Reviews for Not Quite a Fairy Tale
miss shakalaka chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
omg. this was adorable! i love it! :)
Mantis FA chapter 1 . 11/10/2009
Very cute! If I ever get around to writing Harry's marriage proposal in my own Harry/Cho alternate timeline, it will definitely be something private and low-key, though probably not quite as shy as you've portrayed it. Nice anti-dote, too, to the overblown fairytale romance that was H/G in the last two novels.

Nice capsule-description of Cho, too - the "not quite five feet tall" goes with being "a head shorter than Harry when he was thirteen, and hadn't hit his growth spurt yet, while she was fourteen and probably had. I always visualized her with hair down past her waist during her Hogwarts years, but as an adult and Auror, the chin-length bob would probably be more practical.
human laundry chapter 1 . 10/9/2008
Omigod. This is awesome!
slashmarks chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
This was very good, though I'm not very fond of Harry/Cho. The hamburger descriptions were quite amusing, and also a good example as to why I refuse to eat fast food that's not from Taco Bell.

Cho seems a bit OOC considering what we saw of her in the books-not being upset about how unromantic this was seemed odd, as well as her career choice- but she's probably matured a bit since being fifteen anyway, so it isn't terribly bad. I loved the proposal.

Speaking of which, do you have an objection to me writing this scene from the POV of one of the muggle observors? I'll give you credit, of course, if I actually bother to write it.

-BloodyHellRose

The Mad Vampiress
Diary chapter 1 . 10/7/2007
I enjoyed this.
wywern chapter 1 . 4/29/2005
yes, you're good. I'll decide this is actually part of the 'As Thick as Blood'-universe. I want this to be the beginning of the Chang-Potter family.
SnowySilver chapter 1 . 3/31/2004
Aw! That was so sweet! And I disagree with Cho, because I think that was quite romantic in its own way. I love the big, sappy, in-front-of-a-million-people proposals, but you've shown me that the simple ones can be just as sweet. Your story captured the reality of the little things incredibly well ("He was probably getting ketchup all over his tie" - I loved that!), and totally bashes the fairy tale world most authors have as proposals in their stories, which is awesome. Once again, I loved it!
Selah Ex Animo chapter 1 . 2/14/2004
Once again, a great little story! It was hilarious!
SomniumSeeker chapter 1 . 2/9/2004
Now, breaking my usual tradition of writing extremely long winded reviews, I'm going to keep this one short, and hopefully sweet! I love love love this fic! I honestly didn't want to give it a chance when I first passed the summary, but I figured 'Hey, what else am I going to do?' and low and behold, I was proven wrong. Not that I'm not used to it by now. This is such a great story, and I really love your voice! Which, trust me, is a compliment because I don't often like anyone's writing voice all that much, including my own. It's so wonderful and brilliant because the story has flaws. Not in your writing style or anything, but the story itself. For example, the infamous 'plorping' McDonalds Hamburger, or the sticky table. Things like that. Those 'flaws' make the story a million times more magical. Okay, so maybe I didn't keep it 'short and sweet' but that's alright, you definitely deserve every word of praise.
indigal chapter 1 . 1/31/2004
that was really cute. i thought it was gonna be something that ended badly when i saw the blurb, but this is so cute. hahah...if you have a boyfriend as famous as that, this is just about as close as it gets to a fairy tale! on the contrary, quite romantic in that realistic way.
will you write more stuff?
Lyta Padfoot chapter 1 . 1/30/2004
Adorable. I can just imagine what Cho would have thought of the salad. Hideous food.
Andi chapter 1 . 1/30/2004
Wow, you're good! I've just recently allowed myself to start reading HP fics again, because I just finished OOtP and didn't want to read any spoilers beforehand. This is so cute! Now I'm going to go read some more of your stuff.