Reviews for Lonely at the Top
littledrummergirl257 chapter 12 . 12/26/2014
Wow! I realize that it's been almost ten years since you have finished this story, but it was very impressive. You did such a great job with portraying all of the characters so realistically. I'm sure you also had to do a fair amount of research and I applaud you for putting the time in to do that. It really shows in your writing. Amazing job with this story! It's kept me captivated over the last few days in my spare time.
LadyBluePhoenix chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
Actually the youngest child of the Contes is Vania, who was apparently named after a relative of her mothers.

The timeline/birth order as stated by Tamora Pierce is ...

-Roald

aww this is so sweet
Lizardbut chapter 12 . 8/28/2011
A wonderful story.
milky way bar chapter 12 . 1/30/2010
It's been almost five years since you finished this story, so I hope you still check your reviews. This was phenomenal, I loved it -truly one of the best I have ever read. I teared up at the end, it was just so sweet and sad. Fantastic job :)
Silent Serendipity chapter 12 . 1/16/2010
Hey :)

I loved the characterizations in this story, and the interactions between the characters were very realistic and well done. So many writers fall into the trap of making characters' personalities too perfect. I've never read a story that focused on Kalasin (In fact, I haven't entered this fandom in a long time) but I enjoyed it :)
Metomorpher chapter 12 . 1/10/2010
"

Those are tears!

Those are smiles!
Anonymous chapter 4 . 12/27/2009
wasn't it Bisn in the last chapter not Dian?
melpomene94 chapter 12 . 3/8/2009
Really interesting take on Empress Kalasin.
LunaSphere chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
I am reading this again, and again I am struck by how utterly beautiful your writing is-in this first chapter already, you've captured so many of the undercurrents in the political and personal relationships here.
Anyone But That chapter 12 . 8/24/2008
How awesomely cute! :D I love ALL the characters in here! I also like the Kalasin/Kaddar moments. Those are pretty cool, too.
Merkaba7734 chapter 12 . 8/13/2008
Wow. I have to say that I really like this story and am sad to get to the end.
hungryjunco chapter 12 . 7/3/2008
I realize that reviews for stories you wrote three years ago are less than helpful, and I usually don't comment on older stories like this one, but I'm making an exception here. You did a great job with this story. All the characters really came alive, and you did a great job taking a situation where Pierce's readers had been given almost no information and turning it into a dramatic, compelling story. This was very well-written - keep up the good work!
LunaSphere chapter 11 . 12/5/2007
rereading this again, i simply wanted to repeat just how impressively you work your way into pierce's fantasy world, recreate its feel and culture and language that it feels as if it's more part of cannon than a fanfiction.
LunaSphere chapter 12 . 11/30/2007
much enjoyed, beginning to end.