Reviews for Possessionem Regis
Nameshaper chapter 5 . 1/18
Though this could be counted as a conclusion, I would still love to see the true one you probably planned but never wrote. That said, thank you for sharing this with us. It was a lovely read. I specially loved this one for the descriptions of life after the series, and the family Ryou made for himself.
spiteful mint chapter 5 . 7/29/2014
Every time I read this it makes me cry.
Birdeee chapter 5 . 8/6/2013
I adore this story so much.
phantomworks chapter 5 . 9/10/2012
so sad! I read this on someone else's word and now i feel like crying!

i thought that you played out their characters very well, even up until the end. It was sad that Bakura had to go and that Yugi had to die. I feel like Ryou was left with a half life at the end

I almost want an eppilogue where he meets up with Bakura in the afterlife, but i'm pretty sure that wouldn't end well.

Great story!

phantomworks, off.
bakuracult chapter 5 . 5/17/2012
This was such an interesting story! I love your portrayal of each character.
KoraKat chapter 5 . 2/5/2012
...Beautiful.

I loved it.

Write more :]
TexasDreamer01 chapter 5 . 11/25/2010
i always did wonder what happened to ryou and bakura when they weren't in an episode. this seems fitting.

brittney
TheWammy'sHouseReject chapter 5 . 8/8/2010
holy cow, that was an amazing piece of writing. and somehow, you manage to get a little sympathy in for bakura as well toward the end. plus, it's a nice bonus that ryou isn't a spinless whimp like people usually make him out to be. nice job :D
TheWammy'sHouseReject chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
this is exactly what i imagined a relationship between these two would be like.
a fan chapter 5 . 6/29/2010
Damn, this actually made me cry.

Haven't read yu-gi-oh fic in forever, mostly since it's so hard to find good quality fiction in this fandom. So, when the mood struck me to try it out again, I had no great expectations. Thanks for proving me wrong!

The mindfuck of the first chapter hits home perfectly. You've got an awesome take on Ryou, and his voice is amazingly well-written. Bakura's simple, clean purpose was also quite a catching read.

The way you pulled off the other three chapters is impressive in that I understand how difficult it can be to follow their relationship to its rather tragic conclusion (not that a happy ending could have been envisioned for the gut-wrenching relationship that you portrayed as a premise).

Fifth chapter took the cake, since I've never read an epilogue that actually worked in all the fandom,, not just in this particular ship. And this one has such a realistic view on Ryou's fragile, dishonest psychological mechanisms!

This fic reminded me why I loved the dynamics between Ryou and Bakura so much in the first place: that jerky co-dependence, the clingy, possessive duo with their relationship broiling them alive in all its unhealthy, self-destructive glory.

So let me thank you for the awesome read. Will now go re-read the first chapter, since I already miss the creeps and shivers it gave me.
leslie chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
This is probably the most realistic tendershipping fanfic i've read.
Filljigahasdfawitt chapter 2 . 5/21/2010
I want to say how much I've enjoyed this so far. You have Ryou and Bakura hauntingly REAL, moreso than the vast majority of other fics. Your portrayal of their relationship is plausible and tangible, and the dynamic between the two is exactly how I imagine any sexual relations between the two would be. Everything is subtle enough, and yet DIRECT enough. Most fics where Bakura overpowers Ryou in a show of dominance end up seeming forced to me, but this, this is perfect. I'm sure I'll love the rest of it as well.
Akatsuli Fate Chan chapter 5 . 3/21/2010
Aw the ending was so sweet :) Buthe other bits were evil, evil baku!
Penname Dexter chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
I'm completely lost for words.

You present the characters wonderfully, you narrate beautifully and I can see nothing to be questioned about your spelling, your grammar or your punctuation. I loved it for that.

I love the use of Latin and the way you just TELL us what happened. What happened, why it happened. It was honestly the best piece of fan-written fiction I have ever read.

Just: really fantastic. This is what we are fans of this show for. The core of the love for the Yu-Gi-Oh pairings. 3
ani chapter 5 . 11/6/2009
it's so strange to find someone who'd actually go this in-depth on both ryou and bakura, but wow! not only did you get bakura's cunning and ryou's torment across, but you also managed to get their relationship across on the same level as yugi and yami's in canon. this is the sort of fanfic an writer dreams of making!

and it's nice to see someone else realizes bakura would never truly be gone. he fractures his soul into so many pieces and possesses ryou even without the ring, losing in memory world wouldn't end it.