Reviews for Lirael's Last Peal
bookwormtiff chapter 5 . 9/28/2012
Ahh, what are you apologizing for? I should be the one apologizing instead! :'( Wow, when I saw that you'd updated I couldn't believe my eyes - I almost screamed out loud! Oh and your author's note - thank you, thank you so much. It means a lot to me. XD

Man, am I glad that this story isn't dead! There's so much potential here; it has a plot, an intriguing plot-! You can't just let it go to waste! Goodness knows there isn't enough quality OKT fic out there...

Well, ahaha, this chapter... Ohhh, pretty!elegantcivilizedNick and Sam - I love the dynamics between the two - you have Sam's character down pat, I think - the vaguely bumbling, almost carefree, but shrewd, clever Prince that he is (who isn't afraid to reprimand his friend) - and Nick. Still the same easygoing charmer, but sadly a little weighed down by the politics... Poor guy. I hope he improves and recovers soon from that little bout of... Callousness? Cruelty? What have you got planned for them?

(Also. Is Allene an important character - because - urgh - cannotshipthis... NickLirael or SamLirael all the way - although I do admit that there are difficulties when she's currently a madwoman.)

But what can I say... Splendid writing, as usual, keep it up - and update soon! XD

Again, thank you so much!
Bookwormtiff.
bookwormtiff chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
Please... Update?

It's almost the end of October now... I've been waiting.

And at the end of October is... Halloween!

The perfect time for an update. Because this is really too freakishly scary to be updated on any other day.

I just reread it, and it's as brilliant as ever! Yes, I agree, Lirael is strangely exotic, unlike her canon self. But I prefer it this way, because it suits her, and makes her more... delicate... mysterious... and vulnerable. Even though she's insane.

And your descriptions are beautiful! I like them. :)

Update now!

Please?

Bookwormtiff!
bookwormtiff chapter 4 . 9/28/2009
This is just... so... beautiful.

It's almost poetic in some areas, but it's beautiful, and it's also really really terrifying.

Especially when you see the extent of Lirael's madness and grief. And you don't know anything about why she's doing everything, or even what she's doing. Very intriguing...

I wish she had even a spark of humanity left. It's disturbing to see Lirael so twisted and insane. But you've captured so much in your writing, it almost seems like reality. Certainly you've managed to freak me out.

It's very confusing in some bits, and practically nothing at all is revealed in these chapters, except annoying little questions, but I would dearly love to write like you.

Please update! This can't be finished yet! It just can't! The story's just so good!

From bookwormtiff
Guest chapter 3 . 6/9/2009
A great story. Rather slow in coming along, but damn well worth the wait.
covdany chapter 4 . 3/31/2008
Wow. I'm really intrigued with this story! It's amazing. Your style of writing is unbelievable and I can't stop re-reading it. SecretLife was right; you most certainly can give Garth Nix a run for his money.

Again, wow. Please try and update whenever you can.
Yrael chapter 4 . 2/16/2008
I'd just like to say... I've never ever wanted anything more than to be able to click the next chapter button at the bottom right corner of my screen ,I think this is easily the greatest ,most enthralling peice of FF in the history of everything... ever!

I've been in constant awe of your skill throughout this masterwork story ,and even though I(somewhat selfishly)don't write ,there's not a lot I wouldn't give to posess even the most miniscule fraction of your skill.

Keep it up you literary genius:).

Truly there would be reason to go mad were it not for music. - Pytor Illyic Tchaikovsky.
seasnake.756 chapter 4 . 2/11/2008
you keep getting better. I love how you describe things.
Zero Admin Eevee chapter 4 . 2/8/2008
Personally, I don't think it's necessary to up the rating. (But I haven't seen any violence/gore/horror (psychological or not) that I think should rightly be rated M, and I've gone through a fair number of the sections here, so...) The decision ultimately lies with you, I believe...

This chapter, well... it remains that I like the nature of the story as a whole, while the AR element (I think) detracts that much from my understanding of the entire plotline (that's my problem, not yours). Though I would like to know: Are your symbols just that, or do they represent another layer of meaning?

The only thing I noticed was the occasionally misspelling of Lirael's name as 'Lireal'. Other than that, the usual, beautiful imagery, etc, etc.

Regarding length between updates... if all your chapters will be like this, or better, I don't think many people would think it not worth the wait. :)

Please keep writing? :)
SecretLife chapter 4 . 2/6/2008
*falls over in awe* O.O WOW! Loved it! It was absolutly magnificent! I cannot wait to read more!
seasnake.756 chapter 3 . 1/21/2008
it's nearly scary how your text chilled my bones. The style is something totally new.
SecretLife chapter 3 . 12/12/2007
Completely and untterly long, yet wonderful and beautifuly written. I think you would give Garth Nix a run for his money, keep up the wonderful work.
Zero Admin Eevee chapter 3 . 11/27/2007
Well, just... vivid imagery and metaphorical use, intense portrayal of Lirael's perspective, and... intriguing, to say the least. Though I got lost a couple of times along Lirael's tirade, and again after that. I think I've read all of Garth Nix's books, so... is this AR? It appears to encompass more elements native to the Old Kingdom than I remember from Nix's books, or else I haven't been reading carefully.

Very well done. :)
ano-nimmus chapter 2 . 4/9/2007
This is incredible! With a bang and a spalsh, you leap onto the scene with amazingly non-fluffy love scenes, marvellous description, and a liberal use of metaphors.\

WHOA!
Adverk chapter 1 . 12/25/2006
Somehow, I had this feeling inside that if Lirael were to read the Book of Death, she'd be twisted by the "remembrancer's curse". I was right. You're one of the first to suggest that idea in a story, though.

So Lirael's going to become the next Destroyer, and then commit suicide, but she is thwarted along the way. Would I be right in saying that?

This story has great potential. Please don't suffer writer's block halfway through, it would be a great loss.
Adverk chapter 2 . 12/25/2006
So Lirael's lost it at last? I don't blame her. Maybe you could have her kill an unsuspecting victim and break a Charter Stone. She'll have easy access to them. I mean, they're in the reservoir just below the the palace. What were the Shiners thinking, leaving those things there in easy access?

Exactly what did she do to the crow? Sacrifice it to gain power, and thus terrify everything in Death?

I've got an idea. Involve Kerrigor in this, as Lirael's ally / attempted betrayer at the end. But have Lirael end up performing the double-cross and making him the next victim. At least have her win for the most part, only to falter and be barely defeated at the end. And turn her into a cat (like Mogget) as well.

You might even want to involve Yrael in this as another victim.