Reviews for At the Black Gate
Stormcutter684 chapter 1 . 2/16
Evil ring! Quit messing with Frodo!
Hey - rlly cool that the cloak could hide them - I never knew that! Man, i rlly need to watch and read LOTR.
I tried reading the books ... It's just - the prologue was sooooooo long! I gave up. *shrugs* )
Mockingbird's Song chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
Great very good feeling I haven't seen the movie scene but I still liked this alot
bethahnee chapter 1 . 4/13/2005
'Not yet, Frodo whispered to the Ring, not yet. You don’t have me yet. I’m still free.'

LOVE that line! *high five*

Anargil _
GreyLadyBast chapter 1 . 9/22/2004
Stories like this are the reason you remain one of my very favorite fan authors around. You rock!

Bast
Silent Game chapter 1 . 8/7/2004
Oi, I just love Frodo and Sam. Such wonderful hobbitses, and you write them so well. :) Very nice little fic.
Leia Wood aka Cascadia chapter 1 . 8/1/2004
"Not yet, Frodo whispered to the Ring, not yet. You don’t have me yet. I’m still free."

A reminder of the constant struggle Frodo had with the Ring the entire journey. I'd never considered that in that particular scene, but you're probably right. :)

Leia
Baylor chapter 1 . 4/13/2004
Don’t follow, Mr. Frodo, he thought desperately… don’t…
A nice echo of Sam's future "Don't go where I can't follow," or at least, that's what I heard. And I really liked Frodo's whispered, "Lady, help us," so much so I wish it had been included in the movie.
Great last line.
Budgielover chapter 1 . 3/20/2004
What a wonderful idea, resulting in a wonderful ficlet! I loved Frodo's thoughts, his longing for rest, even at the price of death. And the ending sentence was perfect. I think you should make this a series.
Regina L chapter 1 . 2/21/2004
Janet, I have been horribly remiss in not reviewing this sooner! What a marvelous expansion of the scene in T-it seems like part of what was filmed. And I loved your characterization of Frodo, still fighting the Ring's pull even as he nears Mordor. A wonderful vignette.
Mish chapter 1 . 2/21/2004
Aw man, I can't believe I forgot to review this! I seem to have that problem at times... -_-;
I love it! I know I say that every time, but it's true! Anything you write just delights me so!
To be in that situation would be quite nerve-wracking. O_O; Makes for a great angst moment, though. ;) Hehe. You did a great job dramatizing the scene. You are so good with the hobbits! :)
Leah Day chapter 1 . 2/12/2004
Hobbit's on the rocks...err...I meant Hobbit's in a rocky situation!
Grouse, mate!
Cantora chapter 1 . 2/12/2004
Don't have time to review as I wish, but wanted to let you know I read it and I think it is lovely! "At least we will die together." Yey Frodo! ::pats Frodo and Shirebound on back::

Well done!
And just to let you know, you were my 50th Reviewer for Grief and Guilt of a Ringbearer! Yey! I have... 51 reviews now... a new record for me!
AirTester chapter 1 . 2/11/2004
yay shirebound! kitty katty here, well done for posting it up! look at all the fantastic praise you've got! that's so good! you most certainly deserve it, i'm still so very grateful that you did this for me, i felt so priviledged. don't ever stop writing, you're so very talented.
Meethrill chapter 1 . 2/9/2004
My god, you keep ... doing this to me! lol. you quickly draw me in like a day with warm sunshine, and soon, I find myself in a soothing cool pool. Your way of writing is still enchanting to me, and still draws me foreward easily. Yet your way of writing baffles me. Why have you not puvlished anything yet! I demend to know why you have not written a novel! And once you do, I would wish to know the name(s) and where, and how much, because I would Most Certainly buy it! *
is my e-mail.
-Meethrill.
Kibeth5 chapter 1 . 2/9/2004
At last - is being kind to me for once...
This is a marvelous vignette! I was gripped by every sentance and loved the whole of it. Your telling of the action that occurs in this scene is incredibly imaginative, and it creates a real sense of excitement and enjoyment for the reader. It was nice to have an insightful look into Frodo's thoughts, too. I especially liked the whisper of "Lady, help us" - it was in exactly the right place. I'm amazed by the things you come up with!