Reviews for butterfly in nine laps : mikage
UE chapter 1 . 10/31/2005
i finally read them all on your site (the ubiquitous red really lent the right atmosphere) and i think the shiori, mikage, and kozue ones were my favorite. which is funny cuz i hate shiori and kozue (although i concentrated more on the touga aspects when it came to the former). but kozue. i...well, i reread hers about 4 times and i enjoy her characterization more with each run.

the anthy chapter was tough on me, though. *shivers* i wanted to stop reading but when can i ever resist your writing?

in any case, i wish ruka had his own chapter. i have yet to come across any ruka-centric fics, let alone decent ones. and i also wish you consolidated all the ffnet chapters into one story...makes it easier to favorite them _;;
Saionji's Rose Bride chapter 1 . 6/18/2005
Congratulations! Your fanfic has been selected to be in the Utena Best of Fanfiction C2 Community. It has been chosen because of its quality and or originality in the section of its type. Please feel free to visit the C2 Community in this section.

Saionji's Rose Bride C2 Staff
Life Flower chapter 1 . 6/18/2005
You're very good at characterization. I truly love what you've done with this.
Lime-chan chapter 1 . 6/17/2005
Very good. I'm going to read more!
Lady-Prince Pyro chapter 1 . 8/13/2004
I simply enjoy your use of imagery and detail. and it was nice to see Ruka and Mikage.
Celeste Goodchild chapter 1 . 3/27/2004 It took me ages to get around to reading these stories, and now I'm really wondering why I waited. So far I've only read this and the Saionji one, but the way that they mix and match all the different versions of the story is fantastic! The narrative voice in each is strong and individual, and I particularly enjoyed Mikage's voice. Or Nemuro's voice. [grins] I'm a bit of a Mikage fangirl myself and I'm always in awe of those who can deal with him well. You are definitely in that category.
I also enjoyed the way you dealt with Ruka, playing him off Nemuro this way. The fractured memories of them both, which brought up so many associations with matters and incidents from movie, series and manga, gave the story so much depth and an overhanging atmosphere not unlike a Sword of Damocles, which was great. I really enjoyed reading this. Thank you for writing it.
Rita chapter 1 . 2/22/2004
I always like stories about Mikage, because he's my favorite Utena character. Very well written!
Thorne Scratch chapter 1 . 2/8/2004
I've been following your butterfly series and wondering how you would do this piece in particular, considering their absence- I really like this take you decided on. Mikage's characterization comes across wonderfully in this voice. Plus, Mikage and Ruka at the same time, always a bonus.