Reviews for The Family Clock
He-who-must-eat-chocolate chapter 32 . 4/8/2013
Love the pony reference, made me laugh
Autumn chapter 31 . 2/24/2013
So...I started reading this with no clear idea of what it was about, where it was going, or even what fandom it was. (I'd been reading quite a lot of Naruto fanfiction and I was thoroughly confused when I started reading about magic, wizards and witches instead of chakra, ninja and bijuu.) So you'll understand why I wasn't really expecting much out of this story, really, other than a mild diversion to help me get to bed. I must say that I'm thoroughly impressed, however. Your characters are so well thought out and human and alive that I couldn't help but read through the entire story, with short (Very short. Infinitesmally short, in fact. I barely stopped to eat, and it's a good thing I didn't have work today, because I'd definitely have missed that.)...and I've forgotten where I'd left off. Damn.

I suppose I should break this up for readability, so I've started a new paragraph. I love Jamesina. I love her job, I love her spirit, I love her latent ability for politicking, I love that she's a virgin and yet still manages to be openminded about sex, I love that she's so insightful and yet oblivious to the people around her, I love that she's so willing to protect her family and friends and that her family isn't perfect but she deals with it, I love that she isn't perfect by any measure of the word and that's what makes her perfect. At the risk of sounding like an utter, utter fangirl, I absolutely cannot wait to read more of this - I need to know how this story continues, and howit ends.

And now that I've waxed poetic (well, sort of...) about my love for your character, let me mention that I really like the way you've started switching perspectives in the middle. It gives me a chance to get to know the other characters better and enhances the story, because now, instead of being primarily concerned about Jessie and Charlie, I have all of these other characters that I'm invested in, whose stories I can't wait to see play out. My favorite was Sam and Ian, but James and Sarah have just blown them completely out of the water. I can't wait to read more about them - even if it's second- or third-hand anecdotes again. Their story is so...it made me tear up a little, and I almost never cry. It was especially strong when Sarah admitted that she'd married James so that she could treat him, partially because of Siobhan but largely because of pride, because that's real, it's something I could see happening, and that it's turned out half so well as it did is a testament to your ability to write. So, yeah. I really really like your fic. I can't wait to read more. :)
Erysima chapter 31 . 2/13/2013
Okay, maybe it was because I had to speed read this (supposed to be studying), but was I crazy or was this chapter in her great-grandmother's POV?

O_O
Eskaybe4 chapter 31 . 1/21/2013
Wow! What a wonderful story. I am so very glad that you have started to write again because your story is so creative and entralling that not having more would be a dying shame.

I liked all of the characters and thought that the way the watch terms and references were incoropated into the story and dialog were brilliant1

Thanks for sharing,

Sandra
jilumasam chapter 31 . 1/4/2013
Love this story, sometimes the challenge is working out who is "writing" the chapter...

Keep up the good work.
MadelynPai chapter 31 . 12/29/2012
I love your story! and the briliant chapter 31 fits the past to the present so well.
AloHola94 chapter 5 . 12/21/2012
Awesome story!I really injoy youur style of writing aknd most say Im surprised about how much I've gotten into it. Normally, I need ankd action, plotty story to keep my atention, but even though the events in this story are very, every day kind of things, it is still described ink such a way that makes you want to keep reading.
Ohhh, something I cought by accident, nearly missed it:
"she's the one who showed us that if you turn off the lights and bite the wintergreen ones really hard with your mouth open, you can see green sparks"... How can you bite with your mouth open? Can you teach me? :)
2ndsly chapter 31 . 12/20/2012
lol
That ending caught me off guard. Things sounded just *slightly* off throughout, but stayed *just* close enough thatI didn't Really expect the pov surprise.

Judging by some of the reviews, you just Might have been little Too subtle.

I love this story.
Vaughn Tyler chapter 31 . 12/20/2012
nice
Sashi-Dice chapter 31 . 12/17/2012
My husband swears I've got a sigh of complete contentment that I only use when I finish a chapter of this story. I KNOW I've got a dopey grin reserved for updates - that and I'll put anything aside to read it, including missing my bus to work (that would be this morning). I love the masterpiece from Jetty Tickes' (or her portrait's) perspective, and I ADORE that you've told us how Jessie's masterpiece went. Yep, as Holiday gifts go, this was Hanukkah and Christmas all wrapped up in a high honours blue band. Thank you!
Niana Kuonji chapter 31 . 12/17/2012
So this chapter was her grandmother's? Since the portrait speaking was painted in 1919 (during a world war) it would have to be, wouldn't it. Sounds like Jamesina takes after her female relatives quite a bit at that. :) The only part I did not understand was the bit of blue in the oak regarding the frame of the second Jamesina's portrait.
Beloved Daughter chapter 31 . 12/17/2012
Thanks for the chapter update, even if it is short. It's certainly chock full with stuff though. So... if I understood correctly, she took her masters, got high honors, then automatically got married to Charlie when he took her hand?

Please update again soon! :)
GenJordan chapter 31 . 12/17/2012
Squee! Happy holidays!
MollysSister chapter 31 . 12/17/2012
And what a wonderful Christmas gift this is! I like how Jess focused on her feelings of Charlie while she was sitting her test, making the watch for him, putting her love into the work. Brilliant!
xXMizz Alec VolturiXx chapter 31 . 12/16/2012
soooo good! definitely worth the wait! I can not wait for the next chapter to come out! I really like the design for the watch! It sounds utterly beautiful and perfect. Keep up the fantastic work!
846 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »