Reviews for Promises, Promises
BooksAreMedicine chapter 1 . 10/17/2015
So sweet, and such good characterizations
TheAmazingDave chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
This is a great story! and I agree with the previous reviewer I hate stories where Zoe's child is a carbon copy of Wash, so well done!

Although I do have some questions: Why was Inara kicked out of the Guild? and Are Mal and Inara going get together?

Any chance of some one-shots to explain these questions...Please!

I know I'm a little, but whatever right?
Sandy Sue chapter 1 . 5/11/2012
I'm a harsh critic, but this is pure gold.

Absolutely believable. The characters true and right. This is exactly how I see Mal, and Hope is the perfect challenge to his longterm defenses. When Inara places her in Mal's arm-oh, his reaction is so *Mal*.

I love that Wash is the one screaming and Zoe goes through labor silently. Perfect.

I know this is an old story, but I'm new to the site. So glad I found this and you.
JustLikeToRead chapter 1 . 4/9/2011
Awesome! :)
Hope and love chapter 1 . 2/22/2008
i love it!
Enfleurage chapter 1 . 1/31/2007
What worked well? Pretty much everything. A perfect little gem of a story.

Late to the fandom, I'm stumbling across both the dross and the gold and this is definitely in the latter category.

Particular favorites - more yelling and screaming from Wash than Zoe; Jayne reading the comic book and mouthing the words, with delayed reactions when he got the jokes; River telling a story to a piece of equipment; an ACCURATE description of a newborn (first time I've seen it in a Zoe/Wash have a baby story - Zoe giving birth to Wash clones make me cranky thinking about the tiny, tiny genetic probability of that happening, even if she was carrying recessive genes); Mal thawing; the indescribable sensation of having all of your priorities reorganized by a baby - actually most of the story.

What you could have done better? Not a darn thing. Perfect as is.
Raiining chapter 1 . 10/4/2006
Aw ... very cute.

Very sweet, and neat little scene there at the end.
Stormkpr chapter 1 . 5/7/2006
I liked this a lot. I want more, though. It feels like you could've taken this and continued on. Very good use of words and images to get us into Mal's heart and head.
terimaru1 chapter 1 . 12/13/2005
Lovely. I really did tear up when Mal started coming undone. So sweet and well written. Your command of grammar and grammar is excellent and makes your stories a joy to read.

River curled up in a corner, quietly telling a story to the power coupling Kaylee had left off repairing. This was just priceless. :-)
The RyRy chapter 1 . 10/20/2005
This is so well-written, and what a fitting name for their daughter! And you write Wash's shoutings so well... that's a really random comment to make, but it's true. This is so very good. I always wondered "what if", and here you have answered that for me very, very well. Thank you.
Anora-the-Dreamer chapter 1 . 10/12/2005
Ver sweet and nice. I can imagine that being how any kid would come to Serenity.
Simple Enigma chapter 1 . 10/3/2005
that was right shiney. *tears up* i would have liked to see a baby on the boat
xanya-forever chapter 1 . 7/10/2005
So lovely! I think that's exactly the way Mal would react to a baby, especially a child of Zoe's. He's such a poor, gorgeous tortured soul. He really needs some "hope" in his life. I'm glad (in an evil way) that Inara's not happy now that she's left Serenity. God! When we she and Mal get it together! Anyway, I thought you characterized everyone perfectly (ha, especially when Wash's hand was being crushed by Zoe) and you got the perfect mix between sweet and dark. I very much look forward to reading more fics by you. ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC WORK!
Jovieve chapter 1 . 5/20/2005
This was the first piece of yours I read. I adore Zoe, and I am immensely intrigued by her relationship with Wash. The scene in 'Heart of Gold' caught my attention as well, and I have read several stories exploring the 'what ifs'. This is, by leaps and bounds, the best of them. It's almost bittersweet, which keeps it from being saccharine. You let Wash and Zoe keep their dignity. There's something about the "moment of intense silence" that so captures Zoe for me, even though she's barely present in the story. The moment when Mal holds the baby was just beautiful, and the moment between him and Inara was perfect. It's such a short piece - I want more! Tell me the rest of the story.

Beautiful. Well done.
selori chapter 1 . 2/22/2005
Yep, made me cry! Right when we got to "You will never be alone or lost or afraid or hungry, he promised her. Not while there is breath in my body, not while there is a single thing I can put my hand to."

Beautiful, and perfect, and just what a reaction to a new baby *should* be, and I can completely see Mal having that reaction. Wonderfully written.