Reviews for Small Strengths
dinopoodle chapter 1 . 8/25/2009
I don't much care for spiders, however I never really looked at life from his point of view. Good Job.
andaere chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
Aww, this is cute. Poor Frodo, though. He must've been so messed up after he destroyed the ring... everything from spiders to rocks probably gave him some kind of WWI flashback episode.

You write well. Thanks for sharing!
mossysnakes chapter 1 . 4/7/2006
that was good! really good! i dunno wut else 2 say...XD
bethahnee chapter 1 . 6/7/2005
Poor Frodo! I'm scared of spiders too, but not as badly as he is. It's lucky that they have no poisonous spiders in the Shire.

And your description of Frodo getting in a fight with Bill Sandyman reminds me of me. Everyone thinks I'm this quiet person who doesn't talk (except my close friends). But one day I got in a fight with this kid and I almost took out his kneecap. Oops.

Anargil _~
Periantari chapter 1 . 7/2/2004
I really like this story! very clever idea..and i love the h/c in the latter part of the story hehehe )

thanks a lot for sharing )
Frodo Silverlune chapter 1 . 3/2/2004
ew black widow. poor frodo, to get bitten by yet ANOTHER spider...i'm not too fond of spiders myself, so I can understand his 'fear' of them a little...well written.
dab chapter 1 . 2/25/2004
really good, very different pont of view, wondering what frodo and sam thought of spiders after their encounter with shelob. Brilliant!
arabella thorne chapter 1 . 2/24/2004
A very charming tale-I am not quite the arachnophobe as some of the others here-but the black widow has always given me the willies-shes so shiny-creepy-but Frodo's generous soul even felt for the small arachnid. Bless him.
arabiasil chapter 1 . 2/22/2004
I love your story. And I loved spending some time with the hobbits. I think my lifestyle would best fit in their culture. Very well written. However I only have one thing to say about the spider. The only good spider is a dead spider. Ew. Ahem. Thanks for a neat story and please keep up the good work.
Arabiasil
Althea chapter 1 . 2/16/2004
This is a great story. I think your use of the spider was very clever. It would stand to reason that both Sam and Frodo would have hard times with the little creatures after their ordeal with Shelob. The ending is absolutely perfect. I love how Gandalf reminds Sam that size is not always an indicator of strength and also how Frodo comes to appreciate the spider's bravery. It's always a pleasure to read any story in which Frodo finds comfort in Sam's loving presence.
rabidsamfan chapter 1 . 2/13/2004
Ah, poor Frodo. He's going to jump at every daddy-long-legs now.
Good story.
Breon Briarwood chapter 1 . 2/12/2004
I like this story. I haven't seen any others written about this possibility. After what Frodo's been through a bit of arachnophobia is probably a good thing.
Coolio02 chapter 1 . 2/12/2004
Oh, this fic was great! I loved how Frodo was actually concerned for the spider's welfare instead of being angry with it.
Good job, Elwen:-)
Kaewi chapter 1 . 2/12/2004
Wow, I really enjoyed this story! It gives Frodo some sort of closure. I love the way all the aspects of the story fit together, especially how the angst didn't seem to be shoved in, it was beautifully worked in there. I think I experienced almost every emotion there is in under 5 minutes! Thank you for the read!
Camellia Gamgee-Took chapter 1 . 2/12/2004
Lovely story - the last line was VERY effective and showed how unaware Frodo is of all that he is done.
It was wonderful, just wonderful. Thanks for sharing!