Reviews for A Love Beyond All Fear
Flick-chan chapter 4 . 2/7/2004
This is the most beautiful piece of Éowyn and Faramir fiction that I have ever seen. Kristen, you have a wonderful talent of capturing the characters in exactly the right light.
Éowyn here is as wonderful, and as feminist as she is in the books. Your characterisation is very good, and I particularly admire the way that she told Faramir the truth about not being able to have anymore children straight away, and risk being thrown out of the court, when another woman would never have told him, and thus never have risked her place by his side. Éowyn's sheer determination and bravery are the two things which make her one of my favourite characters in the novel. I feel that she brings much more to the story as a whole than Arwen, although both do play significantly different parts in terms of symbolism. Thanks for doing justice to one of Tolkien's best loved characters.
Your portrayal of Faramir is also commendable. He is exactly the man you speak of. He is caring, loving, and has enough bravery to get by. He was never tempted by the corruption of the ring, and only ever holds out for one thing. I'm ecstatic that you're shown this through his willingness to hold out for Éowyn, and his love for her throughout this entire situation. Well done.
I also admire what you've done with both Aragorn, and Eomer. Both retain their roles as storng, supportive men, but take back roles in this story. It's nice to see aragorn as a strong background character who loves Arwen, and not some guy who sleeps around with everyone's favourite elf. Don't get me wrong, I've got no problems with slash, but somehow, I don't think the context would fit with this story, and I think the detail you're putting in to even Arwen and Aragorn's minor relationship is beautiful.
I look forward to seeing how our loving couple cope with raising twins, and seeing how their other son feels about being ignored (if indeed, he is), for the two girls.
I'm also contemplating how easy it would be for Faramir to stick by Éowyn's disability to have more children if any of his children were to die. From the way you've portrayed his love for them, I think he'd find it extremely difficult. However, that's another thought for another day!
Once more, a top class story from you, and I'm looking forward to reading your next chapter - I'm sure it'll be a wealth of good quality stuff, and I'm waiting for some more suspense and cliffhanger scenes.
Have a nice day, Flick-chan :)
Mallorn Took chapter 4 . 2/7/2004
*desperatly struggling not to cry as eyeliner will run* what makes me truly sob is happy endings after near tragedies or tragic events... *sigh* beautiful writing, wonderful, believable dialouge (something I have never been able to do)... awaiting an update!
Spreet chapter 4 . 2/7/2004
Beautiful, I hope you update soon, this story is well done and a pleasure to read.
Thanks
Crimson chapter 4 . 2/7/2004
"I do believe these two girls already have your devoted allegiance. Given a few years, I fear they shall be as spoiled as week-old milk."
He considered this, but dismissed it with a chuckle. "Is it not a father's prerogative?"
Oh yeah. He's hooked. These girls got it made. They'll never have to fight with their older brother for the car keys. They'll win by default. And whenever Mom says "no," all they have to do is go find Dad for a second opinion. Forget about looks - a girl's best natural advantage in life is having a softy for a father!
I'm interested in this mysterious "medicine" Aragorn used to heal Eowyn. Was this a sort of deus ex machina or was there really such a cure that was used in more primitive times? I don't imagine the operation known as a hysterectomy came into practice until much more recent times, but I'd been interested to know if I'm wrong. Please enlighten us. And, of course, no worries if it was just a clever "medical" plot device to keep her alive.
Frodo3791 chapter 4 . 2/7/2004
From fear to happiness back to fear and then eventually bouncing back to happiness... wow, Eowyn's child birthing was quite a ride. You captured the emotions well in a relitively small piece. Another chapter, you say? Can't wait!
-Frodo
Frodo3791 chapter 1 . 2/7/2004
I just read this first chapter, and though I usually don't read much Faramir and Eowyn stories after the Lord of the Rings, I really enjoy this one and will definitly continue to read it. You've already put in the suspense and drama that's making me go on to the next chapters as we speak. Awesome job.
-Frodo
ash007 chapter 1 . 2/7/2004
great story
me chapter 4 . 2/7/2004
Its 5:10 am and I have to work in 35min.I'm not even ready but I had to write and tell you how much I enjoy this story. ok gotta go.
Spacepirate chapter 4 . 2/7/2004
Well, I'm finally caught up. It's wonderful. Really. Very emotional. You've done a great job and I look forward to more.
Spacepirate chapter 2 . 2/7/2004
Chapter two was so heartbreaking. I loved the scene with Eomer and his nephew. And the last line of this chapter... ::sobs!::
Christine chapter 4 . 2/6/2004
Yay! She lives! *happy dance* But aw... how cute! I bet that Faramir would be the perfect spoiling father... ahhaha
Great Job!
Ariadre chapter 1 . 2/6/2004
This is an incredible story! I love the way that you portray Faramir and Eowyn- and the ending made me cry. Please continue!
Angel Maxwell chapter 3 . 2/6/2004
Oh! I can't wait for the rest of this! I find it very fortuitous that you are publishing your first LOTR fic now, when I am very deeply engaged in Middle Earth. And it's about my favorite couple! Sigh... as illogical as it seems sometimes I feel like you write stories just for me. I guess we just have very similar tastes. You're STILL my favorite fanfic author in the universe.
love, Angel Maxwell
Eokat chapter 4 . 2/6/2004
This is so emotional and sweet. Thank goodness Eowyn is all right or I feel you would have had a lot of angry reviwers at your throat, judging by reading their comments. And another chapter to come also, what .
The Lost Guava chapter 4 . 2/6/2004
YAY!She's not dead! Faramir is such a great dad! As always this is a really great chapter. Post soon! I hope that you continue the story so that the girls grow up. Not saying go through every aspect of their lives, but i think it would be neat if you went into their adult lives. well, keep going with your sotry the way you want it to go. i love the way it is!
88 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »