Reviews for The Crossing
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
A great story. Very well written.
Lady Almaren chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
Oh, this is just perfect. Absolutely perfect.
Tani Barton chapter 1 . 8/10/2006
This is absolutely gorgeous. I love the way that Elrond and Frodo can relate so well, and the quiet atmosphere of the entire thing. In particular though, I love the ending, and the hope there. Great job!
Gentle Hobbit chapter 1 . 12/27/2004
I too really liked what I see many of your other reviewers commented on: the chance for Frodo to throw away a ring of power, and for him and Elrond to recognize a fellow-feeling of failure, and homesickness, or... "memory" sickness. I also loved the description of the stars and Frodo's searching for ones familiar to him. Lovely!
Kimberly T chapter 1 . 9/22/2004
One word...

Dark Bat chapter 1 . 8/28/2004
Id like to say "thank you" for this wonderfull sad story.

It came to the right time in year - autumn. Everything seems to go to rest - and so are Frodo and Elrond too.

Again - Thank you.
Am chapter 1 . 8/28/2004
simply beautiful, dien...
Gnomish Librarian chapter 1 . 7/23/2004
It is lovely. A thing of quiet beauty
Aoi Kaminari chapter 1 . 7/16/2004
What a beautiful story! Very Tolkien-like. I'm speakless...

I'm glad I digged this up in a whole bunch of stories.
desevera chapter 1 . 2/15/2004
Sorry not to be more coherent
Beautiful, haunting writing. You capture the wistfullness and seriousness of the Elf Lord particularly well. The passage where they discuss what they will miss from Middle Earth simply took my breath away.
I also liked the fact that you emphasised, without being too heavy-handed, that Frodo heals Elrond quite as much as Elrond heals him. Loved the exploration of that central theme of Tolkien's, that some pains don't end 'happily ever after' and that, in one sense, Frodo did fail. No one is the perfect hero.
I caught something in your portrayal of Frodo's unwanted heroism a shadow of your other fandom, HP! lol. Totally different feel to it, of course, but still that idea of greatness thrust upon someone who considers himself unworthy and never asked for the admiration given him.
Will stop waffling now.
Thanks for a wonderful read,
smirnoffmule chapter 1 . 2/10/2004
Dien, darling, this is beautiful and sad beyond words. It just feels so much like it should fit at the end of RotK. My G. I'm stunned. As you might know, yours is the only LotR fic I read, because so much of it is fangirl dross, but this is... not. _ Oh, I love it. The stars... Sam will follow... You show such a proper understanding of who Frodo is, who Elrond is, even who Sam is, though he's only mentioned, and what the Ring means. And it's beautifully written. It rises and falls with the waves.
alena chapter 1 . 2/9/2004
This is amazingly well-written, and has some wonderful insights also.
Grav chapter 1 . 2/9/2004
This was absolutely fabulous! I really, really love how you talked about Elrond's pain and compared it to Frodo's. Also, I am very impressed by the insight you've written into Frodo's recovery and thought process just before he claimed the Ring. This story was very well written and a pleasure to read.
Elwen chapter 1 . 2/9/2004
My two favourite characters in one story. How could you fail?
But you exceeded my expectations. You wrote a moving and compelling story of two ringbearers . . . two people healing each other.
Thank you.
shirebound chapter 1 . 2/9/2004
This is amazing! I feel as if I've read an additional part of Prof. Tolkien's book appendices, and a missing part of the story has been filled in. Frodo being able to find the beginnings of healing by throwing away a ring of power (even if it wasn't THE Ring) is a unique and creative notion. I consider he and Elrond to be two of the most tragic figures in the trilogy, and it's wonderful to see them working together like this. Marvelous story.