Reviews for The Secret Thoughts of a Man
Guest chapter 2 . 9/16/2012
The absolute best moment if this fic was Barman remembering his other self:
"A puff of smoke from a distant factory reminded Batman of Gotham. The other Gotham and how clean it had been. He wanted that Gotham, wanted it so badly he could taste it in every decision he made."

I'd never considered the fact that batman would compare his Goth tothe other Gotham. *#it makes his struggle against darkness that much deeper- to know that there was another option that he didn't take, yes, but that he still wants the flawed ideal.
wild wolf free17 chapter 2 . 1/1/2010
Awesome!
Hephaestus01 chapter 2 . 8/16/2008
This is a brilliant insight into Batman's character. Really wonderful.
JoPoGirlsKickAss chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
great job

i love bats

10/10 :)
Rosadina chapter 2 . 11/10/2005
Great story. I'm putting it in my c2 archive.
Amarin Rose chapter 2 . 7/12/2005
/"And I can live with myself the next day."/

Being able to look oneself in the mirror without flinching is worth rather a lot. Very Battish, without losing his humanity, your Bruce. I like. :)
Amarin Rose chapter 1 . 7/12/2005
/John grinned. You couldn't predict the man, could you? Well, it sure kept life interesting./

I'm thinking of a certain Chinese blessing (really more of a curse): May you live in interesting times.

Definitely so with wonderful fics like these.
pmaniac chapter 2 . 12/12/2004
Wow I like your writing style. You really did a good job at blending humour in with this story.

Both seemed pretty much in character - it's very hard to get an insight into their thoughts and attitudes from the cartoon.

It was refreshing to see a story told from John's POV, and Batman's contained a great mix of deep, thoughtfulness and dark sarcasm! Great job :D
Kendarath chapter 2 . 7/23/2004
*smiles* nice. I liked the second chapter best. But that's my Bat-love showing through. _
Lady J2 chapter 2 . 5/20/2004
Nicely done. I smirked my way through most of Latern's dialoge, and found a bit of introspection in Batman's. Not an easy task, to envision and successfully communicate the same senerio through two different (and not *original*) characters' eyes.
Sweet.
MatureImmaturity chapter 2 . 3/11/2004
Interesting. I always like fics where we (the readers) get insights into the mind of the "Dark Knight". Good story. I liked the first chapter too. A cartoon doesn't really do much justice to John's personality. Good job.
BraveLion chapter 2 . 3/10/2004
Sundiata: Another lovely chapter. Brilliant!
ElvenEyes: I just love the way you retold the story, but this time, though it was the same story, you told it from batty's POV. wonderful.
!
Ambrosia chapter 2 . 3/8/2004
Oh, kewl, u have that whole double-perspective thing going here! Whenever sum1 puts different perspectives into/linking the same event, it sort of makes me think of pulp fiction. And I don't know why, but that always makes me laff a little. Emm, ur story was really, really... good..? It's actually the most interesting view of GL that I've ever seen. To me, he's always so boring and uptight and green and glowy and even more emphatically boring. It's nice u shed some light on his human side. And batman has one too, sort of. Who'da thunk.
Qk chapter 2 . 3/5/2004
Wow. That's all I can say. Wow. A really, really, big wow. You're an amazing author.
IronRaven chapter 2 . 2/26/2004
GAH! And I thought I could get into the Bat's belfrey.
Showing this from both points of view, while keeping Bats and GL distinct, is a difficult test of one's ability. Very well done.