit sarificing everything important to him to make things right even if it keeps that looser alive. As you state, that is the nobility of character that I adore about Gambit despite what he thinks of himself.
zero chapter 15 . 3/29/2005
an update! *swoon*

breathlessly waiting for more. :)
Cranberry J chapter 15 . 3/7/2005
Simply amazing. Your characters are so rich and alive, it makes my heart race with each word. I can feel the conflict and emotion that you're so wonderfully creating here in each chapter.

Please don't stop now!

Sev
Randirogue chapter 15 . 2/27/2005
This update was sublime. I'm so enamored with this series that this update, lovely and engaging all on its own, prompted me to go back and re-read the entire series up until this point.

The tension and heartache and longing and joy that you conjure throughout all of this... and in some ways, most in this story with all the lures of the previous two to give it a rich and lush history and incline... a rising peak that is breaking, bursting, exploding within this third story... a symbiotic culmination of such wonder and awe.

The connotations between Rogue, Remy, and Magnus in this third story is delicious... not that the other relationships and consequences aren't palpable and beautiful... but the story of those three in this... I love it.

I am so eager to read this all play out. I want to see how it ends up, but yet, I don't want it to end.

I hope you find the inspiration to update it more frequently.

Congrats on such a job well done!
toturnagain chapter 15 . 2/27/2005
I've been reading your trilogy for awhile...and I've got to say, I like it, more than I expected I would. I'm quite fond of this Gambit/Rogue/Magneto triangle, no matter how little you decide to play it out.

I also like the story. It's believable and very in depth...quite epic material. I was worried that you had killed off Jean-Luc (I like that boy!), but am happier with this turn of events.

The children's characters could have been butchered, but you're doing well with development and not letting them take over, if you will, the main part of the story. The one thing I am concerned about, a little, is the whole 'more powerful than any mutant ever' scheme. I see how it's being written in, but it seems a *little* cliche. But you're using it well, so it's not painfully obvious.

In all, excellent story!
zero chapter 14 . 8/25/2004
this is not just bloody good, it's epical! I especially love Part 1, "The Death of a Dream".

the concept of a post-apocalyptic world devoid of psychics is superbly done. i could really imagine the remaining X-Men slowly rebuilding their lives in the aftermath of the battle with the Shadow King.

and I love the way the characters were written. even those who changed were entirely believable. i especially liked Madelyne Pryor - and Remy's "Go away. You dead." in "The Resurrection Gaunlet". that was hilarious! - she's irritating and irreverent but oh so funny.

Please update soon for us poor slobs addicted to your story telling!
Cranberry J chapter 14 . 8/5/2004
I do hope you continue this story soon. I' always checking it.

It's fantastic! It's one of the best I've read, you've made me fall in love with Rogue and Gambit all over again.
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »