Reviews for Issue 1: Leaving Home, Coming Home
Tenderfoot chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
I’m a little shocked that the Professor wouldn’t tell JP about what happened to his sister. But as Bobby state, he does have a knack for withholding the truth. But when the result is this awesome fic I’m willing to forgive him. :)

Making Kurt the Leader was a good move and not just because this new mission will get him out of his funk and back to his swashbuckling self. And I’m actually intrigued that you put Page on the team – she is a little underappreciated. It’s good that you gave her the chance to carve out a position for herself that isn’t Cannonball’s little sister or Warren’s new girlfriend. Hopefully the same is true for Bobby.

And no Marvel team would be complete with sarcastic commentary, which his so graciously provided by my favourite Canadian mutant (sorry, Logan). And how could I not love the fact that Jubilee wanted to name the new team Charlie’s Angels. It made me smile.
Fizzing Wizard chapter 1 . 11/24/2007
JP has the awesome Spock eyebrow-lift thing going on. ;)

I'm loving all these stories. They're fantastic! And what a regular dream team. Great job!
Melodyrider chapter 1 . 8/6/2007
Incredible. I love the way everyone is brought into this team, and the common bond they all share in feeling out of place with the X-Men. The action scene was fantastic and did a great job of showing them working together while also making it clear they still need work, and I loved the scene where they discuss their team name over Chinese food. This story is off to a great start!
rugez chapter 1 . 5/8/2004
Personally, I thought this was MUCH better than anything i've seen Marvel pump out recently. I like the team you've choosen (especially Jubilee) and I like the way they all interact.
Good job,
-rugez
Gamecube is by far the coolest!
B Oots chapter 1 . 4/30/2004
I really enjoyed the story. I look forward to reading the next story of the series.
Jaenelle Angelline chapter 1 . 4/12/2004
X-Men, watch out, there's a new player on the chessboard...!
Seriously, though, it's a good thing these X-Men struck out on their own. They've all outgrown The Dream, and if The Dream doesn't work for you anymore, it's time to go find another one. You can't live without dreams, after all.
'Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken winged bird
That cannot fly...'
They may not have a dream yet, besides getting out from under Charles' extraordinarily stifing, ever-pervasive presence...but a name is a good start, and a motto better. Just, they'd better not let Jubilee and Paige pick out the 'coordinating outfits'! And, uh, please, y'all, no yellow and blue spandex? It's like painting a bullseye on your back when going down a dark alley at night. Black is good for darkness and night work, and maybe a neutral beige for day and light terrain. Or just black, come to think of it. And skintight. Black makes you look skinnier, anyway; and it'll give Jean-Paul plenty of eyecandy to look at when Bobby sails by!
SilverCaladan chapter 1 . 3/23/2004
Is is possible to hurt both of you and, at the same time, smother you with love? I'm looking forward to reading this long thing... but not looking forward to reviewing it! But I'm doing it anyway, because... well... :D.

Wonderful mention of the secretary. It adds just the right amount of humor that you *need* to fool people into thinking that this will merely be a humorous fic. Of course, I know way better than to expect that.

What's really funny, is that Bobby's unrealization of how deep he is actually hurt is very normal. People don't realize how much certain events really sting inside until they start to tell them, in a non-joking way, to someone they know. I think it is part of that idea that human beings are "social" creatures; most of us, at least the extroverts anyway, only realize things while they are talking them out. Thinking is fine... but you don't reach many heights in personal feelings without talking. Its always been that way for me, anyway ;.

lmfao! Wonderful line, about being led in circles around inside the bag. Ah, a classic.

'Better to get in on the ground floor, if you wanted to move to the top.'
... damn, you don't know how true I find that. Say a message board; if you start out as a founding member, you are almost guarenteed a moderator or administration position, something coveted by later additions who have to work like fuck to get there, simply because they came later.

Well, you have to at least expect Bobby to not see anyone as "the kid". After all, he was an original X-Man, but he was always the youngest.

ROFL! Loved the line about the tennis match and the laundry detergents. Ah... humor at its best. My two favorite humor writers (though that isn't their genre) get together to write a story. How did I *not* anticipate chapters to make me laugh and laugh and laugh?

~ SilverCaladan ~
Polka Dot chapter 1 . 3/21/2004
Actually I'm rather partial to my money as well and I've always been a huge Jean Paul fan.
cyberpilate chapter 1 . 3/2/2004
I normally avoid 616 fanfic, thanks to the current books setting the tone for some awful, awful work (*insert a great deal of Austin-bashing here*). But, thanks to ta lot of advertizing on Beaubier's part, I came over to read what you have.
And it's a good start. The mistakes made in the curent books (forgetting about Jubliee, for one) are being acknowledged and even seem to be on the road to being dealt with. One of the better battle sequences I've read recently, I like the perspective you took, making the whole fight seem a lot more suspencefull and dangerous.
Good work, guys. Can't wait to see where you're going with this. )
Jacqei chapter 1 . 2/26/2004
OH PLEASE WRITE MORE! IT"S GOING GREAT!
Lightofstar chapter 1 . 2/25/2004
It's kinda sad because things really are this bad over in the X-Men. Interesting take on Bobbys' mutation, is he still devoloping it after 'Draco'? Jubilees' reason for leaving made the most sense and to be honest I expected her to do the same in the MU. I'll be looking forward to seeing what happens to the team as this is an interesting take on these charcters.
style chapter 1 . 2/17/2004
please say this will have a bobby and jubilee romance! i hope so!
great story! i love the fact you have all their points of views throughout the story! can't wait to read the next chapter!
Didi chapter 1 . 2/17/2004
The jem if I ever saw one. I don't get to do a lot of reading in here but I do try to pick up a few every once in a while and this one caught my eye. Great story. I love the protray of each charater and the format of this story. Each character gets their own moment and gets to voice their thoughts and emotions on what they are doing and who they want to be. Thank you for writing a story that involved the under-appreciated members of the X-Men team. They is going to be an interesting ride, I can just see it. Can't wait for the next issue.
BlueSqueak chapter 1 . 2/16/2004
Wow. You guys have done such a great job in portraying the characters' personalities. I loved reading this, pleasepleaseplease update soon.
cmoreno100 chapter 1 . 2/12/2004
Excellent story! Just when I had given up on X-men, you drag me back in! Thanks for writing this and keep up the good work.