Reviews for Vestiges
Never thought of Zelda literally being left behind to rebuild her world. A beautiful and poignant tale of loss, love, and strength.
Zarianwen chapter 1 . 8/3/2014
As of the official timeline we got for the 25th anniversary, this story is actually completely within canon. Funny how that works out!
You did a wonderful job describing the aftermath of the war and Zelda's burden in the restoration of Hyrule.
I always thought it must have been excruciating for her, waiting for Link for seven years. He fought the hardest battles, but he didn't go through the slow and painful death of the kingdom like she did.
I love that no one refers to Link by name. He made enough of an impact that the name need not be specified.
Adding this to my favorites.
sarista wow chapter 1 . 11/30/2013
That... that was credibly beautiful.
Zardor chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
Brilliant :)
qwAEUI chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
This is excellent. Very well written, and I enjoyed it immensely.
sweetnspicy7 chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
Wow.. this is amazing. I never read stories like this on fanfiction, simply because I have no taste for them. But this is different... This is going under my favorites. :)
Dark Lord Link chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
Nicely written, good work!
fitz and dizzyspells chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
I really liked this. The first transition between present and past tense was a little jarring, but in a good way. It certainly caught my attention.

I love vignettes and this was a great example. Nice job!

- Ana
Lil DragonLex chapter 1 . 9/12/2008
Wow. This fic is just wow... Words fail me right now. There are not many, if at all, fics about Zelda after the events of Ocarina of Time and her hardships. Usually people write about Link but they overlook the fact that rebuilding a kingdom is difficult work and not everyone is forgiving. Sometimes it takes more than one lifetime to rebuild. But you managed to tie in her mistakes, inability to instantly grow, and her overcoming hardships well. Plus you did not make her perfect as she is still learn. Very well done.
Yuan18 chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
I read this story on “Grace.” It’s my favorite Legend of Zelda fic. Beautiful language, wonderfully paced, admirable control of the tone and mood. All the little details broke my heart, and I enjoy how the story is sad but subtle enough not to be heavy with angst. Your illustration of and insight into Zelda’s relationships with Sheik, Impa, Nabooru, Link, and (to my surprise and pleasure) Ruto are multi-faceted and thought-provoking. I also appreciate how you are able to be creative with this particular fic without taking it way outside of the Ocarina of Time story.

I reread this story often and every time I love it more. Well done.
fallingskyes chapter 1 . 6/15/2008
This was beauitful. Softly, elegantly, heart-breakingly beautiful. After an era of Majora's Mask, Windwaker and twilight Princess, this story brought me back to the beginning of The Legend of Zelda (for me, at least) and why I loved it so much.

I love the little glimpses into Zelda's life after The End, and I especially love how real everything is, even though it's not so happy. You're writing style is amazing. Thank you for writing this! :D
FabulaEstActa chapter 1 . 12/25/2007
Hey, I can see it's been a while since this was written, but I had to pop in and tell you how much I enjoyed this story. I actually found it on another site, but I had a hunch that I would find it here.

I don't know what to comment on exactly. Usually I leave detailed reviews, but this story is absolutely perfect. Every line draws you in. The plot is realistic and the characterization stellar. I can't imagine anything better. Incredibly well-written. Great job!
earan chapter 1 . 7/2/2007
Wow, this is such a deep insight into Zelda's character. I loved reading every word of this. This story has a poetic feel to it and that's why I'm absolutely in love with it.
LoverOfTheMoon chapter 1 . 7/7/2006
I read this story in Grace a long time ago, and never got the chance to review untill now, but I really wanted to, because I loved it. It was so moving and sad. There really isn't anything else I can add.
Scathelock chapter 1 . 1/28/2005
Great original idea, to think of the ending as a reconstruction of Hyrule instead of magically being reparied by reversing Time. I was touched by the insights and perspectives of the princess that you gave... *sigh* i really like it...