Reviews for The Depths of Winter
vamplover100 chapter 26 . 12/25/2013
Sorry to lazy to log in, but Omg I loved this story, I honestly almost didn't read it, but I'm super happy I did, great job.
Petrichor-3 chapter 26 . 12/8/2013
Loved it!
ImSuperSiriusGuys chapter 26 . 12/5/2013
Well, I feel like a terrible person for only reviewing just now, but here goes.

I am a very picky reader when it comes to Draco and Harry, that much I will admit. Most stories, I can't even bring myself to finish. Either the characters themselves aren't given enough justice, or the relationship isn't.

This is most likely the best Drarry I've read to this day. Made my heart clench, made me smile, laugh. Tugged my heartstrings every which way and I absolutely loved it.

You successfully managed to blend together a realistic relationship between two characters and a plot.

I felt as though the entire time, I was right alongside the duo as they worked through everything. Reading about Draco taking those few steps at the end, that.. simply put, ended the story in the most amazing way imaginable.

I'm actually moderately speechless with how great this was, and fumbling over my words quite a bit. You'll have to excuse me. On top of that, I haven't written a review in at least a few months.

Heh, oops.

In a nutshell, I love absolutely everything about this story. The depth, humor, imagination, plot, characters... it was brilliant. I had very strong suspicions from the start that Hermione had gone dark after Ron's death and Harry abandoning her. All the same, I can't say I predicted it was her at the end of the tunnel. Despite my natural suspicion as a reader, I was so consumed and in the moment with the characters, that Hermione did not even cross my mind. Myra and Darius were lovable and fun. While at first I saw a remake of Harry's old friends, the characters, as the story progressed, proved to be entirely their own; with their own personalities, quirks and lives. Brilliant, just brilliant. I loved the breaking down of Draco's emotional walls, and I loved seeing how Harry changed, too. He was so damaged and lost at the beginning of the story, but still he seemed so sure that he was all right. All it took was someone to show him that there was more to life than going through the motions.

I also am quite glad that in the end, Harry did not entirely turn his back on the magical world! He was so in love with magic as a child, it seemed to be his haven from the horrible life he lived, that I thought it very sad that he had let go of it, and his childhood, so entirely. Sure, he had a rough life - war, death, you name it, it was there. But there was still good to be had, and it's never good to repress things out of a fear that there are things you don't want to see there.

Okay, okay, I'm rambling. Hopefully you don't mind a really long review. In hindsight, I should have just reviewed more than once, considering I have this much to say.

My deepest compliments to your writing - or, your writing as it was almost 10 years ago.. gosh! - and my thanks for putting this out there and giving everyone the chance to read and enjoy it! I certainly did!

Whew. well.. That's all! Thank you! :)
shadowpen55 chapter 26 . 11/21/2013
omg this story is so sweet ;-; i loved it!
AshuraKazuhi chapter 26 . 11/15/2013
Loved it, thank you for sharing this amazing, awesome story!
Inner Self chapter 1 . 11/10/2013
I don't think I can read this. I only read the summary. I will think about it. I'm sure you are a damn good writer, so if nothing else looks good, I will come back here and cry my eyes out.
Hotaru no Kaori chapter 26 . 11/7/2013
It's the first fic I read in English (I'm French). It's original and interesting. I really like it. :)
Guest chapter 17 . 11/5/2013
Couldn't Hermione have easily done it?
"I just took a peek into your room"
Your. Room. Your fucking room, the most private place you have in your house and just "looked around".
I haven't seen you in over four years, I find you on my doorstep (when I didn't tell you where I lived) and took it upon yourself to have a look around?
Fuck you. I bet she planted the bomb cause she was jealous of Draco, not to mention that potion that basically made him comatose. I love this story.
serena willkorf chapter 26 . 11/5/2013
Thank you for this beautiful story, it really touched me.
Guest chapter 24 . 10/28/2013
how'd i know!? i totally knew it was her from her behavior toward Draco!
totally trying not to scream in excitement that i was right. lol
Indifferente chapter 26 . 10/22/2013
I read the French translation of this story but it is not complete so I came here to read the last 4 chapters. I'm sorry I have not commented those 4 chapters but my English is not good enough to express correctly my toughts.
I just wanna say that your story was amazing, thank you for sharing it with us.
Sumthin Clever chapter 26 . 10/4/2013
You go from talking about Harry and Draco and Ginny and Molly to Harry and Draco and Myra and Darius. It feels like they're two separate times but no time jump was mentioned. It's just like Ginny and Molly ceased to exist when Myra and Darius came into the picture.

This was lovely. My second read through. There were bits and pieces that I didn't necessarily like throughout, but it left a very good, very sweet taste in my mouth. And that's all I can reasonable ask in a fic. I don't regret reading it. I'm very happy to have done so. Thanks.
Sumthin Clever chapter 25 . 10/4/2013
I'm glad he woke up. I'm not ready for an angst fest.
Sumthin Clever chapter 24 . 10/4/2013
Hermione was nuts.
Sumthin Clever chapter 23 . 10/4/2013
I do love Harry's friends.

He seems to like being in trios.

I think Hermione would have chosen a different guard than Fluffy. Something Harry had never faced and would have no idea how to fight. Unless she wanted to be caught.

Why would Myra throw down the flute? They might need it to get out. Or if could be used as a weapon where she otherwise has none. She wasn't thinking ahead.
2,755 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 .. Last Next »