Reviews for Wine, a Constant Proof

awesome story.
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
Hoorah.
namjai chapter 1 . 2/16/2006
Okay, I'm a little slow in doing so, but I read this in response to that "Review my fics" meme you had on LJ. I just finished and I'm going to go watch CSI very soon, but before that starts, I had to come here and *immediately* add this to my favorites list. Then the plan is to go over to LJ after CSI and post there my big long ramble about how much I loved this story and what I loved about it, but in the meantime...

Gah! I loved this so much!
TiKadie chapter 1 . 7/7/2005
I absolutely love this.

I could list all the reasons why, but, I'm a little ... what's the word? Awestruck? right now.
The Die Hard chapter 1 . 12/23/2004
Damn, I can't believe I didn't review this the first time I read it. I must have just been too awestruck. Some deeply scary stuff in here - having to use a machine to take the place of your own mind would terrify anyone. For Lex it had to be the ultimate insult. And what happened to Chloe shouldn't happen to a dog. And yet some wonderfully touching and caring moments in these people that you've made very real - Pete's family, Lex's simple wondering acceptance of Clark's Otherness, a Smallville not so much to be run away from after all. Just a beautiful, beautiful read, the mundane made special to everyone.
Crossbow chapter 1 . 9/15/2004
Awesome job!

Specifically:

In most fan fic, the characters could be just about anyone; the story rarely depends on the characters' unique qualities. Usually you could just pick up a story and put it in another fandom without changing anything.

One of the coolest things is that if it were anyone but Lex Luthor, it would be totally unbelievable that he could run the company and act normal while he was going through all that - but it works because what he's already been through on the TV show would have destroyed a normal person already, so it's believable.
NinkaChild chapter 1 . 3/9/2004
I just have to say this story was Amazing it was so complex and real. Although there were a lot of things left unanswered like did Lex and Clark have a relatioship before he left and when did lex hurt people - it had just enough information and was an amazing read. I was blown away by it.
Nina
Knightm chapter 1 . 2/6/2004
Sending Lionel to his fate by mauling hyenas was very funny and poetic.
Hahahha… I had to tell you that.
Darklady chapter 1 . 2/6/2004
OK. This is just... Brilliant.
You have a SERIOUSLY evil mind - and you put it to work with some seriously superior writing skill and the result is... yeh... hwat I said.
I think what I like best is the sheer *pressure* I could feel as Lex handled his limitations ( dyslyxic - and while that is nowhere near bad - I understand coping skills. This *tastes* right!) Plus the way you kept the dialouge flowing ( and vague inthe real-people-talk sort of way ) so that the punchline 'marrying Ross' seemed neigher implausable, contradictory, or a cop-out.
Fine FINE work.
Thank you.
beaker164 chapter 1 . 2/5/2004
This is a difficult review to write. 99% of this story is absolutely one of the best fan fics I have ever read. So good, in fact, it did what only the very best fics can; it partially redefined how I thought of Smallville and the characters. It is beautifully written, perfectly structured and totally compelling. I couldn't stop reading it from beginning to end.
I don't want to give anything away to potential readers, but I have to say that the end didn't work for me at all. I want to explicitly say that it was NOT for philosophical reasons. It was because the end was incongruous, and came off as a gimmick. Had the same concept been in any way integrated with the rest of the story, it could have worked extremely well. This is really unfortunate, because in every other way, this was such a perfectly conceived and executed story.
Bottom line for other readers this is among the very cream of the crop and virtually every Smallville fan fic reader should treat themselves to this very special fic.
To the author: Thank you for the pleasure of this story. I feel guilty criticizing this in any way, but wanted to give you what might be useful feedback.
Knightm chapter 1 . 2/5/2004
That was a great story and well written.
It was very… very … long it took me two days to read it without any interruptions but it was worth it. Maybe you can do chapters next time to keep it on the first page of this site longer. Kudos...
Rebel Goddess chapter 1 . 2/4/2004
That was superb, fantastic and wonderful. I adored it. You have to keep writing everything. Wow. Poor Lex! That was so funny. LOVED IT! RG.