Reviews for Ophelia's Story
Guest chapter 1 . 10/10/2013
This is absolutely beautiful! I am in love with your telling of Ophelia as well as the style of your writing. ")
Rory4 chapter 1 . 3/19/2007
Okay, first I have to say that I've loved Ophelia for forever. She has to be one of my favorite Shakespeare characters; very intriguing. I really thought you did a wonderful job of capturing the voice of the time period, and of capturing young Ophelia and her relationship with Hamlet, and the downfall and all. I have to say, to me, this was wonderfully written. I absolutely loved it. Ah, and I saw that you mentioned a book that was about Ophelia and saving the selves of adolescent girls, which I've seen. But there's also a new one out that I saw at the book store the other day, and it was fiction, also told in first person a bit like this. I'm dying to read it. Anyway-this was honestly amazing. And going on my favorites list.

-Rory4
Antigone Chaucer of Kells chapter 1 . 7/13/2004
I can't remember everything from Hamlet, I don't know why, probably because it was my first time reading Shakespeare, I was young and on my own, not in a class,

But I thought this was a very well written interpretation of Ophelia's point of view and the ending was perfect - very satisfactory.

P.S. Thank you so much for the review!
em chapter 1 . 3/11/2004
i liked the reinterpretation of ophelia. she really isn't recognized enough. however, what happened to the time hamlet spent in wittenberg? that's a major part of hamlet and ophelia's relationship, because the reader [or viewer] is made to recognize that the major change between them happens when he returns. also, i didn't see anything about hamlet's exile. and personally, i thought the 'herr shakespeare' and maybe the 'poloniusdatter' were pushing it, especially when you name ophelia's mother elizabeth. and the sidenote about the book was a little awkward too. overall though, it's a great rendition. i don't mean to get you down. just some friendly helpful critiscm from someone who can see stuff the writer would look over. :)
Naomi chapter 1 . 2/9/2004
That was a great story, well told. I have finished Hamlet in english class and loved the story of Ophelia, for she is not a major character in Hamlet. Great job. Too bad Stoppard beat us all to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern, they would be great to write about.