Reviews for The Family Clock
Parrot Post chapter 30 . 12/4/2012
I like it. Its really interesting to read about a witch who isn't as involved in the prophecy and hogwarts. Please dont kill off one of the twins though :'(
Rosamond chapter 29 . 11/29/2012
I am so happy you're continuing this story! I found it a few months ago, loved it, but thought it'd remain this lenght for a really really long time, so these chapters have come as a pleasant surprise once I stumbled across this lovely story again! I have to say I haven't read anything quite like it before. You also managed to interest me in watches and how they work... :)
Minstead chapter 28 . 11/24/2012
Just like to point out that at the beggining you said 'petites'. However it should be 'petits' as Paul isn't a girl. When you have a group of people that contains a boy you always conjugate it with masc. Sorry to be pernickety, but I hope this helps.
biblioholic chapter 30 . 11/21/2012
Cute and very stepmom-blunt chapter. I love how we readers got a glimpse into the backstory.

I can't wait till the next chapter where I'm sure Jessie will go and face her numerous suitors, how could anything go wrong.

Rate 8.49/10
mdruddy chapter 30 . 11/21/2012
I loved this chapter! I've been following this story for ages, and check it periodically for updates... Might I ask if "that dreadful one about the hamster" is perhaps "Hamster Huey and the Gooey Kablooey"? ;)
xXMizz Alec VolturiXx chapter 30 . 11/20/2012
yay you finally updated! soooo good of a chapter! i'm in love please keep up your wonderful writing! love how sarah is so blunt about safe sex etc! lol keep it up!
deitarionSSokolow chapter 30 . 11/19/2012
Given that you're using "Fräulein" and mentioning the ländler, I worry you might be getting your cultural references from The Sound of Music. (Speaking of which, according to Wikipedia, the ländler is also popular in south Germany, german Switzerland, and Slovenia)

While I'm not much better, I can tell you one very important detail you may not know. Since the 1970s, "Fräulein" has been dying out in Germany and, to quote Wiktionary, "use by younger speakers may be considered offensive." ("Frau" has moved from being equivalent to "Mrs." to being "Ms." to "Herr"'s "Mr.")

It'd be perfectly plausible for German wizarding culture to be behind the times on this but, if you didn't know, better to be aware of what impression you might be giving if you have any younger speakers say it without offending.

That aside, a very nice chapter and definitely well worth the wait.
crownedwithstars7 chapter 30 . 11/19/2012
Great chapter! Would I be correct in assuming you have some medical background? I'm 6 months short of being a pharmacist so I recognize some medical lingo in there... lol. I'm amazed at your variety of language. "The precautionary arts" discussion made me laugh! That's likely the most round-about, eloquent way I've ever heard that subject phrased and discussed. Sarah Tickes is quite the interesting mother.
Dalia Inscription chapter 30 . 11/19/2012
I am so happy you updated! I'm loving Jessie's stepmother and I can't to read about her sitting for her masterpiece!
MontglaneChess chapter 30 . 11/19/2012
Jessie's step mum is bloody brilliant! The levels of politicking among clockmakers remains quite interesting, although I do feel bad that she keeps having to turn down marriage proposals (so Austen!) Was ever so pleased and pleasantly shocked to see a new chapter turn up in my inbox this morning! Such a wonderful way to ease into Thanksgiving. :D
Beloved Daughter chapter 30 . 11/19/2012
SO happy you updated! You just made my day! Yay! Loved the chapter update! I especially loved the dance Charlie and Jessie shared. So romantic! Especially the commentary, hehe.

Can't wait for another chapter update! :)
GenJordan chapter 30 . 11/19/2012
*bounces around* Yay, update!

Ghods, I love this story and seeing an update always makes me happy... until I'm done reading, and I'm sad because there's no more. Like now.

*Sad kitty in snow face*
tryingtobestine chapter 30 . 11/19/2012
I just had to read this as soon as I saw it in my mail, even though I'm studying for an exam coming up in a couple of days and finishing some assignments for another class as well. I really wanted to read this right away, and read the chapter 28 & 29 as well, because this is an awesome story that's so different from the others out there, and you know that.

I was not disappointed. At all.
Jupp chapter 30 . 11/19/2012
so glad you found your way back to this delightful tale
Mona Ogg chapter 30 . 11/19/2012
Your story has a lovely feel to it. It takes me a few paragraphs to get into new chapters after a long wait, but it's always a lovely surprise, and I absolutely love your original characters. I'm glad you're still updating this story!
846 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »