Reviews for Family Business
Herdcat chapter 1 . 11/27/2013
I just found this story and I wanted to say that it is beautiful - Talia was such an underdeveloped character particularly at the end - and you have Bester down to a T - it was an absolute pleasure to read - one of the best stories I have encountered in this fandom :)
scrimshaw chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
Excellent take on the Talia Winters situation, well-written and plotted. Your depiction of Bester was quite accurate, you avoided the usual "pure evil" depiction and focused instead on his charm, wit, and utter devotion his people. This was a satisfying "what if" installment.
Andraste chapter 1 . 5/26/2004
Thank you for reminding me this existed - I'm not sure if it came out before I hit the end of Season Two or if I was just busy that week, but I'm glad I've finally read it *g*.
The idea of Talia neither dissected nor restored to her former self is an intriguing one. It's interesting to speculate on how much of her current personality is a mirror image of Talia's, gaining stability by her desire to put her former existance behind her.
Soledad chapter 1 . 3/13/2004
Now, this is a great idea. I always found it a waste that Talia Winters was never used again, not even mentioned save once, after the actress had left the show.
I'd very much like to see what "Fiona"'s later fate would be. What she would asked to do for Bester. Where she would end up, after Sheridan won.
Little Red chapter 1 . 3/6/2004
Oh... *wow.* I love Talia, and I waited for the entire rest of the series for her to come back as The Best Villain EVER and I have never read anything so awesome relating to her Control personality before. I'm in six kinds of awe. I love how you made her a real person but one that's evidently incomplete... and how you make it seem like some of Talia did survive but not in any evidently salvageable way... and the way you describe Bester and the Corps and really... just... WOW. SO. GOOD. Thanks :) - Little Red
mimi6 chapter 1 . 2/5/2004
I like how well you capture the personality of Bester, and how you use knowledge from the novels as well as from the series. I hope you decide to add more to this chapter.
BetaReject chapter 1 . 2/3/2004
This was a really chilling tale I enjoyed the undertones of their discussion how they try to trick the other one into breaking I only wish it was longer so we can see what happens next (cause you got my curiosity peaked)
Harry2 chapter 1 . 2/3/2004
Sounds like Bester suspects the manipulations of the Shadows already! Be very careful Mr. Bester. Your creation may come back and bite you when you least expect it!