Reviews for A Portrait of the Potions Master
Lilac Rose chapter 20 . 4/12/2013
That was so brilliant. I loved it so much.
Harpoon-toaster chapter 1 . 10/16/2010
Hi _

i really love stories about Severus' childhood (and especially when something stops him from going down the dark path he took in the book. I think he needs a happy ending)

The only thing is that I think snapes mother was Eileen Snape/Prnce, not LeStrange, and his father was Tobias Snape.

but, hey, this is FANfiction :D

I'm going to go read the next chapter now

Harpoon
cammiekaye chapter 20 . 8/7/2007
Great story - I really enjoyed it!
Catmint chapter 20 . 4/20/2006
This is absolutely OUTSTANDING! It's heartwrenching, heartbreaking, overwhelmingly powerful, fantastically written, emotional...Fantastic characterisation and good storytelling style. Painfully believable. I almost cried at various points in this. It's absolutely fantastic and it's going on my Favourite Stories list.

One quibble:

- there's no 'o' in "Imperius"
Zachana chapter 20 . 1/17/2006
Damn you for making me cry! TT

n.n; Just kidding. I simply adored your fanfiction. *Nod nod nod* Keep up the good work!
Karaii chapter 20 . 11/30/2005
I loved the entire thing - it explains so many things, so much about how Snape is and how he grew up...brilliant fanfic, I loved it!

:) Beautiful. Keep it up!
Loreleisealgirl chapter 20 . 6/28/2005
w00t! 10/10! The ending was so good it made me cry *sob*
A.R chapter 20 . 6/9/2005
A very good story. Completely canonical, but a perspective that JKR is unlikely to give us. However, you commendably kept a balanced authorial viewpoint in spite of the Snape filt that was clearly in place. James, Sirius, and Co. were not presented as completely irredeemable bastards, for example. Nor did you sanctify Severus: he is still prejudiced, arrogant, and heartless. And yet you were able to make us sympathize with him, and still understand and support the likes of Mad-Eye Moody.

I don't know that I agree with your imagining of Snape's past - I fail to see why his reversal must always involve a romantic attachment - but your story is reasonable, and very well written.
Huldra chapter 1 . 1/29/2005
Ah, it took me a while, but when I first started reading I couldn't put the story down. I think I was finished about four a.m. this morning, looking in the mirror with bloodshot eyes... I just wanted to inform you how absolutly excelent you write! How you manage to make the images so vivid and real, and the way you manage to give Severus a heart and feelings without once being Out of Character! *Aplauds*
Vertigo chapter 21 . 1/20/2005
I enjoyed this look into Severus' possible past. Poor kid. Poor mother. Thanks. _
Danu3 chapter 21 . 1/17/2005
Omg, that was the absolute bestest best Snape story I have ever read, seriously, ever. You portray him so beautifully, and give him a real reason to be so mean, and you know, that whole thing about him wanting to defeat Vlodemort, and Harry being able to, that's why he hated him, jealousy, I thought about that. I don't know if you believe in heaven or reincarnation (and I don't know if I do either!) but I hope Snape and Jane will meet again somewhere along the road. I hope she understands what he did, and why he had to do it. I hope she forgives him.
Inertia321 chapter 19 . 1/15/2005
A very very great man. And a great author, oh gosh this tory is good! I love it, it's so awesome, I just can't believe it, definitely top five best I've ever read!
Inertia321 chapter 16 . 1/15/2005
That was so sad, I'm still crying, oh God, she's dead, poor Snape. Oh God
Inertia321 chapter 15 . 1/15/2005
OMG, Oh my God, I can't breath, I'm crying. Oh my Gid. OH my God. She's no no no no. Oh God
Inertia321 chapter 14 . 1/15/2005
Oh that's so sad! This is an excellent story, it's so awesome!