Reviews for White Fire and Black Ice
Nytd chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
The path through which I found this story is quite convoluted, but so far I'm glad I did!

The premise is quite intriguing, and you give plausible explanations for why this mixing of two worlds could happen.

Your narrative read like that of a practiced storyteller and flowed along quite smoothly. It was elegantly written, and I do so look forward to seeing Mithrandir finding himself in the next age of wizards.

You've got me hooked!

Cheers!

Nytd
athena2014 chapter 14 . 3/31/2009
aw I loved this story! Simply great!
athena2014 chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
Just started reading, but wanted to say that the way you changed the lands around Moria into Hogwarts was great! I especially love how you brought the giant squid into it!
Chemistress chapter 14 . 1/31/2009
Hi there; the start of your story was fantastic - but as for myself Gandalf and Albus are one and the same, I couldn't imagine both of them next to each other in one story...so I would have wished for him to appear before or after Albus' time. But as Gandalf/Minerva are my "Dream-Team" I am very thankful for any story at all about them, and there was a lot to like in yours, for example "The Lady of the Castle"-Titel for Minerva *gg*
Katheryn Mae chapter 14 . 1/30/2009
Aw. Just plain adorable! Wonder if there's anymore Gandalf/Minerva stories out there...

Katheryn Rose
haha chapter 14 . 11/26/2008
lol. that was cute )) if i had not known that dumbledore was gay i'd recommend a love triangle )) just kidding. lol.
albeva chapter 14 . 5/24/2008
if I would rate I'de give 3 / 10. no more
albeva chapter 7 . 5/24/2008
yack. it is pointless romance...

you do realize that for gandalf it is almost like a lion falling in love with a domestic cat?
albeva chapter 6 . 5/24/2008
you sort of know how to write - but your story telling is ...

I think readers would be more interested in Gandalf's story in HP universe then Minerva's (about whom we have read for 7 books and countless fics)

Also even ministry is not so short sighted as to imprison him without ANY evidance or testimony.

Neither would Gandalf let himself be locked up.
albeva chapter 4 . 5/24/2008
short chapter...

I don't think you truly understand Gandalf's character nor who he is. flame of Arnor indeed... I think you mean the 3rd ring of power that Gandalf has in his posession? Narya!

However note here that power of the three rings was over when One ring was destroyed!
albeva chapter 3 . 5/24/2008
utterly POINTLESS chapter!

why repeat the same thing over again? stay to one POV
albeva chapter 2 . 5/24/2008
uhm I got mixed feelings after reading this.

he wouldn't be much of a wielder of a "secret fire" if he announced that to every one he met?

Also what about language barrier?

also I hope this is not a romance story - you do realize that Gandalf (Olorin) is rather ageless. You could call him a demigod or an angel. Literally. so he and minerva... McGonogall would be a mere child to him. a passing thing. as she is a MORTAL.

You wrote well umbridge part - hoep she get's serious ass kicking.
123456712345612345 chapter 14 . 5/16/2008
It's like you took this story from my silly 12 year old mind.

You started it wonderfully. I love how you included the giant squid.

My only wish is that is was longer and there were more moments between Gandalf and Minerva.

I request another story of them!
McGonagallFan chapter 14 . 3/24/2008
This story is lovely.
Stefan the Vampire chapter 14 . 6/29/2007
You'll probably never read this since it was literally AGES since you wrote this, but I really think a sequal should be made perhaps with less romance (not that its not good.) Perhaps Gandalf could meet a certain Harry Potter and help him defeat Voldermort who could well be Sauron or Saruman reborn! (hmm I should write this myself... Neah not to keen on writing fanfictions.)
47 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »