Reviews for Songs of Arda
KERNTKitty chapter 3 . 1/27/2005
You never really see this event from Arwen's POV in most places, but I think this portrays it well. Alas, I have come to the end of your poems! Please post more!
KERNTKitty chapter 2 . 1/27/2005
I also think this one is beautiful! I don't like it quite as much as the last, but that's just my preference. I love the use of 'thee/thou.'
KERNTKitty chapter 1 . 1/27/2005
Beautiful! I think lots of people have gotten a bad impression of Thranduil from the Hobbit. This, however, is quite beautiful and heartfelt. "Wilt thou sail upon the sea/ And never then return to me?" I like that a lot.
southerngirl4615 chapter 3 . 9/22/2004
Absolutely the best poetry I have read in a long time. You put me to shame.
Vana Tuivana chapter 3 . 9/19/2004
Thanks for the reviews, everyone. Especially Donroth for pointing out the major flaw in Thranduil's characterization there- I promise to fix that.

Terachi: God yes. I was a mindless Orli fangirl when the first movie came out and I just *had* to write about Legolas. I feel foolish about that. But I guess it was good, since it got me into fanfic and the Silmarillion, and my life hasn't been the same since. :)
Terachi Kaishaku chapter 3 . 9/16/2004
You seem to like Legolas a lot. I really like your third poem. I wish Arwen had stayed an appendix in the movie...

~Kai
Indille chapter 1 . 8/24/2004
My favourite is the last- I have a deal of admiration for bookverse Arwen, and thus much admiration for those who write her. All three are fine poems- the patterns in all of them make *sense.*
Donroth chapter 2 . 5/31/2004
Getting over the intial shock from reading your gorgeous poetry, I think I can give a decent review now. I never thought that Thraduil or his house were the type to call their realm "Mirkwood". It seems like a form of resignation that would be uncharacteristic of the House of Oropher. Less that little nitpick, I could almost hear the characters sing these songs. )
Donroth chapter 1 . 5/31/2004
Ok. That's it! Gorgeous poetry like this should be removed from ! It makes us mary sue writers cower in our inadequacy. )
Good Queen Vold chapter 1 . 5/19/2004
Wow...nobody writes about Thranduil! Yay for Thranduil!
You are a VERY GOOD poet. Yippee...you write kinda like Shakespeare.
8) This is Brutus. He wears flannel pajamas.
The Bookbinder's Daughter chapter 3 . 5/7/2004
Beautiful. I especially love Thranduil's poem - it's so nice to see him in character for once. There's such a wonderful sense of resignation and gentle regret to his (your) words. Bravo!
Werecat99 chapter 1 . 4/28/2004
I liked that a lot. The words flowed easily, the meter and rhyming was flawless and I think that you have captured the elven perpective in this.
At last, a meaningful Thranduil poem.
Aravan Celegros chapter 3 . 2/26/2004
It is so refreshing to read something else besides mindless Legolas worshipping. Your poetry technique is superb. I would really love to see more in future!
BurningTyger chapter 3 . 2/18/2004
"Teach me to dance, Tinuviel!"
Wonderful...I can actually hear Estel calling out to her like that. I would love to see more of your poetry in the future!
BurningTyger chapter 1 . 2/18/2004
Oh, I love this! It's so nice to see a realistic, fatherly Thranduil...especially after all the fics I've read that malign the poor elven king.
"Though many years thou wand'rest free
Thou art still but a child to me."
Beautiful. Every time I re-read it, another line jumps out at me...excellent, excellent work.