Reviews for The Family Clock
SaintClaire chapter 10 . 12/1/2014
Wow. That Sev- got me as well, for a second and a half. Nice job.
SaintClaire chapter 8 . 12/1/2014
hahahaha love the egg debate!
SaintClaire chapter 5 . 12/1/2014
the dragon skin watches are SUCH A GOOD IDEA!
SaintClaire chapter 4 . 12/1/2014
Haha, the female decorating squad! I think Charlie is a nice guy for her, I want to read what happens!
SaintClaire chapter 3 . 12/1/2014
Love how Jessie is such a fully developed character
SaintClaire chapter 2 . 12/1/2014
I had this fic recommended to me quiet a while ago, from someone who based a fic on Jessie. I'm only sad I didn't follow her advice sooner. This is talent in writing, and has made my evening.
SaintClaire chapter 1 . 12/1/2014
pretty damn well!
annagroups0 chapter 34 . 11/30/2014
Hi there,
I'm enjoying your story very much for its great world building, your characters and the great writing. ok, the characters may be a bit too perfect sometimes, but I can definitely live with it :) I actually read the first 30 chapters in one go, I enjoyed it so much!
There is only one thing that, in my opinion, breaks the immersion into your story. There are way too many muggle references in everyday things. I often have to remind myself that this is supposed to take place in the Harry Potter world. A couple of examples in this chapter are the Cadbury (why not Honeydukes?) and the Kleenex (the character's use of the brand name implies that it's culturally ingrained and this just isn't realistic). You do have references to spells in everyday life, but still, the casual use of muggle words, locations and ideas is rather jarring.

Thanks for writing and posting this story.
Peggy chapter 34 . 11/15/2014
This is one of my fav orate stories ever! And I'm so glad that I decided to reread it as new chapter! :D
Thanks so much for putting the time and effort into writing this :D it's definitely appreciated
kappak chapter 34 . 11/10/2014
I am so happy to have read this next chapter. I always enjoy your updates.
karmenhyne chapter 30 . 11/9/2014
I have to stop on this chapter and comment on something that’s been bothering me for a while. It’s not a big deal compared to a lot of other things, but the implausibility of it kept nagging at me, so I thought I’d bring it up. If it was mentioned already in an earlier review, I apologize. The problem in question is Jessie's age and the timeline in general. She's consistently said to be twenty, but she was in the same year as Fred and George, and, in an earlier chapter, Charlie said that she is three and a half months younger than they are. The thing is, the twins must be eighteen or so when they left Hogwarts in May of 1996, since they were apparating around at the beginning of OOTP (August 1995), and they could only do that by getting their licenses once they turned seventeen. We're still in 1996, if only later on in the year—I suspect sometime between July and December 31st. Except for this: when Charlie met her, it was close to her birthday. If she was three and a half months younger, her birthday would have fallen in the middle of july—as the twins’ were in April, and even then, she would have just turned eighteen, not twenty. Now you could disregard the three months younger thing and keep her at age twenty, but that means she would be a year or so older than they are, so she would not even be in their year. That means, then, that she would have graduated before Umbridge came to Hogwarts. It doesn’t work, because she was clearly there. There is one more thing. In the first chapter, Jessie mentioned that the twins set up shop for a year before she came to Diagon Ally. I assume by “a year” you mean a year after they flew out of Hogwarts? I don’t think they could have done it before then. Anyway, after she came, a whole bunch of stuff happened: her grandfather got ill, she was left to mind the shop on her own for several months, her grandfather got better but won’t return to the shop so she redecorate (and the girls came to help so it must have been summer), and then Charlie Weasley appeared on the scene a few weeks before her birthday. That would have taken another seven or eight months since she began working at Diagon Ally, I presume. So, it would have been one and a half years later since OOTP, roughly. That would probably make the whole nineteen/twenty year old age work, but it wouldn’t be 1996 anymore. It would have been 1997, and Dumbledore would have already died. Magical Britain would already be far into the war, and Harry and his friends would have disappeared from the radar. The problem is that as of this story, we’re still in HBP, and HBP happens between 1996/1997. Whichever way you look at it, something isn’t working. Does that make any sense? I hope it does, because I’m all sorts of confused. Am I missing something that explains all of this? Or, am I correct in assuming that this was just a continuity error due to the length and the years it takes to write this story? Because I can totally understand that. It has been over ten years since it was first posted, after all. And canon has changed quite a bit since then. Apologies if any of this is incoherent or incomprehensible.

Don't get me wrong. Just because the timeline is weird, doesn't mean this story isn't fascinating. I'm one of those people who have reservations about OCs in general, but I think this is one of the very few stories with them that I can tolerate, even like. I'm very intrigued by this world you've created. There is so much going on, and I think you're doing amazingly well depicting it all. Mind you, I've not looked at it closely enough to poke wholes at it yet. I don't even think I can. The only reason the timeline issue bothered me is because it's so obvious. To me, anyway.

Okay, I'm done rambling. I'm going back to reading now.
son of a peach chapter 34 . 10/24/2014
I am deliriously glad to see you continue this. This story remains one of my all time favorites, and a clear example of how a fan-fiction story can take the world offered by the source material and make it entirely it's own. Thank you so much for writing,
SoaP
themelissamajoria chapter 34 . 10/18/2014
Squeeeeeee! I knew it! I love this story. I have been reading it Forever and it never fails to entertain. I'm so glad you're continuing to update!
In stitches chapter 16 . 10/5/2014
Oh my gosh hahaha. Handcuffs that make you orgasm. That is just to much really. Poor poor Charlie can be so very slow can't he.
llyfr1 chapter 34 . 10/4/2014
What a fantastic story, and absolutely perfect characterization! I'm really enjoying seeing the canon characters from a totally different perspective, and you've done a marvelous job giving realistic back-stories to minor canon characters, and your originals are fanTAStic. I can't wait to see where the rest of this story goes - thank you so much for sharing this with all of us!
846 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 .. Last Next »