Reviews for Acquainted with the Night
Jedi Jesi Jiin chapter 1 . 4/9/2014
A well written piece!
Jedi Master Misty Sman-Esay chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
My aunt had a miscarriage over 35 years ago and it still bothers her. She was about eighteen/nineteen, went to a doctor and when asked admitted that she wasn't married but stated that she wanted the baby. The doctor didn't like it. He gave her a shot and sent her home. Shortly after she arrived she lost the baby. She believes that the doctor gave her something so she would miscarry. Sadly it can never be proved so many years later.

Mara's thoughts on the matter are sad but show a depth about her.
Alexxis T. Swan chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
Yay! She told him!
Rosie Rubix chapter 1 . 12/20/2005
Oh, wonderful. I mean, really well done, not overdone or shied away from, but just right.

*add to favourites*
Saber Girls chapter 1 . 1/24/2005
This is an amazingly touching story, and well written for something dealing with such a touchy issue. I think the rating may be a little low (abortion is pretty strong subject matter for a G rated fic) but I applaud you for daring to deal with real-life issues in the SW universe. By working through problems in 'other worlds,' if you will, people can truly come to understand more about what they actually believe. I also like your use of the symbolism of night, and how Mara finally talks to Luke in the end.

MTFBWY,

Saber Girl Leia
KD Skywalker chapter 1 . 1/10/2005
That was such a touching story!
Kazzy chapter 1 . 2/12/2004
That was beautifully written. It is such a touching story and such a painful subject that you have handled extremely well. The emotions Mara experiences are so true. They fit both her character and her experiences, and adds a side to her that can't be seen in the profic EU. The descriptions and the settings of her child are so beautifully done. One of the loviest things I've had the opportunity to read in a long time. Thank you.
Classic Cowboy chapter 1 . 2/10/2004
that was a beautifully written fic, and a interesting concept.
I'd love to see a possible follow up to this.
excellent work!
Rainey Lennyn chapter 1 . 2/8/2004
Wow, this is fantastic! I absolutely loved it! The narration was perfect!
Jedikma chapter 1 . 2/7/2004
This is a beautifully written, and if I may say, bold story. Clearly you are handling a controversial issue here and while I don't have personal experience in this area, I have read many stories about women who have and I think they all suffer as Mara suffers in this piece. (My heart goes out to them.) This is so sad and moving. The way Mara wonders what her child would look like, etc. I think is so realistic. The fact that she is even more haunted by it now because she is pregnant again is also realistic because her current condition triggers memories of her past transgression. I feel you have posted a poignant piece, something thought provoking, without being preachy.
I also like that Mara tells Luke about it in the end because I think that shows just another step in the evolvement of her character from her former life as the Emporer's Hand to her life as a Jedi and Luke's wife. Also I have no doubt that Luke will rise to this occasion ;) and show great compassion towards her.
The title of this story and the references to the night are wonderful, too. This story is a small one but it has a big impact. Very well done! You are a good writer!