Reviews for The Wolf Pack
Scarred Sword Heart chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
Aw, I'm sure Saitou loved his sons in his own, gruff, wolfish way. He's just not an affectionate man.

Anyway, this was a really cool story. I certainly can't blame Tsuyoshi for resenting his father's absence. It's very sad when a parent neglects their children to "save the world".

Write more!
Keirin Seigi chapter 1 . 12/5/2005
Ah...such a, familiar sound... those words... As, it was exact word for word...Truly... Sou ka, tou-san... I guess... so familiar..
Garowyn chapter 1 . 10/10/2005
Very well-written - an interesting take, realistic.

[“That’s enough.” He said, his voice weary.]

Using this sentence as an example, at the end of "enough", there should be a comma instead of a period and "He" should not be capitalized since it is an continuation of the sentence. Makes it grammatically correct.
abby-sarajane chapter 1 . 8/21/2005
I was going to leave a nice review earlier, but my server ate it.

Ugh. Too late at night. So I said a lot of nice things and such, and I'll say again, lovely job with the fic. :: applauds::
Senaca chapter 1 . 3/6/2005
was such a bittersweet and sad fic/chapter. I loved it. If there is more to write, then please update soon.
non chapter 1 . 4/20/2004
Well, wow. You've got a beautiful way with words that perfectly captures the anger we feel towards our parents sometimes, but that always nagging desire for them to do something, anything, that will make us forgive them.
Excellent, concise characterization. I got a good feel for what all of the characters were like, despite the brevity of the piece.
You ever notice that everytime there's a 'bad' parent, or one whose never around, there's the 'good' one that sticks up for the 'bad' one and makes the house home? But what if there were two bad parents?
werd chapter 1 . 4/19/2004
Thanks for sharing...please continue writing. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.
Krystaline Kitty chapter 1 . 2/29/2004
Although that was the very first Ruroni Kenshin fanfic that I have read; I must say, that was the very best. And probably the best that I will ever read on Ruroni Kenshin fanfics. -
Pechan chapter 1 . 2/15/2004
oh, i just love this story! perfectly written and everything! it's one of my favorites.
eriesalia chapter 1 . 2/1/2004
Well - I for one don't think you need to apologize. I enjoyed this because it's a very believable conflict - not only because of what the RK Saitou was like, but because it's a typical conflict in many Asian households where families are not demonstrative in their affections or feelings.
Did the historical Saitou die after his wife? That I didn't know of. How sad...
Wolf Of Mibu chapter 1 . 2/1/2004
Touching, but hardly emotional.
I believe he would just take care of her funeral procession and then lock himself in his office. ;
And as a father, I don't really think he would neglect his children as mentioned.
He would be thinking:"What's the use of protecting Japan if I could not safeguard my own home from Evil?"
First kanji he would teach them to read and write would be "Aku Soku Zan" In my opinion. _;
Well, it's AU, but a bit OOCness perhaps. Still, a good story though.
Anyway, it's good to see you back.
Engetsunoaori chapter 1 . 1/31/2004
Nice. *two thumbs up*
Imalefty chapter 1 . 1/31/2004
This is pretty good. It's kind of sad... yes, sad. I liked it, though. Saito was very in character, I think. It's a good story and the sadness is very... well... touching!
Nigihayami Haruko chapter 1 . 1/31/2004
It's sad how Saitou remains stuck in the past. I wish he could move forward, but I guess the effects of war and the hold it has on a person is never relinquished. If only more people could let go and be happy. Why must there be so much sorrow? It would be interesting if you continue this story, I'd like to see what would happen to Tsuyoshi, perhaps make him bump into Kenshin! ... oh wait, has Kenshin died then? Then Kenji! Alright, just keep writing alright?
Jason M. Lee chapter 1 . 1/30/2004
i like this! never really found a fic focusing on any of the Saitou sons. i really like this! you did your research and you got many of emotions i think Tsuyoshi would've felt toward Saitou.
on your part of having Tsutomu, Tatsuo, and Tsuyoshi in that order of birth, you're not all that off. Tsutomu was actually the oldest of the trio, and so on. is a site i recommend for info about Saitou (as well some about the Shinsengumi).
hope you write more soon! (and an appropriate title, at that, very nice)