Reviews for Faith, Part III: Peace
Joe Lawyer chapter 8 . 2/20
This story is 14 years old now. I often wonder if authors enjoy getting reviews on their really, really old works, maybe even long after they've quit writing, or whether they thinks it's strange.

Anyways, I just finished Faith parts 1-3. They were certainly angst filled, as advertised, but I enjoyed them and I normally don't like angst filled stories. This felt like a much more accurate depiction of what war with the Dominion would be like...horrors and all...stuff that a TV show just wouldn't be able to show.

So...14 years later...thanks for sharing it with us!
tiamat100 chapter 8 . 5/2/2010
When I first began reading your Faith trilogy, I wasn't sure what to make of it. The serious note to it depressed me. I almost felt like not finishing it.
Then I realised that it's a good thing to read a story which makes me think so hard, and feel so sad. It's a good thing to be reminded how awful the world can be.
And this is truly one of the best stories I have ever read. The horror of it is huge yet the beauty of it is better. I wanted to believe it would end well, even when everything was dark. That made it better. That is the kind of story which can inspire hope, and not the kind of story you often find on a fanfiction website.
That was amazing. It was truly amazing, and it will take me a long time to forget.
Rachel Evans chapter 8 . 7/8/2008
I can’t believe it’s over! Now I don’t know what I will do with my free time.

I read the first two parts of this trilogy a few years ago and two weeks ago I re-read them to refresh my memory. This review is covering the entire trilogy since I wanted to spend my time reading instead of writing reviews. I noticed a few changes in the first two stories– if I’m remembering correctly. I can’t remember most of the changes that I thought of, but there’s something that I am remembering about Bashir carving the names of people that died onto a panel on the lower decks of DS9. Was that in Faith II or am I remembering that from a different story?

I absolutely love this trilogy. There are so many aspects of these stories that I love – the psychological depth of Julian, the references to your previous stories as well as detailed references to episodes, the faith of some of the prisoners, the use of certain words that prompt me to use a dictionary and expand my vocabulary, the crossover between DS9 and TNG, the beautiful and eloquent writing style, and the simple fact that the trilogy was about Julian Bashir. There is much more that I love about this trilogy but I cannot find the words to describe it.

You are very gifted in describing extremely disturbing situations, emotions, and pains. Your descriptions are very detailed and sometimes quite graphic, but still tasteful. I appreciate that you don’t use violence and gore for the sake of violence and gore, but rather you use the disturbing moments to help the reader to better understand how the characters feel in their situations.

I love to read your work stories and I look forward to reading more. Keep up the great work!
Dutchess chapter 8 . 4/9/2008
I've spent the last few weeks reading through this whole story arch (starting with "If It's Not One Thing...") and I must say that the amount of work that has gone into them is amazing. I can only hope that you get "The Honored" written eventually. But as it is, I will satisfy myself with your other stories. Keep up the good work
GSYH chapter 5 . 12/5/2006
Colour me optimistic, but I thought it would have been the turning point, the line that wouldn't be crossed.

If the lottery winnars were to die, it'll be logical for them not to fight it, because there will be no gain from it.

The stoning though, was different, there was a lot to lose, that I feel has more weight than one week of ration. It's true that lots of people would have died without it, but most of them have been officers eh? Death was never an impossiblity in their lives. Getting killed on purpose for nothing wouldn't be worth it, when they could be rescued, but if there is a way to go down fighting, instead of being used to harm, then down we go.

If I was in 's place, I would have picked up the stone, strike Deyos dead with it...and the others, have their stones too. Normally they won't have anything that could cause any damage, but that morning they had stones, and numbers.
Jennifer Rhodes chapter 1 . 7/22/2005
I wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed reading The Faith Trilogy. I feel slightly guilty for likely a story in which so many bad things happen to Bashir, but you effectively captured his character. He has always been the most interesting character to me on DS9. Keep up the good work. Thanks again.
RavenDove chapter 8 . 5/1/2005
I think that you left it at a very good ending, but you definatly left it open for another story. I'm going to have to go back and read the story that explains about Jordan and the clone if you have it posted.

RavenDove chapter 7 . 5/1/2005
I like it very much at this point, but I don't quite follow it all. I'm guessing the Szymon is a translated being.

RavenDove chapter 6 . 5/1/2005
I think you've managed to go over the top, but I'm still reading.

RavenDove chapter 5 . 5/1/2005
I think you might have a bit of a Peter Complex, but that's not neccesaraly a bad thing. I think the dramatics of it play off well. (At least to a Christian they would.)

RavenDove chapter 4 . 5/1/2005
I'm in shock at the moment...

Insideout and upsidedown...

You could teach Peater David a thing or two.

RavenDove chapter 3 . 5/1/2005
Sonderkommando!

I think I'll just call you the Mistress of Mean from now on. Just when I think you can't do anything worse to the poor guy, you go and pull something out of nowhere.

RavenDove chapter 2 . 5/1/2005
By the time you're done there won't be anything left of Bashir.

Lyda Mae
RavenDove chapter 1 . 5/1/2005
I think you have it in for Bashir worse than I ever had. Maybe Siddig El Fadil (aka Alexander Siddig) needs a restraining order.

saiyajintrekkie chapter 8 . 8/1/2004
Excellent work! I've read all of your posted Deep Space Nine works now, and I've got to say I love them. The characters are in character, the timeline is carefully preserved from whatever point the series was at when you began to write a story, and that plots are beautifully drawn out. Best of all, there's lots of it.

I do, however have two little comments on this part of the "Faith" epic:

1. "Swanzig"

I believe what you meant to write on these parts was "zwanzig". I've also never seen German numbers hyphenated as in English. Was that artistic license, splitting up the parts of the larger numbers?

2. Christianity, etc.

Although it was interesting showing more of a glimpse into the minds of those Starfleeters who aren't main characters in the series, I've got to object to the extensive use of Judeo-Christian religion related to Star Trek. Yes, DS9 was written after Roddenberry's death, so it does involve religion as not seen in the previous two series and all of the movies, but the Federation is still ,for all intents and purposes, a secular humanist society. I'm not saying that Christianity no longer exists in Star Trek, but that "Jesus! I choose You!" is overdoing it a bit. In most cases people don't go for religions because they don't believe in God(s), as well as some of the doctrine that you mentioned, as well as most of the discriminatory parts of the dogma. Ah, well, it's your story, and your choice.

And again, excellent work. I'd like to see more.