Reviews for The Family Clock
beulah2013 chapter 31 . 6/13/2013
Loved it! Had me totally convinced that it was Jessie, too! But I love that it was Jetty! Never heard from her POV so it's a treat!
beulah2013 chapter 20 . 6/12/2013
WHO was at the door?
beulah2013 chapter 17 . 6/12/2013
Does the point-of-view ever go back to Jessie or does it stay Charlie or does it change again?
beulah2013 chapter 14 . 6/12/2013
What did she do! I have to know! Hope she isn't targeted or in trouble because of what ever she did and I hope that Fudge isn't smart enough to know he was spied on with someone questionable.
beulah2013 chapter 8 . 6/12/2013
Awesomely adorable!
beulah2013 chapter 4 . 6/12/2013
Haha! Gosh, I love Jessie!
lindzabeth chapter 33 . 5/30/2013
Love love love this story! Is it going to eventually catch up to the point where jamesina is (I hope) prego?
son of a peach chapter 33 . 5/29/2013
This is a wonderful piece, I am enjoying it immensely. The story is gooshy and romantic in the best sense. I think I have seen the multiple narrator style a few times, though you handle it quite skillfully, the "historical narrative" conceit is far rarer, one I've only seen in a few books (some of my favorites, actually). Very well done, you have made the world of the fandom your own. Thank you for your writing,
SoaP
kappak chapter 33 . 5/22/2013
you present such a rich and fresh take on everyday wizarding life that I really enjoy. I look forward to your next chapter
em3kitty chapter 27 . 4/24/2013
When you mentioned Murder, it made me think of Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient Express.
Great Job!
Guest chapter 33 . 4/19/2013
It's a pity you wobble around with the accents so much. It skews the voices of the characters and makes their dialogue seem a bit jarred from chapter to chapter. You might think to revise that, if you ever plan on doing an overhaul edit of the whole story.
thespare617 chapter 33 . 4/12/2013
It's kind of you to pass us on to give a friend positive feedback, but I think you should give yourself some credit for those initial positive responses - I don't recall finding your story via recommendation from another, and I started reading this story ages ago. :)
Since I did start reading ages ago, I am thrilled that you are updating again, and since I couldn't quite remember enough, I went ahead and just reread the whole thing. Yeah, I stayed up too late finishing it, but I'd forgotten how excellent it it. Btw, sorry I'm one of those readers that's a lurker, I hardly ever review unless I have something really new to say, or I absolutely love a story. Even then I never review every chapter. Generally that's because I prefer to consider the story from a more holistic perspective.
Anyway, I adore your OCs, and think your presentations of deeper insight or different perspectives on existing characters are also great. I love your story - the pace, the different voices, the various relationships you shed light on... Your writing is of such high quality, not typically found in all published books, let alone in the fanfiction world. I really enjoy reading your work, and I am excited to hear that your friend is motivating you to write more. I don't mind that you have a long outline! I'm happy to hear it, as I know you'll give characters time to develop and the storyline space to arc.
Am I right in thinking you are based in the U.K.? There seems to be more authenticity, I suppose I would say, than most fanfics, especially compared to ones I know to be written by non-UK authors. That or you did your research well. Speaking of research, how on earth do you know and then come up with so much to say about clockmaking?! I'm incredibly impressed every time Jessie or another character launches into detailed discussion of clocks, the components, and clockmaking.
All this to say, YOU are awesome, and I can't wait to get my next chapter notification!
Guest chapter 33 . 4/12/2013
However long this story has been in the making, I absolutely love it. It almost feels like the wizarding world is yours and JK has borrowed bits of it. Shh, I won't tell...
Beloved Daughter chapter 33 . 4/11/2013
I have to say that I:m thrilled to see another chapter update in one week! :)

I really loved how Jessie is handling her new nephew. Cause pity is always undesired. Also, thrilled that Jessie and Charlie are now engaged! - Can't wait for people's reactions to finding out that they are! :)

I would go and read your friend's story but I have to say that I have never gotten into My Little Pony... :(

Please update again soon!
liferscove2118 chapter 33 . 4/11/2013
I always love your updates. I'll probably check out this other persons brony fic after I finish poking at 'greys anatomy'(now that show is long drawn out and I gave the boot to watching it at the beginning of season 6).

again great update.