Reviews for Summer Lightning
Belle Bayard chapter 10 . 4/7/2005
Wonderful epilogue to a truly remarkable story! You did it again, showing an absolutely wonderful Celeborn and an excellent Galadriel. Very much in character and with appropriate responses to such a confession.
MelanyeBaggins chapter 10 . 3/30/2005
*blink* I just found out you finished this! I was wondering if you'd abandoned it or not, but I was quite pleasantly suprised that you hadn't! Good job! It was such a pleasant read...thank you for sharing!
Larian Elensar chapter 10 . 3/6/2005
I cheated and looked to see what others said before I reviewed, because well, some of them say it so much better. I also love your Celeborn and Galadriel, they seem to know so much about each other, and yet, they still have some mystery between them that gives them a tension...an exciting tension. Well done.
perelleth chapter 10 . 3/5/2005
Wonderful! See, I... happened here and got engaged..it's wonderfully written and so lovely done (and oh so exquisitely full of detail, let's get to the point! ;-) I'd read "climbing telperion" in OEAM some time ago, .. but had not tried the previous story.. Do you think he'll ever dare tell Galadriel of the rest of it all? ;-) Anyway, glad to have gone through this one, it's a nice love story, full of care, felings and hot sex. Good recipe!
Kalima chapter 10 . 2/24/2005
I loved the part where Celeborn moved away from the "fatal drop when discussing a subject so fraught with emotion." Exquisitely put.

I loved that he kept the feather (and it seemed such a beautiful gift, a perfect choice on your part, it being part nature and part artifice of the gifter). I wondered at the enchantment that preserved it, and thought how you expalined no further was good.

I find it a little odd that could be married (and you imply it's been a very long time by her reference to the relationship of Elu and Celeborn was over twenty thousand years ago) and she not know how, when, and where he was born-on the March and not in Doriath.

Oh, the copyedit stuff I cannot keep out of such things: "Warth and freshness"? Do you mean warmth and freshness? (RE: Galadriel) Hearts assurances-I think you mean heart's assurances. And role model instead of "role modle." And the part where C. is talking: "...only Calaquendi in the whole of creation, were Elu, Finwe and Ingwe." I'd drop the comma after "creation." Lastly, you accidently have a comma ending a sentence (and paragraph) at '...said Galadriel disapprovingly,'

I totally loved the part "...even if you will be speaking to me by the end of it." "Of course I will," she said, and he reflected that of course she would say that now, and of course it would mean nothing at the end.

Perfect. Also perfect for me was the 'He nodded, and did not tell her that it was nothing like that, no comparison would be made, not ever had been. She was too braced and shocked to hear it.'

And of course, we all understand that when she thinks on it, she finds the thought of Elu and Celeborn together making her, well, flushed. It pained me (as you intended) when Celeborn is in pain as he gives the feather to Galadriel. I loved that she puts it in his hair. Yes, he would look somewhat savage (like my Cherokee ancestors!) and absolutely hot. What a perfect gesture for her to make. His reaction is perfect too. I am overusing the word perfect.

There. I'll say it again. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Your touch is deft and subtle. I'm gald you have referred to other things you've written. I'll get to them soon.
Liriel Peredhil chapter 10 . 2/22/2005
Oh, well, I told you already how much I like this story. And it really found a wonderful ending! I never liked Slash before - but now I could see that there *are* well and sensibly written examples of it. Thank you for that!
JastaElf chapter 9 . 2/16/2005
Dear GOD did I miss a chapter? I must have done, because I would remember reading this! My GOD! This is so gut-wrenchingly gorgeous! I can feel every iota of emotion-and that is much, and it hurts because I don't have anyone who would even *remotely* be able to make me feel that way! But it hurts in a good way! (grin)

SO gorgeous, so beautifully described... Ai! Just wonderful! Thank you SO incredibly MUCH!
JastaElf chapter 10 . 2/16/2005
Oh dear GOD, you've got me crying... that is so flipping beautiful! What a wonderful, tense, unexpected, poignant and lovely ending to your marvelous, superb story!

I just adore your Celeborn-but I adore your Galadriel as well. She's so strong and yet so vulnerable deep down inside, and it's HIM that touches her vulnerable parts and keeps them safe, making them into something special and sacred... Just wonderful! I envy them both the love they have for one another.

Sigh. Good to know there are happy endings for some difficult couples. (grin) Thank you SO much for this wonderful story!
Redheredh chapter 10 . 2/16/2005
*sigh* What a perfect ending! (Or should I say after ending? ;D) I am so glad you added this last chapter - and finally posted the other stories that go with this one.

You write with such gorgeous language and imagery that is so emotionally evoctive and uh... warming(?)... yeah, that! A deeply enjoyable and erotic tale. Why WHY! don't you write a het story? Not that I'm beggin'... I never beg... whine and plead on occasion... *sigh*
Kalima chapter 9 . 1/13/2005
Ah, "Celebdil," you guys are the best. I give you my own "Best Erotica of Fanfiction Ever" Award. I forget who said she'd like to print out Dark Leaf and roll around on the pages, but I'm feeling that way about your story. I'm thinking it'd be nice not to be doing the rolling alone, in this case.

So satisfying. The details, the passion, and the love is beautifully done. I'm afraid to read more because I know you take the story to later years where the two are not alone, but you are too addictive for me to leave it be, so write on!

The blurb below says to comment on an aspect that could be improved. All right, if I must: "Feeling" is spelled with two e's, not three. You have an extra period here: ' ...refuse to assuage it.?' An extra comma appears in ' ...of innocence, he murmured,,'You would not hurt me, you could not.' And you missed a quotation mark: 'More, he gasped out, frowning a little ...'

Stuff like that. You know I cannot keep myself from the copyediting. The content I would not touch for anything.
Belle Bayard chapter 9 . 12/24/2004
Beautiful and well worth the wait. No wonder Celeborn was so distraught when Doriath fell and Thingol with it. Even though they moved on to others, surely the love they shared must have bound them for all time. Thank you so much for this wonderful story.
Larian Elensar chapter 9 . 12/23/2004
I've probably said this before...but NO...you cannot make me fall in love with Thingol too! (ack! too late!)

Darnit! I already have enough elves to obsess over!

And now I'm beginning to think that Elu and Celeborn really are one true pairing...*Grin*
Setare chapter 8 . 6/4/2004
It is simply a great, adorable story. Please feed the readers with a new chapter soon! Please!
Kalima chapter 8 . 4/22/2004
I really really loved this chapter, and I am loving the story. You guys have such a sure touch for erotica. I'm so glad you're writing this. What better escape from the strip-mall mentality of our world could there be? I can't imagine any.
Can I mention my usual copyediting type stuff? You have "...for them moment..." in one place. I think you need a comma between "sanity" and "prince" in "then look to your sanity prince." I also think the "prince" there needs to be capped, as you do in other places. I loved that line, by the way.
I also am particularly fond of "He is all innocence and temptation." And many others I could mention. I will be rereading this story. Many times. Please do go on!
Sildil chapter 8 . 4/21/2004
Oh Wow!..that was wonderful!...Chapter eight was so beautifully written, very tender.
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »