Reviews for Things That Fall
Bonsoir chapter 1 . 2/3
G-o-d. I cheated and read the reviews, so I knew who this piece was about before I read it, but that didn't make it any less sad. (Not that you need assured of this.) I think losing Okina would be one of the hardest things for Misao to cope with. He says, in the manga, when Kenshin fights Cho, that he feels like a father to Misao; I can imagine that in a manner of speaking, Misao feels the same way toward him (and I think this allows Misao the freedom to feel a romantic love for Aoshi, since she does not view him in that same light). The end of this is especially sad, and this shows an Aoshi I love seeing in fanfiction, but rarely see! He's not offering pity or anything; he's just treating her...I'd say normally. Maybe gently, but ah.

Also, thank you for showing strong warriors can die from disease, too. I know in the OVAs Kenshin dies of consumption/tb or leprosy, but not many people take the OVAs as canon and the only reason he seems to have acquired his disease was due to wandering. (Personally, I think it's an interesting story, but I don't like to think of it as canon, myself, I guess. Maybe because Aoshi and Misao and iirc Megumi had no role.)

Anyway, a lovely piece. Even though this is old, I'm going to add it to my favorites-no regrets!
Fusion Orchid chapter 1 . 10/27/2010
Gah! First I was scared, then relieved, then felt guilty for feeling relieved! You're evil. Nevertheless, well-written and evocative.
Roses of Sharon chapter 1 . 1/13/2008
...Wait. Whoa. Huh? What?

I thought he was dead!

...But obviously, you were speaking of something else. SomeONE else, I should say.

But so...

Whoa.
ShaenaV chapter 1 . 9/2/2007
OK I admit, the ending caught me by surprise... A really great story, I loved it... But one thing I don't understand though...

Why did you say, 'Had she loved him more'... That just sounds, well, kinda weird. Misao has a huge heart, she probably loved Okina to death... I think maybe it would flow better if ya took out that sentence, offered a different explanation for why she didn't go into the room instead.

Hope that helped, I'd love to hear what you think about my opinion. :)
mandella-sama chapter 1 . 3/17/2007
wow
a lovely idiot chapter 1 . 2/21/2007
XD WHOA. Holy crap, I did NOT expect that!

Either way, it was very good. 3 I loved it's angst. I think you're my fave AoshiMisao writer. xD Keep it up!
Plasmolysed Cell Membrane chapter 1 . 6/2/2006
I thought it was pretty good. I'm starting to see a pattern in your style... a nice one. Although it would be interesting to see something different coming from a talented writer as yourself.

Anyways, about this one. I think the part when Aoshi says "Then we start over" should be the last thing said here. I know that what Misao says kind of explains the story but I still feel that there's something not very flowy about the last thing she says. Anyways, other than that bit. It was lovely.
Indecisive Mind chapter 1 . 4/10/2006
(Blinks) ...Jiya? Wow, nice twist there! I love your Rurouni Kenshin stories!
Warg chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
Speechless... a first for me..

WOW...

err err.. lets see... moving, poignant..

The entire flow is strong... and extremely satisfying... the graphic quality is absolutely brilliant...

Ur "The chashaku in Misao’s... " para gave it away... but i've never been in the dark over plotlines this long... genius twist...

Lovely work... thanx for this great read... i'm addicted now *sigh*..

Cya..
Mirune Keishiko chapter 1 . 1/14/2006
T.T WAH! (subtitles: 2 points:

(1) writing as exquisite as ever!

(2) argghh! for a moment there you really scared me! :p)
IsleofSolitude chapter 1 . 7/14/2005
Wow, what a twist. I love your stories so much; you always can bring true emotions to life without overdoing it or slighting them. This story is no exception.
Karine Dragon'sheart chapter 1 . 5/18/2005
O.O And all this time I thought that it was Aoshi that had died. Incredibly done!

Laters,

KD
Monigue chapter 1 . 1/6/2005
This is... a twist that almost made me fall out of my chair. Very well done. The beautiful angst is given new life by the humorous touch at the end.
rurouni chapter 1 . 7/1/2004
haven't been on ffnet for a long time... great story you've got here! ) though i thought the use of "slumbered" in the second block was a little awkward.
Ookami chapter 1 . 6/20/2004
Lovely. It's really beautiful, and it's great to see someone write Misao seriously for once. You characterized everyone so well.