Reviews for Xanthic Growlithe Contract
Gryphaena chapter 2 . 6/21/2008
I believe this is the first time you mentioned a growlithe. Is this the xanthic growlithe referenced in the title? If Howler is the xanthic growlithe of the title, why wasn't he described as a shiny pokemon?
dunlopp chapter 32 . 5/8/2008
Odd, in some ways the people of the Pokemon universe not asking questions mirrors the way we play the game. We just go through get badges and not ask any questions. In some ways I found this story more of a parody of the Pokemon universe in the games.
Hamish chapter 33 . 4/28/2008
Congrats your story has completely messed with my mind. It is a good story however; No one i have seen has ever made a story like it.
The Never Minder chapter 19 . 3/25/2008
'On the verge of tears, Elliot sat on the floor. It wasn't fair at all, and it hurt! Why did he have to get hurt just to get a stupid badge anyway?'

Is that the point you're trying to make?
noodle-monster chapter 20 . 11/9/2007
wow, undoubtedly one of the most boring stories i've ever read.

there's nothing going on...he goes some place has a ridicoulusly easy battle, then moves on. nothing is explored, no high no low, very few emotions, no character development, etc.

the 10 year old theme is hugely overdone, and makes for a very bad read period no matter the story, it barely works for a manga or anime, but not stories. i mean, come on, what irresponsible parent would allow a 10 year old out of the house for months to years on end? they can't even spell or do math properly yet and they're expected to survive in the world?

another thing would be your continuous use of the fact that elliot doesn't notice things or think about things. there are two problems with that:

1) it gets incredibly frustrating for the reader because we wanna know, it isn't good for story development so what's the point in mentioning it

2) he's a little boy, he's interested in all sorts of things, and intensely curious, or should be..in your story he just seems kinda weird.

sigh, as i said i'm almost done with the story and have yet to find an actual reason for the whole thing..yawn

bad fanfic author, sit
killerbbb chapter 1 . 9/16/2007
Nice story. it's got a good plot line outs my older stories to shame like my one story The war of freedom...why i wrote that one is beyond me to this day "sigh" oh well.
A Parliament of Owls chapter 32 . 7/9/2007
An interesting way to put some thermodynamics into your writing but should they really be worring about the ultimate end of the universe? The whole "heat death" concept says that it won't happen until about another 100 trillion years in the future...

And it's not that the energy is lost that's the problem-well, okay, it sort of is, but you had me confused for a bit after reading that. I believe it's more like when everything in the universe becomes the same temperature the transfer of heat and thus work will won't be possible.

Anyway, I like the Pokemon theory that came along with it. I've always thought it weird that such tiny creatures could do so much...unfortunately they really do defy the laws of science.
A Parliament of Owls chapter 14 . 6/17/2007
As far as I know the numbers in the Pokedex refer to height so being puma-size would make Prowler a tad smaller than the average Persian. I like the dark feel of this fanfic. One of the reasons I lost interest in Pokemon was how unrealistic it was, but then again it is "just a cartoon." ;)

And about the "Xanthic"-what exactly does that mean? The only thing that immediately leaps to mind for me is "xanthic acid." Maybe the creepy pseudo-Growlithe was injected with xanthic acid?

The repeating "Everything's normal" is seriously creeping me out.
A Parliament of Owls chapter 13 . 6/17/2007
I think Prowler is my new favorite fanfiction character.
A Parliament of Owls chapter 5 . 6/17/2007
Hah! This is fun to read...I'm going to guess the Hoenn Alliance gave away the 3 starters and that that girl in the beginning of the previous chapter received one of the starters and had it checked up on. I can't believe Elliot traded his Meowth though...:(

It's good that Elliot has more of a personality here. Ordinary trainers/people can still have personalities and little idiosyncrasies that make them more "interesting."

On to the next chapter...
A Parliament of Owls chapter 3 . 6/1/2007
I like your writing style. I'm guessing the girl was Misty? It's funny that that poor cat won, but couldn't her Goldeen have poked the Meowth off with a horn or something? :) Nice work anyway.
Morbane chapter 33 . 5/2/2007
Hah! That had, at least in the beginning, some of the tones of a movie villain telling the hero all about his secret plot and why it works before killing said hero. Of course, recruiting is far better than killing.

The boy's spin is exactly right - enough oddity to sound suspicious to us, but generally reasonable.

And of course you could have been tricking us all along and the League COULD be the good guys. It's just hard to know. Plus we should never ever believe your author notes.

Heh, it's true about the S. S. Anne. That's really creepy if you consider it in the context of restricting the population's movements. And it's one of the things that is really straightforwardly presented in the game.

This part of the story is nicely wrapped up. You do plots rather well.
Morbane chapter 32 . 5/2/2007
Interesting, given the demon/demi/arc/cheri designations, that all the really useful, explanation-tendering people are named after biblical angels.

So I'd guessed all the Psyduck stuff except for the fact that the helmet is labelled an Item. Which shocked me. Although it does make sense, and, equally, is very, very twisted.

We still don't know who "they" are and what sort of things "they'd" do to Elliot.

I really like the egg/non-egg theory. Fascinating. I wonder if gen trainers' Pokémon have live births.
Morbane chapter 31 . 5/2/2007
I have no idea what the last Pokémon he saw was.

Well, that was weird. I still have little idea what a faller is, either. And what the heck happened to Sono? Are they in another region - is that why his devices aren't working?

It's good to know his Pokémon can work to help him - even if barely a little.
Morbane chapter 30 . 5/2/2007
I'm still half-and-half divided on whether Prowler's mysterious past involves a strange upbringing in the wild, or strange contact with humans. That is, which is the main thing...

'like they were real' - what the hey? He's met Rockets before, why should he think thugs are a myth?

I'd imagined the helmet would involve an evolution inhibiter. Maybe it will, from now on. Is Sono in the PC or is she just... gone?

A point of grammar:

If he would have hurt you, I would have fought.))

Not elegant, but necessary. Maybe something like "If he intended to hurt you I would have fought", although I realise you're going for a more concise, Prowler-ish thing to say.
208 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »